The Search for a Warren County Basketball Coach

thevoiceof

I WAS WONDERING WHAT EVERYONE HAS HEARD ABOUT THE SEARCH FOR A WARREN COUNTY BASKETBALL COACH. I KNEW THINGS WERE GOING DOWNHILL WHEN LUNA TURNED IT DOWN, BUT MAN THINGS HAVE GONE EVEN FURTHER. SUPPOSEDLY, ANYWHERE FROM 2-4 MORE PEOPLE HAVE TURNED IT DOWN NOW.

WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?

WHY WON'T ANYONE TAKE THIS JOB?

WHO WILL BE THE NEXT COACH?

WHAT'S THE PROBLEM?!?!?!?!?

THE ONLY ONES I KNOW OF THAT DEFINITELY WERE OFFERED AND TURNED IT DOWN ARE BOBBY LUNA FROM GALLATIN AND THE FORMER HEAD COACH AT SYCAMORE WHO ACCEPTED THE POSITION AT OBION COUNTY. I HAVE HEARD OF OTHERS BUT DO NOT WANT TO STATE NAMES AND EVENTS I AM NOT ABSOLUTELY SURE OF.

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD ADDRESS WHAT THINGS HAVE COME TO. SOMEONE BROUGHT THIS TO MY ATTENTION. THIS IS A COPY/PASTE FROM TSSAA.ORG:

BBk - Warren County High School in McMinnville, TN has an opening for head boys basketball coach. Valid Tennessee license required. Will try to work with almost any certification. Email resumes to Roy Pierce at piercer1@k12tn.net or call (931) 668 4022 ext. 226 for more information. Please, do not apply if you do not intend to accept job when offered. (05/03/2005)

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THAT? THAT'S KINDA PROOF THAT PEOPLE HAVE TURNED IT DOWN.

JUST THOUGHT I WOULD ADDRESS WHAT THINGS HAVE COME TO.  SOMEONE BROUGHT THIS TO MY ATTENTION.  THIS IS A COPY/PASTE FROM TSSAA.ORG:

BBk -  Warren County High School in McMinnville, TN has an opening for head boys basketball coach. Valid Tennessee license required. Will try to work with almost any certification. Email resumes to Roy Pierce at piercer1@k12tn.net or call (931) 668 4022 ext. 226 for more information. Please, do not apply if you do not intend to accept job when offered. (05/03/2005)

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK ABOUT THAT?  THAT'S KINDA PROOF THAT PEOPLE HAVE TURNED IT DOWN.

825665938[/snapback]

Who are some of the names that are being kicked around over there with this job that has not already turned it down? When are they looking to finally name someone and get them in there to start working for team camps?

Who has applied for this job and who has turned it down? Has Bruce Slatten the former coach at White County applied? He is a very good coach who was in a tough situation at White. He would be worth giving a call he has won everywhere but at Wite County. He still lives in Sparta but now coaches at Culleoka High school in Maury County. He also has what no other 7-AAA coach has a State Championship.

Edited by attila

From what I've heard Ryan Smith, an assisstant /head freshman coach from Gallatin, will be named soon. He is originally from Warren Co. They need to move quick - spring practice has already started! Way to be on the ball, ADMINISTRATION!!! They really move fast on these tough decisions, don't they?

Edited by hoop20

From what I've heard Ryan Smith, an assisstant /head freshman coach from Gallatin, will be named soon. He is originally from Warren Co. They need to move quick - spring practice has already started! Way to be on the ball, ADMINISTRATION!!!  They really move fast on these tough decisions, don't they?

825672734[/snapback]

Have they finally named a coach? Did Ryan Smith get the job?