Cost of new lax program

The Hamm

I am trying to get a rough estimate of the expenses of starting a school team. I know that there will also be some ongoing/replacement cost along with travel expense, but I am just trying to figure out the start-up costs.

Equipment: 40 players @ $___ per player

Goals/Balls/etc: $____

Uniforms: 40 @ $____ per

What else?

I am trying to get a rough estimate of the expenses of starting a school team.  I know that there will also be some ongoing/replacement cost along with travel expense, but I am just trying to figure out the start-up costs.

Equipment:  40 players @ $___ per player

Goals/Balls/etc:  $____

Uniforms:      40 @ $____ per

What else?

825684930[/snapback]

If you bank on 40 guys, give or take 1 or 2 guys, with all of the necessary equipment, supplies, game fees for officials, etc, you need to raise around 10,000-15,000 dollars minimum to really get it off the ground and provide all that you need. It may seem like a lot but with what you are paying for it goes fast. For example the basic cascade helmet runs around $100, with 40 guys thats $4,000.

Some sponsers like Warrior and Brine are very apt to cutting great deals for new teams b/c it makes their company look good and its free merchandising. You need to go to the the coach's conference in Philadelphia this fall. All of the reps will be there and you can talk to the right people to make some deals.

The US Lacrosse Foundation provides pretty good financial assistance each year to start new programs or help those in need. Go to uslacrosse.org to get information and forms.

ayers

I am trying to get a rough estimate of the expenses of starting a school team.  I know that there will also be some ongoing/replacement cost along with travel expense, but I am just trying to figure out the start-up costs.

Equipment:  40 players @ $___ per player

Goals/Balls/etc:  $____

Uniforms:      40 @ $____ per

What else?

825684930[/snapback]

Depending on where you are located, travel expenses can be rather high. Ref fees can also add up during the season. If you are serious you should contact US Lacrosse. They have programs for recycling used equipment and may have some type of start up grants available.

Lacrosse stores have overstock of last year's equipment and do a great job of putting together affordable packages and outfitting teams. Be creative and you'll find you people are very supportive of start-up programs. There is no reason for you to pay MSRP for equipment, goals, etc. if you're starting a program. Where are you located and is there an e-mail address to contact you about this process. I may have some quality feedback.