A/AA Rankings

reaction

Well since im at work bored as anything i thought i would make my own top 10...so u can argue some more about someone elses picks :D

1.CAK - Defending State Champs. No 1A team has beat them during the season. Has some very good quality wins over teams like Science Hill, Knox Catholic, and Maryville. If you ask me, i think they are in stride for a 3-peat. The return of there national team player will also help there attack.

2. FRA - A lot of people could argue with this b/c they beat CAK in a scrimmage. To me a scrimmage is nothing so that will not go into account for this ranking. The tie with Notre Dame is impressive, as Notre Dame is no push over team. Also has no loss to a 1A team but 1 tie to rival CPA.

3. Lenoir City - This is where the argument will probably start up in this thread. This team seems to be getting hot at the right time winning there last 12. The loss the Livingston Acadamey is the only question about this team. I strongly believe this team could give CAK a really hard fought game if they make it to them. This team always plays high intensity, and on lost of emotion. They can find a way to win. Played Oak Ridge to a close game as it looks score wise 2-1. Last but not least..they got a new friend on the sideline lcsoccer who will keep the team in line now with his presence..

4. Livingston Academy - They did beat Lenoir City but could they do it again? I didnt see the game so i dont know how things with and dont really care. B/c this is my ranking :angry: . They have that win, along with a tie with Dobyns Bennett and what looks like a close match with Oak Ridge even tho they lost 1-0. This team could suprise me and be better than i think, and a lot of other people on here, but personally, i believe they are behind Lenoir City.

5. Station Camp - Do not know too much about this team. Looking at there schedule they have a quality win over Livingston Academy but i do not think they r the better team. Livingston had some better competition it looks like to me. This team has won 11 in a row and looks like they have got everything together going into the region tournament.

6. Grace Academy - Soccer info has Columbia Academy up there but i dont believe so. Someone out of the Chattanooga region will most likely have the oppertunity to play Columbia Academy and i believe they will knock the out in sectionals. This Grace team is dangerous right now. They have found a way to win big, and they have found the way to win the close ones, taking Boyd in doule OT. Big win over Baylor. Loss to Sweetwater shows they are vulnerable, but they took 27 shots on them and made 0. how many times does that happen?

7. Boyd Buchanan - Boyd is just as good as Grace. They play differnt styles of ball. While Grace poesses, Boyd is more direct and uses there speed. Just b/c they have not beat Grace, i dont think that makes them a worse team, b/c boyd gave grace everything they wanted in that game. Tough one vs an underrated CCS team tonight, if they win this game u have a good shot at seeing Boyd in memphis.

8. CPA - First time around they gave FRA all they could handle, ending in a 0-0 draw. They eventually knocked off Hume Fog, a top 10 soccer info team, 3-2. Look like they could be a on and off team tho as they did lose to CCS 1-0, or is CCS just underated?

9. Columbia Academy - This team has made an appearance in the sectional game since the last time i can remember. Im not sure what kind of record they have vs the Chatt. schools, but thisyear i believe will be one of the years that if they make it, they will lose. They hav eno losses to 1A teams, but the schedule does not seem to be that tough. No ranked teams in any classifiaction. They could be better thank i think, but this is just my opinion.

10. CCS - Yup thats right i think most people underestimate these guys. They play Boyd tonight and, and it should be a very close game. CCS is very capable of beating Boyd, or any other 1A school in Chatt. dont let there losing 6-9-3 record fool you, look at the schedule! Baylor, Notre Dame, Mccallie, Soddy Daisy, all top Chatt programs pretty much, and none of them were blow outs. Throw in one of Georgia's well respected teams Dalton and u have one heck of a schedule.They also beat the #8 team CPA 1-0. I would not be suprised if CCS knocked off Boyd tonight..won the region..and made a run in memphis..

Honorable mention: CSAS, Martin Westview, Loudon, Seymour,USJ,Hume Fog, Sweetwater.

As you can see most of these teams are East/Middle teams..but i guess thats just how my rankings game out..since Ridgeway left 1A, i havent known of many strong West TN teams. Good luck to everyone with the rest of the season..and let the arguing begin :lol:

Reminder!! These rankings were before tonights matches..and will change after results!

Edited by reaction

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very impressed with the rankings, very well thought out. I especially like your mention of CCS. I've been wondering why they seem to be overlooked, their record is not very impressive but they have a very difficult schedule.

825675726[/snapback]

CCS always puts a good squad together..i was shocked at there record, until i saw the teams..are u affiliated with CCS in any way? The Boyd vs CCS game should be a good one tonight tho..too bad im gonna miss it <_<

Grace impresses me. They seem to have started the season slowly but are doing very well and finishing strong now. Sweetwater also seems to be playing well. Do you know if they still have Ryan Bivens?

And no, i'm not associated with CCS but i agree that it should be a very interesting game.

Edited by TTstopper01

Grace impresses me. They seem to have started the season slowly but are doing very well and finishing strong now. Sweetwater also seems to be playing well. Do you know if they still have Ryan Bivens?

And no, i'm not associated with CCS but i agree that it should be a very interesting game.

825675745[/snapback]

This was ryan bivens senior season..Grace knocked them out in the district semi finals..that team depended too much on him (bivens) in scoring i believe..

What a loser this reaction clown is :angry: I personally think it is a masterpiece. I like the mention of CCS in the top 10. I think they are really playing hard for their coach. I havent had the chance to see Station Camp, Grace, CPA, Boyd, or CA, but judging by their results they must be good. We could argue all day about LC and LA (as mentioned in the other thread<s>) so I prefer not to. Maybe we can interchange these teams and call it a good afternoon. No doubt that right now the top two teams are CAK and FRA. Until someone knocks off the champs, they are still #1. Should be a good post season. You really must have been bored. I'm calling your boss today and asking him to promote you in the ranks for your hard work.. <_<

Well i just want to say that no LA or LC player or supporter of these teams will ruin this post. We have all agreed to drop the never ending arguing between us.

I do agree with the top five spots on your post. No offense to BigGExpress but i think FRA should be number one, they seem to be having a great season. But besides that, i think that the top five are in perfect order, untill someone proves something else on the field.

I agree SocBlue, no more fighting. Anyone know who FRA would play in the region finals and substate?

825675863[/snapback]

FRA will play the loser of the Region 5 tournament final.

Region 5 finals

Station Camp will play the winner of the springfield-livingston game.

This is assuming FRA will win their region that is.....who do they play in their region finals?