Div. II East

Hoya

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So how does the east actually finish out? baylor 1st- mccallie 2nd- notre dame 3rd- catholic 4th- webb 5th and kings academy 6th?

825669190[/snapback]

Both Baylor and McCallie ended 2-1-1 with 7 points, Baylor wins with the head to head win and goal differential. ND was 3rd with a 2-2-0 record with 6 points. Catholic 4th, 1-1-2 with 5 points, Web 1-3-0 with 3 points and King's academy with 0.

You gotta like these matchups. Catholic and Webb in the first round, as well as Notre Dame and Mccallie. Two big rivalries. With Catholic just beating Webb 4-1, a decisive margin, they should be the favorites to win that game, although, in the playoffs, espcially with a rivalry that big anything can happen. The first Notre Dame - Mccallie game was very intense, as the crowd showed. I think Notre Dame was so shocked that they got scored on so early, they weren't able to recover. All that is behind them now, so this game should be even better with a state birth on the line. With a big win over their rival Catholic, they should be poised and ready to play. Its still nearly impossible to call, although, the slight edge goes to Mccallie seeing how they did beat ND before, BUT anything can happen. Looks for another good region tournament. Anyone wanna share predictions as well as an all-region team?

Predictions:

Catholic-2

Webb- 0

Baylor- 2

Catholic- 1

Mccallie-0

Notre Dame-0 (Notre Dame advances on pk's)

Baylor-0

Notre Dame-1

As for All-Region:

Keepers:

Robby Miller

Mike Pierce

Liam Cremmins

Defenders:

Fynn Glover

Devin Mathis

Nathan Herzog

Jon Reinert

Not sure about any Webb or Catholic guys, no offense, just cant name any.

Midfielders:

Jeff Kedrowski

Chris Rado

Chris Pollard

Patrick Johnson

Number 9 for Catholic

Number 7 for Catholic

Webb, no offense, just dont know anyone.

Forwards:

Joel Bradford

Philip Spitalny

David Matheny

Number 14 for Catholic

Marvin (?) from Webb

Pardon my ignorance for the Knoxville teams.

Someone help. Kings Academy? When I played at McCallie, they stiffed us twice. When was the last time a DII teamed played them? Do they have a team? Has anyone played them? How can they be in the region when they never play any of the East DII teams?

825669701[/snapback]

So many good questions.....

The folks at King's Academy have refused to schedule regular season games in the Region for many years, yet they show up as the 6th seed each year and play in the tournament. Catholic played them a few years ago and I'm pretty sure Baylor had a match with them within the last 2 or 3 years as well. Last year I think Webb beat them 6-0 in the first round of the tournament.

Here is the most current scoring summary for King's from the KNS PrepXtra site for Coach Schermerhorn: http://stats.prepxtra.com/sport/soccer/Lea...oys&SportID=SOC

Go to DII Offense----King's is the only Knoxville team reporting. Names and # of goals and assists are reported.

Edited by hoya75