CAK vs. Knox Webb

GKBD15

Big G, I will never forget 2 years ago when I made that trek to Knoxville and watched CAK and Farragut play and watched the Coaches as well as all of your players pray at midfield before the game. I am coming for your game Friday Night and am looking for that visual confirmation of a higher power at midfield again. You and Coach Culbreth are both a class act. Good Luck

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lion, thank you for the scouting report. I speak "coach" so I know what coach Culbreth was talking about. Some of our guys watched Webb play Kingston tonight, so I think I have a good view. Tell coach I look forward to praying with the admirals!

Gameball, it's about giving honor where honor is due. If the boys play for the "audience of One" then everything else is trivial. I hope you will be able to make it to Friday's game. Should be a whopper!

Now, back to Webb, because we need to focus on them first!!! Does anyone know why they play so few games? I think they have played 8 games, and have 2 left. Or are there games that aren't posted?

Edited by BigGExpress

The first half was pretty even with Webb finishing on a well placed cross that slipped past the CAK defense. In the second half though CAK stepped up big time and totally dominated the game. Webb didn't have a single shot on goal that I can remember and only attacked maybe 3 or 4 times. Some great saves by Webb's keep saved the game for them. It was an exciting game.

BigG, your guys played very hard last night. They never gave up but they just couldn't buy a goal. It reminded me a little of a match your team won earlier this year. You are absolutely correct, Webb's keeper, Liam Cremins, came up big for the Spartans. I hope your match at least tired them out. Good luck with Farragut.

BigG, your guys played very hard last night.  They never gave up but they just couldn't buy a goal.  It reminded me a little of a  match your team won earlier this year.  You are absolutely correct, Webb's keeper, Liam Cremins, came up big for the Spartans.  I hope your match at least tired them out.  Good luck with Farragut.

825665019[/snapback]

One of my first comments was that now we know how Catholic felt earlier in the year! Good luck, Hoya.

One of my first comments was that now we know how Catholic felt earlier in the year!  Good luck, Hoya.

825665021[/snapback]

I can't imagine what you mean... For what it's worth, and I know you know this, a timely loss to a good team, like Webb, can do wonders for the rest of your season. In the first half, I honestly thought your offense looked a little tenative, like it was searching for someone missing. In the second half, your guys looked like they all assumed personal responsibility for attacking the net. They couldn't connect but it wasn't from a lack of effort. I fully expect CAK to threepeat in A/AA and I didn't change my mind after what I saw last night.