Division II State Tournament

RJL294

just to let you know, how games went at the beginning of the season has nothing to do with anything now.  All teams are equals, in my opinion, at this point.  Each team having the same chance of being state champs.  Who beat who at the beginning of the season doesn't matter anymore so stating something like "just to let yall know mccallie already beat Father Ryan 4-2 in the Southern States Challange in huntsville alabama" is completely useless. 

Good luck to everyone

825678820[/snapback]

Jomito makes a great point. Many upsets happen, especially in high school, in the state tournament. That's what makes it so great. Take USN and MUS last year, both #3 seeds in the state final. High schools state is so great because its not really like club where every player is skilled and knows the tactics of the game. It comes down to determination, heart, etc.(with a little bit of skill however). I enjoy every year just to see what teams actually make it all the way.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gameball, "unbiased" opinion??

In fact, I'll go out on a limb and predict the following:

BGA over Knox Catholic in the opening round.

MUS over McCallie in the opening round.

Sorry, gameball, but this is the way I see it from a BIASED opinion. *lol*

Good luck to whoever your team is (I assume Knox Catholic?), btw.

825678549[/snapback]

Come on TackerDad, don't sound so reluctant. You didn't have to be pushed too hard to go out on that limb. You have good reason to be biased. I definitely hope its a very thin limb but, for the sake of a good poster, I hope it's not too high up the tree. A short fall will do---particularly concerning the first match you mentioned.

By the way, gameball isn't a Catholic fan, per se. He is a rather articulate and very informed high school soccer fan, in general, who spoke kindly of the Irish early in the season when few thought they'd have a chance to win the division.