Monterey-Red Boiling Springs.

muffin

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Walker66, Is ole red still pitching that ball for strikes?  It's a good thing she got all her tallent from her mom! Ha! Ha! Just giving you a hard time. Judy and I are very proud of our daughter( Amy Stevens) and all of the Lady Wildcats.  These last couple of years have been great to see the program back to where it belongs....at the top!  Sometimes you have to over-look parents who don't know how to handle winning or playing for the league lead.  They have never been their before and they don't know how to act.

Coach Stevens will have her ladies ready and remember it's what you do in the tournaments that counts!  The regular season is just practice and gets the girls ready for the tournaments.  Keep cool and playem one game at a time!  Just survive and advance it doesn't matter if you win by one run or by twenty.  Like Al Davis owner of the Oakland Raiders says " Just Win Baby!"

Great luck in the tournament to all three Putnam Co. teams.  Go Lady Bees!  Go Lady Wildcats! and yes..........Go lady Cavs!

825664644[/snapback]

Playing for the league lead,give me a break,I think they have won it 4 out of last 5 years.

Hey Walker66, Is ole red still pitching that ball for strikes?  It's a good thing she got all her tallent from her mom! Ha! Ha! Just giving you a hard time. Judy and I are very proud of our daughter( Amy Stevens) and all of the Lady Wildcats.  These last couple of years have been great to see the program back to where it belongs....at the top!  Sometimes you have to over-look parents who don't know how to handle winning or playing for the league lead.  They have never been their before and they don't know how to act.

Coach Stevens will have her ladies ready and remember it's what you do in the tournaments that counts!  The regular season is just practice and gets the girls ready for the tournaments.  Keep cool and playem one game at a time!  Just survive and advance it doesn't matter if you win by one run or by twenty.  Like Al Davis owner of the Oakland Raiders says " Just Win Baby!"

Great luck in the tournament to all three Putnam Co. teams.  Go Lady Bees!  Go Lady Wildcats! and yes..........Go lady Cavs!

825664644[/snapback]

Hey walker 66 I think your right about some parents. At monday's game when my daughter was batting someone told Red to hit her. How classy is that.

825664644[/snapback]

The "parent" they were talking about happens to be one of my friend's dad and his daughter has been playing for 9 years. I think "the parent" knows how to handle winning and playing for the league lead. And yes, RBSDAWGS7, they have won 4 out of the last 5 years. They DEFINATLY know how to win. :D Good luck Lady Dawgs and keep up the great work!

score was      monterey  15

rbs              7

way to fight back girls  rbs is young but tough.... way to team up on pitching ashley and sam....great job by both of you...... thumb

i was not gonna comment on something but still ticks me off.whoever the parent was and he knows who he was showed no class by directing a comment towards a player on field...refs and coaches well yea might be different if you get steamed at them .. but these kids play their hearts out and practice hard.....no need for that at any ball field.......the comment was about sliding ..for those who want to know.. hard to slide when the plays 4 ft from the base .. but on a lighter note....... keep the grunts coming lady dawgs... just tickles ashley to know she has fans that like it .. :D

825663804[/snapback]

The lady dawgs are very tough...The parent that made the comment said it because there was another comment made by a parent from monterey.The comment was disrespectful toward the shortstop player....The Lady Dawgs are a very hard working team and devote much time to practice and WINNING......and they dont deserve a comment made toward them either.....Oh and they will keep them grunts coming because they arent fans of ashley;)....GO LADY DAWGS!

I think RBS has another thing coming. Monterey is more ready than ever for districts next week. I'll have to say RBS will put up a good fight. But I think the Lady Cats will come out on top. As long as the parents on both sides allows the girls to play and keep to themselves. :D

Go Lady Cats!

Monterey Baseball

Wildcats #11

I don't have a dog...or cat in this race, but i think most parents need to remember that these girls are playing because they enjoy the game and spectators are watching for the same reason. If the only comments that can be made are negative and toward a player, they shouldn't be made at all. If someone has a problem with a coach or umpire, don't take away from the game..deal with it like responsible adults and let the kids PLAY BALL.

I don't have a dog...or cat in this race, but i think most parents need to remember that these girls are playing because they enjoy the game and spectators are watching for the same reason.  If the only comments that can be made are negative and toward a player, they shouldn't be made at all.  If someone has a problem with a coach or umpire, don't take away from the game..deal with it like responsible adults and let the kids PLAY BALL.

825665313[/snapback]

I don't have a dog in this race either, but I have in the past. Last year a parent from Monterey told one of the girls to slide into my daughter's ankle and take her out of the game. I agree with you. Parents should just cheer for their teams and not make comments about the other team's players. Oh and if I remember correctly, in our game against Monterey last year, the pitcher hit one of our girls at least 4 or 5 times in ONE game. She got an excellent hit the first time up and everytime after that, she was hit by a pitch. If ya want to walk a player, there is another side of the plate besides the one the batter stands on. How unsportsmanshiplike is that.

I don't have a dog...or cat in this race, but i think most parents need to remember that these girls are playing because they enjoy the game and spectators are watching for the same reason.  If the only comments that can be made are negative and toward a player, they shouldn't be made at all.  If someone has a problem with a coach or umpire, don't take away from the game..deal with it like responsible adults and let the kids PLAY BALL.

825665313[/snapback]

u got that rite thumb

The lady dawgs are very tough...The parent that made the comment said it because there was another comment made by a parent from monterey.The comment was disrespectful toward the shortstop player....The Lady Dawgs are a very hard working team and devote much time to practice and WINNING......and they dont deserve a comment made toward them either.....Oh and they will keep them grunts coming because they arent fans of ashley;)....GO LADY DAWGS!

825665052[/snapback]

srry but i was there and i dont think that they were bein nice about those grunts i think they were amkin fun fo ashley and that guy said "teach her how to slide because she ran into his daughter so dont be so dang ruff on him grow up

srry but i was there and i dont think that they were bein nice about those grunts i think they were amkin fun fo ashley and that guy said "teach her how to slide because she ran into his daughter so dont be so dang ruff on him grow up

825665491[/snapback]

She wasnt even close to the base when she ran into her. If you were there and remember right......she did slide and was still at least 3 feet away. She TRIED to avoid hitting the other player.