15U Boys Basketball National Championships

Who are the teams to beat in this tourney and who are the teams not to miss seeing? Sooo many games at 8 or so school gyms, so we are looking for advice on who to catch. I believe there are three teams from Nashville, two from Memphis, the Tennessee Travelers, and the host local team. Any advice from you middle TN AAU'ers. Thanks! :P

www.kcvb.org

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are the teams to beat in this tourney and who are the teams not to miss seeing?  Sooo many games at 8 or so school gyms, so we are looking for advice on who to catch.  I believe there are three teams from Nashville, two from Memphis, the Tennessee Travelers, and the host local team.  Any advice from you middle TN AAU'ers.  Thanks! :lol:

www.kcvb.org

825696627[/snapback]

ALOT OF TALENT AT THE NATIONALS THIS YEAR FROM TN.. THEIRS ALOT OF KIDS YOU WILL NEED TO SEE AT THE 15U AGE GROUP....THE Y. THEIR TOP 12 PLAYERS CAN REALLY PLAY...TRAVELERS, THEY HAVE 3 TO 4 BOYS WHO CAN REALLY PLAY...SE ELITE..THEIR TOP 3OR 4...WARRIORS HAVE 1 OR 2 GOOD GUYS WHO CAN PLAY..STALLIONS, THEIR TOP 5 CAN REALLY PLAY...AND THE SE ELITE 2ND TEAM....I REALLY DONT KNOW THE NAMES OF THE BOYS ON THE TEAMS OUT OF MEMPHIS AND KNOX. BUT I CAN GIVE YOU THE BOYS FROM OUR TEAM...STALLIONS

ELLISON PG.

WATSON SG, SF

WILLIS, C

MASON, SG, PF

SHELTON, PF

MAYBEE THE OTHER TEAMS WILL LIST THEIR GUYS TO HELP YOU...ITS GOING TO BE A GOOD NATIONALS... ALOT OF NEW TEAMS IN FOR THE 15U.. thumb

Who are the teams to beat in this tourney and who are the teams not to miss seeing?  Sooo many games at 8 or so school gyms, so we are looking for advice on who to catch.  I believe there are three teams from Nashville, two from Memphis, the Tennessee Travelers, and the host local team.  Any advice from you middle TN AAU'ers.  Thanks! :)

www.kcvb.org

825696627[/snapback]

FYI--SE Elite 15U has a new name and has joined up with the powerhouse Adidas Atlanta Celtics organization. The first team is called the Nashville Celtics (Gold) and the second team is the Nashville Celtics (Green).

The Gold team is playing extremely well and has really gelled since state. They beat the D-1 Greyhounds about three weeks ago 46-28 (the Greyhounds coach pulled his team from the court and left the gym with 2:30 left in the 3rd Quarter). The Greyhounds won the Kingwood Classic and the Bob Gibbons TOC this year so that was a great win. Celtics (Gold) has as much talent as anyone they will play, but chemistry was a problem early in the year since most guys hadnt played together before. However, they appear to have turned the corner and look to make a run.

Key performers to watch on Nashville Celtics (Gold):

Mario Williams--PG, SG ranked #3 in Tn Class 2008

Josh Henley--SF/PF ranked #6 in Tn Class 2008

Raphael Gaskins SF/PF (really moving up the Chart currently #26 in State but will be much higher by season's end, he ate up the Greyhounds from inside and out)

Rashawn Walker SF/PF (new to TN and a recent pick up, this kid is the real deal and can really fly; had 25 pts in his first game with the team vs. Reebok Ga Hurricanes)

Tanrance Landrum PG/SG (from AL) ranked in the top 40 nationally by Hoopscoop for class of 2008

Others (Brennan Torstick C (solid in the post), Erik Wisdom SG/SF (Great showing in Atlanta), Dee Miller SF (flies around court), Tyler Cutter (starting PG, has really improved his stock with his play against Greyhounds), Judah Akers (8th Grade, great shooter), AJ Greene (big strong C)

Nashville Celtics (Green)----Oneal Braden PG, Quan Dudley PG, SG, Josh Brown SG/SF , Rob Murphy PF/C, Daniel Kelley SF, Christian Greer PF, Matt Clevenger SG (top 10 ranked 8th grader in KY)

Games to watch: I would go check out the pool with the Travelers, Crusaders, and D-1 Greyhounds. Probably the toughest draw in the tourney. The Nashville Celtics (Gold) have at least one tough team in their pool, the Renegades from NJ who beat the defending National Champs (RAIDERS) in their state tourney.

Obviously the Y is solid from top to bottom and should have a good run though they will have to go through P Miller Ballers in the quarters I believe.

Of Note, the Nashville Celtics may be called the SE Celtics (gold) or something like that in this event b/c of the name change but that is yet to be seen.

go to www.aauboysbasketball.org and look the pool schedule for 15U for times

Nashville Celtics (Gold)---Pool G Nashville Celtics Green---Pool F

YOMCA----Pool Q Travelers---Pool V Stallions---Pool P

Memphis Warriors---Pool X

I do wish all the TN teams luck. lets hope everyone represents next week!

Wow! Great info guys. Thanks a bunch! We'll probably print out the Pools and Brackets and highlight the games to see. Thanks again for the advice and info.

I'd love to hear about some of the out of state teams and players to watch, if anyone else can add to this.

Wow!  Great info guys.  Thanks a bunch!  We'll probably print out the Pools and Brackets and highlight the games to see.  Thanks again for the advice and info.

I'd love to hear about some of the out of state teams and players to watch, if anyone else can add to this.

825697590[/snapback]

Nashville native, 6'10 Auri Allen will be coming back to TN with the California based Percy Miller Ballers.

Nashville native, 6'10 Auri Allen will be coming back to TN with the California based Percy Miller Ballers.

825697628[/snapback]

I had heard he left that team. Saw him last year with them in Vegas. He seemed to have trimmed down. He has a nice soft touch but definitely needs to improve quickness and athleticism. I think as he continues to shed pounds it will come.

Other news, rumor has it that the YOMCA has only 6 players now due to defections that has really hurt them. Not sure what happened to cause the break up but you can basically rule them out making a run since D. Mason, J. Jones and the two big MS kids left as I understand it. Tim Ware and Dorsey are good players but they cant carry them alone for very long.

Man your info is almost as good as mine. My twin sister lives down the street from a man whose cousin knows the Y's coachs dog, the dog told this man that the team is so depleted that they aren't even going to Kingsport, instead they are playing in a Lacrosse tournament in Arkansas. What a shame.

Could someone put out a bracket when available....thanks thumb

825698467[/snapback]

yuck, www.kcvb.org has the info you are looking for. It's set up so you can search by team or state or look at the overall pools and brackets. Posting them would be hard and the site does a great job. Hope that helps!

Sounds like there's some real talent arriving in Kingsport. How about that, the Tri-Cities - the place to be for basketball in Tennessee. Last time I heard that, George Pitts was at Science Hill.

Those kids are from Columbia.

Big Y, any truth to those rumors about kids leaving the squad? Just the word coming from some posters in Memphis. Its not inconceivable in this age of AAU for kids to up and leave.

Any truth to the 14U Memphis War Eagles beating up on the 15U Angels and 15U YOMCA last weekend or the weekend before in MAYBA?

• 2 weeks later...