Fulton picks up Gatewood's younger brothers

znagglepuz

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KWalker, their are a couple of Big brothers from Florida that play line. I know they were looking for a place to play ball, as they have visited Central, and were planning to talk to Maryville and Fulton. The word I've heard is they have decided to play for Coach Black.

Do you have any info?  Thanks

825696780[/snapback]

KWalker will be back on Tuesday so hold your horses. My question is, how come this family gets to pick what school they attend? Shouldn't it be based on where they live at?

KWalker will be back on Tuesday so hold your horses.  My question is, how come this family gets to pick what school they attend?  Shouldn't it be based on where they live at?

825697065[/snapback]

My understanding is, the family is moving to the area, the school they choose will determine where they live. It is my understanding these kids are very good players.

In all honesty, I follow the Cats, but you couldnt blame them for choosing Fulton, Coach Black has been around for a LONG time and Fulton is the defending state AAA Champions.

Edited by PigSkinRules

My understanding is, the family is moving to the area, the school they choose will determine where they live. It is my understanding these kids are very good players.

In all honesty, I follow the Cats, but you couldnt blame them for choosing Fulton, Coach Black has been around for a LONG time and Fulton is the defending state AAA Champions.

825697118[/snapback]

That's true Coach Black is an awesome person and coach. Remember an Education comes before FOOTBALL. Did this family look at that or did they just look at the football accomplishments?

That's true Coach Black is an awesome person and coach. Remember an Education comes before FOOTBALL.  Did this family look at that or did they just look at the football accomplishments?

825697128[/snapback]

And a Fulton education is a great education.Wonderful teachers and administration. I wouldn't blame them for choosing the Fulton community.

And a Fulton education is a great education.Wonderful teachers and administration. I wouldn't blame them for choosing the Fulton community.

825698208[/snapback]

I didn't say it wasn't a good place to get an education. However, from reading Pigskin post it looks as thought this group of brothers is just looking to play football instead of getting their education. That's why I posted that.

825698208[/snapback]

Now c'mon pigeon, I wouldn't go as far to say a great education.

Have you seen some of those academic scores from Fulton?

Isn't it what they call a project grad school?

Sorry for the delay in the post, pigskin - I've been on vacation. The brothers are actually from California & yes, they are attending Fulton. I knew the family had visited several schools before they moved here. I think they may be interested in basketball, also & the fact that Fulton is close to their sister at UT & we can't forget the recent success of the football program. They actually attended Fulton last year at the end of the year. I haven't seen them, yet, but the coaches are impressed with them & I've heard they are very excited.

And to answer your question, snaggle - Fulton is a project grad school because it's an "inner-city" school.

Edited by kwalker4

Sorry for the delay in the post, pigskin - I've been on vacation. The brothers are actually from California & yes, they are attending Fulton. I knew the family had visited several schools before they moved here. I think they may be interested in basketball, also & the fact that Fulton is close to their sister at UT & we can't forget the recent success of the football program. They actually attended Fulton last year at the end of the year. I haven't seen them, yet, but the coaches are impressed with them & I've heard they are very excited.

And to answer your question, snaggle - Fulton is a project grad school because it's an "inner-city" school.

825699546[/snapback]

I'm not trying to take anything away from Fulton graduates, but for

pigeon to say they offer a great education that seems a little extreme.

This past years 22 National Merit Winners were from Farragut, Bearden, West, Karns, Halls, and Central.