BBS vs. Gordonsvill

blueandgoldfan

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BBS is, again, strong.  I don't know anything about Gordonsville.  What are your predictions?

825677480[/snapback]

From what I hear it should not be very close. I have heard that Boyd is 5-0 in district and region tournaments with 3 no hitters. I find that hard to believe at tournament time but if true I will have to pick Boyd.

Until Gordonsville starts to play tourneys and play better teams they will never be a force to worry about. Got some good players but no committment to play at the next level.

825677662[/snapback]

I think that is true. I have seen a few teams compete at the state level with a limited schedule. I know Ezell did that several years ago. I think those days are probably gone. There are too many teams with almost all travel team players...and too many that play 40-50 game schedules. It's difficult for teams that play 20 game schedules to compete at that level.

I think that is true.  I have seen a few teams compete at the state level with a limited schedule.  I know Ezell did that several years ago.  I think those days are probably gone.  There are too many teams with almost all travel team players...and too many that play 40-50 game schedules.  It's difficult for teams that play 20 game schedules to compete at that level.

825677723[/snapback]

The fact of the matter is that softball at Gordonsville is treated as a fringe, extracurricular activity. Until the administration is committed to softball and baseball the way they are committed to football and basketball, then things will never change. Any success enjoyed by this team is because of the dedication of the girls themselves is spite of the obstacles they must overcome to succeed. There are at best four girls on the squad who have played any travel ball, all the rest are very inexperienced but improving. Getting the administration to commit to a couple of tournaments is laughable.

I am very proud of these girls for what they have been able to accomplish, especially over the last week or so. Upsets do happen, keep playing hard.

The fact of the matter is that softball at Gordonsville is treated as a fringe, extracurricular activity.  Until the administration is committed to softball and baseball the way they are committed to football and basketball, then things will never change.  Any success enjoyed by this team is because of the dedication of the girls themselves is spite of the obstacles they must overcome to succeed.  There are at best four girls on the squad who have played any travel ball, all the rest are very inexperienced but improving.  Getting the administration to commit to a couple of tournaments is laughable. 

I am very proud of these girls for what they have been able to accomplish, especially over the last week or so.  Upsets do happen, keep playing hard.

825677780[/snapback]

Making the sectionals is a great accomplishment for a team that played no tournaments.

I don't think you can compete with Boyd...but stranger things have happened. Good luck tomorrow.

I don't think the administration has to be involved too much. You can go to local tournaments without staying overnight. You have to have a coach and parents that want that to happen. It doesn't take much money to do that.

Making the sectionals is a great accomplishment for a team that played no tournaments.

I don't think you can compete with Boyd...but stranger things have happened.  Good luck tomorrow. 

I don't think the administration has to be involved too much.  You can go to local tournaments without staying overnight.  You have to have a coach and parents that want that to happen.  It doesn't take much money to do that.

825677835[/snapback]

The parents pay for all the Touraments here, along with fund raiser, the school kicks in 0000000!!!!!!!

The parents pay for all  the Touraments here, along with fund raiser,  the school kicks in 0000000!!!!!!!

825677841[/snapback]

I'm not talking about any financial contribution, but rather just the support to schedule tournaments. The parents are very involved and supportive, but outside of the parents there is little support. Several of the girls on the team also play basketball and once softball is concluded they are expected to fully commit to basketball all summer. Leaves little time for such frivolities as softball.

The reason I didn't think it was a possibility was because I didn't think you could play only two innings.

Whatever happens I know the GHS girls will play their hardest to the end and they won't lie down without putting up a fight and leaving everything they have between the lines. (Is that too many cliches?)