17u State

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be an interesting and exciting weekend of basketball at the SEAAU 17-U State Basketball Tournament in Memphis. The tournament includes several stellar programs and others who are in growing into state championship contenders.

At first glance, you would have to mention the Midstate Ballerz Elite, Midstate Ballerz Select, YOMCA Team Memphis-Blue, and the TN Thunder (16's). But if you look at the field closely and evaluate the personnel on each team, the only team in my opinion that has a "clear-cut" advantage are the Midstate Ballerz Elite, and they are a very beatable basketball team. I am looking foward to some great competition and watching some of the elite players in the state of Tennessee.

post what u think.

825684899[/snapback]

Question: when was the last time a team not from Memphis won the 17:u State??? In the years I've been coaching, Memphis has won State every year...

Question II: when was the last time a team not from Memphis won the 16:u State??? I have read where Tennessee Thunder 16:u broke the stranglehold for this age group last weekend...

Question: when was the last time a team not from Memphis won the 17:u State??? In the years I've been coaching, Memphis has won State every year...

Question II: when was the last time a team not from Memphis won the 16:u State??? I have read where Tennessee Thunder 16:u broke the stranglehold for this age group last weekend...

825686220[/snapback]

The highest place a Memphis team got in the 16u state last year was third.

The only top team that didn't participate in the 16:u state was YOMCA. BTW, didn't the Thunder beat the Ballerz 16:u in the 17:u sub-state by 13 or 14 points. Also, the record books will reflect the Thunder victory know matter how you try to spin it. This is a no spin zone, Mr. O'Reilley.

Edited by GoldBolt

The Top 4 16:u Teams in the State are Ballerz, YOMCA, Travelers, and Team Angels, none of which played in 16:u State. Ballerz were at TOC, Angels took a few of their top 16's with their 17's at TOC. YOMCA and Travelers were at Nike Memorial day...

Ballerz 16's would easily beat Thunder 16's on a neutral court. July 2nd is the day for the game, if Thunder doesn't find an excuse not to show...