Anderson Co .vs. Kingston

baseballislife09

Bleachercoach,

Stick with your scouting, or whatever you do, and move on to someone else. My son currently plays for Coach Robinette and, while I have had my differences with him over baseball matters, I can honestly say he is a fine person. I admittingly have used this forum in the past to vent my displeasure, but have since apologized for that and moved on. That is what you need to do. No good will come from what you are doing.

Sincerely,

RCPatriot

Chris Adams

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bleachercoach: To clarify where the hypocritical part is coming from...

You criticize others ie., parents and players for "continuosly staying on umpires and coaches". What exactly do you call what you are choosing to do here on this forum to my husband and other coaches. athletes and parents? Having opinions and speaking them is perfectly acceptable when done with tact and morality. You however, have shown none in your personal comments towards and about my husband and his program on this forum. It is people like you, that tear down the morale of good programs by keeping animosity stirred up among players, parents, and coaches.

I was raised playing sports, still continue to play at times, watch my oldest son play basketball, baseball, and practice martial arts, and yes, am still active in high school sports via my husband's position. So I am not ignorant to the ways of athletic programs, and am also not a "whining mom!". My husband loves each and every one of his players and worries nightly about the decisions he has to make from day to day. He not only treats his players as athletes, but also as people, something I dare say all coaches do not do, especially in your "college ranks" or whatever it is you scout for. It pains him to have to make decisions (line-up changes) when necessary, for reasons I won't discuss with you, because at times feelings get hurt and spectators, like yourself, read into and take out of those decisions what they want to, rather than respecting a coaches decision and not knowing the reasons the decisions were based on. I think you even mentioned not understanding why a line-up was changed that had worked previously. Why would you understand when you are not part of the program's coaching staff, or even directly associated with the team? I'd say you have heard what has been said about people who "assume" things.

There should be a level of mutual respect among professionals in both education and athletics. There have been many, many decisions that I have disagreed with in my past experiences with both. But I respect those decisions, because they were not mine to make. When I went into education, one of the goals on my resume was to eventually obtain a position coaching girls' softball. However, after becoming a "coaches wife" and seeing what a coach has to deal with from people who behave as you have chosen to, I quickly changed my mind and chose not to pursue that long time goal. When coaches are winning, they are the best thing going, but when they lose, everyone could have done better.

I am an educator just like my husband, and try daily to teach my children and students not only the curriculum that I am required to, but also good character...To respect others differences. In my opinion, you have shown none (respect). Before you preach to others about looking for players and parents with good character, take a look in the mirror.

Yes, my husband has thick skin. He is not nearly as bothered by this as I am. But I was also raised to stand up for what I believe in. I believe in my husband. I believe in his intentions for coaching baseball. I believe in standing up for my family. I also believe in voicing my opinions, just as you do, I just hope mine are viewed by others as being spoken for valid, justified reasons, not malicious ones.

With all due respect,

Mrs. Heather Robinette

Bleachercoach: To clarify where the hypocritical part is coming from...

You criticize others ie., parents and players for "continuosly staying on umpires and coaches". What exactly do you call what you are choosing to do here on this forum to my husband and other coaches. athletes and parents? Having opinions and speaking them is perfectly acceptable when done with tact and morality. You however, have shown none in your personal comments towards and about my husband and his program on this forum. It is people like you, that tear down the morale of good programs by keeping animosity stirred up among players, parents, and coaches.

I was raised playing sports, still continue to play at times, watch my oldest son play basketball, baseball, and practice martial arts, and yes, am still active in high school sports via my husband's position. So I am not ignorant to the ways of athletic programs, and am also not a "whining mom!". My husband loves each and every one of his players and worries nightly about the decisions he has to make from day to day. He not only treats his players as athletes, but also as people, something I dare say all coaches do not do, especially in your "college ranks" or whatever it is you scout for. It pains him to have to make decisions (line-up changes) when necessary, for reasons I won't discuss with you, because at times feelings get hurt and spectators, like yourself, read into and take out of those decisions what they want to, rather than respecting a coaches decision and not knowing the reasons the decisions were based on. I think you even mentioned not understanding why a line-up was changed that had worked previously. Why would you understand when you are not part of the program's coaching staff, or even directly associated with the team? I'd say you have heard what has been said about people who "assume" things.

There should be a level of mutual respect among professionals in both education and athletics. There have been many, many decisions that I have disagreed with in my past experiences with both. But I respect those decisions, because they were not mine to make. When I went into education, one of the goals on my resume was to eventually obtain a position coaching girls' softball. However, after becoming a "coaches wife" and seeing what a coach has to deal with from people who behave as you have chosen to, I quickly changed my mind and chose not to pursue that long time goal. When coaches are winning, they are the best thing going, but when they lose, everyone could have done better.

I am an educator just like my husband, and try daily to teach my children and students not only the curriculum that I am required to, but also good character...To respect others differences. In my opinion, you have shown none (respect). Before you preach to others about looking for players and parents with good character, take a look in the mirror.

Yes, my husband has thick skin. He is not nearly as bothered by this as I am. But I was also raised to stand up for what I believe in. I believe in my husband. I believe in his intentions for coaching baseball. I believe in standing up for my family. I also believe in voicing my opinions, just as you do, I just hope mine are viewed by others as being spoken for valid, justified reasons, not malicious ones.

With all due respect,

Mrs. Heather Robinette

As mr. rcpatriot has requested, I will move on. But, before I do, Mrs. "Coach", I have never been "malicious" as you say when speaking of your husband, personally, or from a coaching position. The statements I have made are justified based on what I have experienced throughtout the years when my son played for him and since that time. When a coach is making the same bad decisions year after year, and it is obviously not being looked at by the school administration, something needs to be done. Is it fair to those kids that are wanting to play ball at the next level, but aren't getting the instruction or the leadership to help them move to that next level? Alot of his players, past and present, have dedicated themselves to doing what ever it takes to getting to that next level. I don't think he has that same dedication.

Mrs. "Coach", I apologize if I have hurt your feelings. My intentions are only to voice my opinion on your husbands coaching abilities and his dedication. Not to attack him personally. I appreciate, as I'm sure your husband does, your defense for him. I wouldn't expect anything less.

I promise rcpatriot, now I'm moving on. Surely you have some thoughts you would like to share on this subject?

Very well put Mrs. Robinette. Some people may take this as a wife defending her husband, but what she wrote is much more than that. It is so easy to get on here and hide behind a screen name and bash people, while most of the time not even knowing what you are talking about. I mostly follow the softball team, so I have seen few baseball games but I do know that Coach Robinette works very hard and is a fine person. Nobody sees all of the work that goes into coaching behind the scenes or the countless hours spent worrying about the decisions that have been made or have to be made. Coaches sacrefice many hours with their own kids and family to spend time with our kids to try to make them better and all other people want to do is tear them down. I'm sure if Bruce had won the district every thing would be all smiles and roses, but then again the softball team won the district and they had two parents wanting rid of their coach because he practices TOO much. At another team in the county, they criticize their coach for practicing too little. Even when you win it is never enough for everyone on the team or every spectator. This type of thing is ruining high school athletics, do people not see that. I guarantee you bleachercoach if you were to coach that team next year you would have someone on here bashing you, no coach is immune, no matter how great you think your ideas about what needs to be done are. Please remember when you are on these boards that you are talking about an individual that usually is trying their best and has the best intentions of his/her team at heart. I mean, what do you think- that Coach Robinette is trying to lose? Heather you keep standing behind your husband. I'm glad you had the guts to stand up for him on here. You are not alone, there are lots of people In Kingston who respect him and think he does a good job.