Overton vs. Knox Halls

MidTNbaseball

I've seen them both play other than today also. Halls has racked up wins against East Tenn and Chattanooga teams, who aren't here. The only team they have played that is here from the East is Farragut and they are 0-1 against them, should be 0-2. They've also played Collierville and I heard they looked awful in an early season 8-1 loss. Overton is the best hitting team in the state and will shell the Halls lefty going tomorrow.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No way its as big of a blowout as you say. The Halls' lefthanded kid is a decent but overblown prospect. He has decent stuff but Overton is a very strong hitting team and the Halls lineup won't be able to keep up. I'd go with Overton 9-3. Collierville isn't a given to advance after they throw their ace either.

You know I just do not understand. I have sat back for the last couple weeks and not replied to one bad comment about halls. Everytime berfore someone plays Halls they bash them and say how this is goin to be a blowout and how Halls can not match up with the other team. But most of the time somehow Halls ends up and wins in the end. Im not saying that we are unbeatable because we have seen they are not. But when are we goin to to get the respect of other teams? I just want to know how long its goin to be before we get a little bit of respect. good luck to both teams tomorrow and may the best team win. And the left hande has is a little more than descent stuff.

Thats funny! I don't see how he can say that when they are playing a school who has only lost 2 all year! Everyone seems to be overlooking them. However, everyone is not giving Overton a chance either. I fell they play in one of the tougher districts in the state also. They play a lot of tough teams all year!

Halls has won against sub par teams all year. East Tenn baseball with the exception of Farragut is not as good as the Middle and West Tenn teams. Halls does not have the stuff to hang, especially the lefty that is "all-world". These Tenn bats are a little more alive than they have seen. Back-to-back losses for Halls today, after Overton waxes them they are gonna get waxed by Collierville their ace.

Don't worry boys, Halls will show up and so will Overton. This should be a good game. Halls has a quality team. You don't win 33 games in a season and play good teams all over the state and win by a fluke. Win or lose, Halls will be in the championship game. They have the pitching, hitting and defense to last this tournament out to the end. Good luck to both teams. I myself though prefer Halls and Farragut for the main event. This time though, Halls will pitch the big boys. Go Halls!!!!!

If that stump of a lefty Halls calls a pitcher has D-1 tallent then Delmonico is as big of a moron as advertised.

We will just see after today, if Halls is good enough to get by Overton (won't happen) they won't be able to get out of their bracket. Collierville will be foaming at the mouth to get back to Halls one way or another.