Elizabethton Coaches

CountryBoy4Life

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Say it ain't so, but it's much more than rumor; and indeed, the entire sports department is in the midst of a probable - - - complete overhaul.

But, does this have as much to do with winning - losing, or is there much more to the story? Safe money is on the latter.

SPECULATION ABOUNDS; SO, PLEASE TREAD LIGHTLY ON THIS THREAD. And indeed, PRAYERS ARE NEEDED. VERY DELICATE SUBJECT.

Kim Richardson

Say it ain't so, but it's much more than rumor; and indeed, the entire sports department is in the midst of a probable - - - complete overhaul.

But, does this have as much to do with winning - losing, or is there much more to the story?  Safe money is on the latter. 

SPECULATION ABOUNDS; SO,  PLEASE TREAD LIGHTLY ON THIS THREAD.  And indeed, PRAYERS ARE NEEDED.  VERY DELICATE SUBJECT.

Kim Richardson

825685529[/snapback]

Krich, did you change your email? Mine to you bounced last week.

I assume you heard the news out of Cosby?

Krich, did you change your email? Mine to you bounced last week.

I assume you heard the news out of Cosby?

825685532[/snapback]

Was in the midst of making an overhaul of my own. To tell the truth, I'm getting mail @ addresses I'd almost forgotten I had. I'll check with the Boss and see what's going on.

And YES, I heard about the Cosby situation; but on the advice of a Very Good friend, I haven't spoken of it. Is it cool to proceed now?

And GLEE, you probably know at least as much as I do; and though I heard of reports on the Radio, still no "official" word from the School.

I heard some interesting things yesterday. What was in the paper wasn't entirely true. One coach was involved in the inappropriate sites while the other wasn't. I'm not going to mention which was which. But the other coach still is confused why he is done. And I also heard they weren't done yet. It looks to me like that school is trying to override the sports program that has become so powerful.

Was in the midst of making an overhaul of my own.  To tell the truth, I'm getting mail @ addresses I'd almost forgotten I had.  I'll check with the Boss and see what's going on.

And YES, I heard about the Cosby situation; but on the advice of a Very Good friend, I haven't spoken of it.  Is it cool to proceed now?

And GLEE, you probably know at least as much as I do; and though I heard of reports on the Radio, still no "official" word from the School.

825685717[/snapback]

Yes. It is ok to proceed with that.

Just a reminder for you Kim.

825686023[/snapback]

What I was told, was that there were as many as FOUR coaches being let go. I said nothing about "school equipment:" and correct me if I'm wrong, but I think someone else mentioned that on this thread. Wasn't you, was it?

I have little to say about any of it; but the "implications" are indeed serious. I stated on the Opinion Page that I was told that yes, Coach McKinney and Coach Hardin have been let go. As to the "equipment," and "behavior," I have been told nothing by the Athletic Department. And, quite frankly, I haven't asked.

Furthermore, I am yet to read my first print article on the subject. I have accused no one of anything. I have no reason to do so, and hope nothing inappropriate has taken place. I have no axe to grind; I'm on no Witch Hunt, and truth is, I don't think I want all the details.

I love Johnson County, Unicoi County and of course, the five Carter County Schoolsl, to include the City High School. And that is the idea behind Sports Edit.

But based on what I've been told, I do consider the situation a Powder Keg. I do consider it calamatous. But when heads begin to roll in bunches, there's ample reason for concern. I hope I'm terribly wrong.