Rainer

laxordie

I know I'm bout to ###### off half the lacrosse community, but I saw Jimbo play against MBA today, and I must say, I was not impressed at all. He is good...he reads passes really well, clears really well, is very confident, and very aware. The only problem is, he couldn't stop anything. Half the time, he wouldn't even move when the ball was shot. Chris Taylor is probably not as good at interceptions or awareness...but he can stop the ball, and thats what counts. I'd say out of seeing the top three goalies play Jimbo is last in ability to stop the ball. Fortunately for MUS, their defense is so good Jimbo is able to get by without being the best at stoping the ball.

I don't even like CBHS, as a matter of fact I hate them, but Chris T. easily deserves 1st team over Rainer. If Taylor's defense was anything like Jimbo's, CBHS would be unbeatable.

I don't like hating on other players, but I have heard so much about Rainer, and then to see him, I was very disappointed. Gibson is a total badass, though...respect all the way.

Obviously, I didn't see the game, so I don't know how well Jimbo played, but in my opinion, and I think I've probably seen Jimbo and Chris play as much as anybody else on the board, and more than all but one or two, Jimbo is better at stopping the ball than Chris. No disrespect to Chris, he's a great goalie, but in my opinion, Jimbo makes better saves than he does. Now, Jimbo might have played a very poor game, I don't know, but I think on a regular basis, he is a better goalie.

I am definitely going to have to disagree with you. Ok, maybe he didn't stop every shot but what happened at the end of the game? MUS WON! That's what a goalie is supposed to do: stop enough to let his team win. Now he does get alot of talk and rightly he should. On most cases he is a very solid goalkeeper; but nobody is perfect so we all have had our bad games. This might have been the case in this game but he is still a very good keeper and has been for some time now, otherwise he wouldn't have been playing at the level he is at now. Sorry if he disappointed you but I wish you could see him day in and day out; he is a very solid goalie.

just curious but how bout someone who played in the game comment on how jimbo played, bc i was at the game and it didn't seem like he played badly at all. Also who the heck are you to talk crap about ppl on another team, when I bet you don't even play and also I bet you go to CBHS considering you were praising Taylor so much. Also just watching the game I didn't see that great of defense by the MUS poles, they got beat every time on fast breaks. It looked like Jimbo did the best he could and even more (7 int, 5 gbs, and double digit saves, just rough stats from my mind), and just so you know I hate MUS.

Edited by Redtwin