CHATTANOOGA AREA TOP 10 PITCHERS THIS YEAR

RoarSB1169

Have you been keeping up?  I think it was concluded that college coaches look at summer ball more than school ball.  It has nothing to do with what high school you went to, it's all about tallent and what the coach sees in you.

825693949[/snapback]

Yeah I've kept up........If you play on the Chattanooga Eagles team.....You have a good chance at playing somewhere big, because to play on those teams you have to be good in high school ball......Therefore most of the players on this team is from the teams I mentioned earlier and If I'm not mistaken there are a few girls from GPS on the team......

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I do know who your daughter is and she was a great athlete. I had the pleasure of watching the Nashville Eagles play and they were one heck of a team. There was a very tall girl with brown hair and she kept it piled on top of her head all the time she pitched for the Eagles and I have always wanted to know her name. She was really good do you know who I am talking about?

825693946[/snapback]

The year they won it all in 1997, their two pitchers were not very tall...Brook Siebel and kim Dunlap....the next year they had mostly Rocky Castillo, and she wasnt tall either, and then her last year, they had a tall girl...Crystal Bobo..which would of been in 1999...could it have been her?...I wouldnt know anyone on the Eagles before 1997.

The year they won it all in 1997, their two pitchers were not very tall...Brook Siebel and kim Dunlap....the next year they had mostly Rocky Castillo, and she wasnt tall either, and then her last year, they had a tall girl...Crystal Bobo..which would of been in 1999...could it have been her?...I wouldnt know anyone on the Eagles before 1997.

825693952[/snapback]

It could have been before 1997. I really don't remember the year and she may have looked taller by keeping her hair all piled up. I just remember one weekend at Warner Park in Chattanooga watching her and she was impressive. I am going to keep on and give up my age and I don't want to do that. I remember watching Rocky pitch high school ball. Didn't she go to Georgia also?

Yeah I've kept up........If you play on the Chattanooga Eagles team.....You have a good chance at playing somewhere big, because to play on those teams you have to be good in high school ball......Therefore most of the players on this team is from the teams I mentioned earlier and If I'm not mistaken there are a few girls from GPS on the team......

825693951[/snapback]

Honestly I do not expect anyone from chattanooga to get an offer from UCLA or Michigan anywhere in the near future. SEC schools maybe but they better be prepared to red shirt or do some sitting. That is why you must weigh a lot of factors before you choose. If you are fortunate enough to get an offer make sure it is what you really want to do and where you want to be. Superstars in high school have to start all over there freshman year in college. It is a whole new ballgame!!!!

It could have been before 1997. I really don't remember the year and she may have looked taller by keeping her hair all piled up. I just remember one weekend at Warner Park in Chattanooga watching her and she was impressive. I am going to keep on and give up my age and I don't want to do that. I remember watching Rocky pitch high school ball. Didn't she go to Georgia also?

825693977[/snapback]

The coach for the Eagles daughter was tall, her last name was Lockridge...she pitched in the early 90's, I guess it could of been her....Rocky went to Georgia also, but when the new coach came in after their Freshman year, she told all the freshmen(5 of them) except my daughter that their scholarships would not be renewed, so they left school. Three of the girls were from the Chattanooga area. Unfortunately my last daughter to play softball finished up her last year at Brentwood this year and is not playing anymore, so I dont get to follow it as much as I would like now. My first summer in over 16 years without having travel ball.

Have you been keeping up?  I think it was concluded that college coaches look at summer ball more than school ball.  It has nothing to do with what high school you went to, it's all about tallent and what the coach sees in you.

825693949[/snapback]

Hey Picker you hit the nail on the head. The college coach does not go by the team he goes by the individual and a girl who performs well in difficult situations may get a higher rating than one who had a perfect defense behind her all the time. They like to see how a pitcher handles all sorts of situations. Can she keep it together when things aren't going well? They do not look at a teams win and loss they look at individual performances. I think you really don't know about the recruiting process until you have been through it. They will also promise you the moon and hang you out to dry! If you can't handle Clifford Kirk at Soddy you better be careful what type of college coach you choose because you are bought and paid for!!!

Honestly I do not expect anyone from chattanooga to get an offer from UCLA or Michigan anywhere in the near future. SEC schools maybe but they better be prepared to red shirt or do some sitting. That is why you must weigh a lot of factors before you choose. If you are fortunate enough to get an offer make sure it is what you really want to do and where you want to be. Superstars in high school have to start all over there freshman year in college. It is a whole new ballgame!!!!

825693982[/snapback]

Although it is very flattering to get an offer to play at a big school like the SEC, most girls would be better off going to a smaller school unless they are guaranteed to be a starter. With scholarship limitations the way they are, there is not much redshirting done unless there is an injury. Those that dont play much run the risk of not having their scholarships re-newed. Just look at Tennessee...they have 17 girls on their team now, with no seniors....they have signed 5 girls for next years class, which will bring the total to 22 girls. With the limit of girls who can travel with the team being 18, guess what will probably happen to 4 of those girls?

Hey Picker you hit the nail on the head. The college coach does not go by the team he goes by the individual and a girl who performs well in difficult situations may get a higher rating than one who had a perfect defense behind her all the time. They like to see how a pitcher handles all sorts of situations. Can she keep it together when things aren't going well? They do not look at a teams win and loss they look at individual performances. I think you really don't know about the recruiting process until you have been through it. They will also promise you the moon and hang you out to dry! If you can't handle Clifford Kirk at Soddy you better be careful what type of college coach you choose because you are bought and paid for!!!

825694002[/snapback]

Katfo, exactly.....colleges coaches look for certain qualities in a player....not so much their statistics, but their individual talents, desire, and grades....Clifford Kirk is Mary Poppins compared to most big time coaches. It becomes a business at the college level, so you have to perform the way they want you to, or you will be out the door in a hurry, or they will be out the door.

The coach for the Eagles daughter was tall, her last name was Lockridge...she pitched in the early 90's, I guess it could of been her....Rocky went to Georgia also, but when the new coach came in after their Freshman year, she told all the freshmen(5 of them) except my daughter that their scholarships would not be renewed, so they left school. Three of the girls were from the Chattanooga area. Unfortunately my last daughter to play softball finished up her last year at Brentwood this year and is not playing anymore, so I dont get to follow it as much as I would like now. My first summer in over 16 years without having travel ball.

825693987[/snapback]

Bless your heart you may have withdrawal symptoms this summer. College is a whole new ballgame and I don't think unless you have been through the recruiting process you really don't understand it. My daughter chose not to play but did not have "big time" offers. She did have some D1 offers but fell in love and didn't play. I have continued to follow Ooltewah softball and helped coach in middle school maybe you can find some other way to be involved. You really will miss it. I have followed softball since the early 70's. a lot of the local high schools here in chattanooga did not have fast pitch until the late 70's so it was all travel ball back then. That is how I know a lot of the local high school coaches they also coached summer teams back then.

Katfo, exactly.....colleges coaches look for certain qualities in a player....not so much their statistics, but their individual talents, desire, and grades....Clifford Kirk is Mary Poppins compared to most big time coaches. It becomes a business at the college level, so you have to perform the way they want you to, or you will be out the door in a hurry, or they will be out the door.

825694006[/snapback]

Exactly and I don't think a lot of these players, parents, and there supporters understand that. You better love the game and you better eat, breathe, and sleep softball. Mama and Daddy have no say so in college it is a growing up quick reality check. High school superstar today and a college freshman unknown tomorrow!

Bless your heart you may have withdrawal symptoms this summer. College is a whole new ballgame and I don't think unless you have been through the recruiting process you really don't understand it. My daughter chose not to play but did not have "big time" offers. She did have some D1 offers but fell in love and didn't play. I have continued to follow Ooltewah softball and helped coach in middle school maybe you can find some other way to be involved. You really will miss it. I have followed softball since the early 70's. a lot of the local high schools here in chattanooga did not have fast pitch until the late 70's so it was all travel ball back then. That is how I know a lot of the local high school coaches they also coached summer teams back then.

825694010[/snapback]

The recruiting process was fun at the very beginning, but toward the end it was very frustrating to listen to the coaches say one thing and do another. There is alot of dishonesty going on that wasnt much fun to be a part of.

I'm gonna try to catch up on alot of golf that I missed out on over the years this summer. After that, I may try to help out some in coaching somewhere, or maybe even do some umpiring since they are so pathetic around here...I think even i could do better than them.

My other daughter also elected to not pursue softball in college, although she is good enough to play at some smaller level. She got more money for academics than she would of gotten for softball, so its better this way. I'll just miss watching college softball especially...It was another higher level of play in the SEC which was fun to watch.

Although it is very flattering to get an offer to play at a big school like the SEC, most girls would be better off going to a smaller school unless they are guaranteed to be a starter. With scholarship limitations the way they are, there is not much redshirting done  unless there is an injury. Those that dont play much run the risk of not having their scholarships re-newed. Just look at Tennessee...they have 17 girls on their team now, with no seniors....they have signed 5 girls for next years class, which will bring the total to 22 girls. With the limit of girls who can travel with the team being 18, guess what will probably happen to 4 of those girls?

825694003[/snapback]

I know that and you know that and I believe some others better learn it quick if they want to play. I don't think any college coach on any level is going to make a guarantee of playing time. It just does not happen at the college level. Guess What ? Those 4 are going to get a wake up call. Superstars in high school do not make superstars in the SEC!