Webb at Knox Catholic

Hoya

Although I have been into high school for some years now, I haven't really received much knowledge about Notre Dame.  Mostly because I guess I haven't seen them in the state tournament much?  Have they always been a solid program, but just couldn't make it to the state tournament?

825673263[/snapback]

ND has two A/AA state titles back in 96' and 97' They went to the DII semi-finals in 98' (first year in DII). Since then, they have had solid to good teams that have not been able to break through past the other East teams. This years team and the one they had two years ago are probably the best they've had since the late 90s.

Edited by uniden

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notre Dame usually has a strong team. The best ND team I ever played against was my junior year when we (Catholic) were killed by them in the regular season, then went to their place in the tournament and scored 2 goals in the first 3 or 4 minutes. Div 2 East is probably the toughest region to play in the state. 5 solid teams the have to beat each other up all season/tournament and only get two bids to the state tournament. I predict Catholic and McCallie in the finals with Catholic winning. I won't lie, I am partial to Catholic, but we have always been a great tournament team. Good luck to all teams.

Since Catholic is the 4 seed, if Catholic wins against Baylor, and McCallie beats ND....then Catholic, I assume, would play @ McCallie for the final. If ND wins their semi-final against McCallie, then Catholic would play at ND for the final (since ND has the higher #3 seed). Of course, if Baylor wins the Catholic game, then the final will be for sure held at Baylor because they are the #1 seed. A bit confusing until you get the hang of it :D

Edited by jstone14