wheres the worst-best place to play in region 2-a

ghsfootball51

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oneida-Great field, great fan atmosphere.

Coalfield- Excellent field, fans are crazy and loud.

Sunbright- ok field but the fans make some noise.

Midway- Ok field they also have great fans

Never played at Greenbsck but i heard it was a madhouse.

Probly the hardest place to play at crowdwise would either be Coalfield or Oneida, I think it was year before last but after every touchdown at Coalfield they played rocky top. Then the fans and cheerleaders went nuts.

I think Oneida has the best field. Fan support is good at Oneida, but OHS cannot beat Greenback in that category. Midway ranks up there, too, especially after you throw in their PA announcer. I think he makes a difference.

I'd say Oneida has the best facility. My favorite place in 2-A to travel to is Midway. The fans down there are a lot of fun.

Midway does have an entertaining PA announcer, but when CAK played there last year the lights on the visitor side of the field either lost power or were turned off. This did not leave CAK players or fans happy.

Greenback has a good atmosphere and great fans. It is pretty intimidating to play there.

Oneida has good atmosphere, but when we played there last year the weather was bad and the field was basically composed entirely of mud, which had awful footing, but made for a fun, messy game.

Coalfield has a good field and great fans. We had a good experience playing there.

Oakdale's field was not great, but the only time I've played there was at their Homecoming and they had a spirited group of fans.

Sunbright has a decent field and a good fan base. I also liked their locker rooms.

Overall, I think Midway is the worst place to play in 2A because of the rowdy fans down on the south side. The best place to play in 2A would have to go to Coalfield.

Onieda is the loudest place

Greenback is my favorite place to play besides Cloudland.

I liked the showmanship that is Coalfield's stadium. Balloons, the big Orange Jacket in the middle of the field, and the orange numbers along the hash marks.

Oakdale has a good view of the mountains

I agree that Sunbright has the best locker rooms

Midway's field is in awful shape and their fans are obnoxious.

I  think Oneida has the best field. Fan support is good at Oneida, but OHS cannot beat Greenback in that category. Midway ranks up there, too, especially after you throw in their PA announcer. I think he makes a difference.

I'd say Oneida has the best facility. My favorite place in 2-A to travel to is Midway. The fans down there are a lot of fun.

825699775[/snapback]

The Midway announcer is a big help, especially when he announces the spot of the ball before the ref puts the ball down during his play by play. B)

Thanks for the complements on Coalfield's stadium. Rochelle field, Harlan Walls Stadium has come a long way since 1969 when it had a tin fence and a septic tank at the 50 yard line.

Only problem with any 1a school I have seen is lack of seating for visitors, including Coalfield. Hopefully that will change in Big Orange Country.

What's wrong with Midway? playing at home is an advantage.

825701690[/snapback]

When the P.A. Announcer gives a play by play at Midway, he gives the spot of the ball where he thinks it will be put way before the ball is set by the ref. problem #1

Field and fan area does not drain properly in periods of heavy rains. Problem #2

And then again there is nothing wrong with playing at Midway, especially in the play offs. B)