Karns Football

crystal5puppy

Karns doesnt knock anybody in the teeth and they have droped everybody in their schedule from last year because they are scared.  No wonder no one wants to play for Karns.  I'm suprised they even have a football program.

825712452[/snapback]

Another quality post from someone that is still working towards a GED. Karns did not "droped" anyone from their schedule. In fact, with the addition of Halls and the loss of South Doyle, the schedule is harder than last year. You also might want to check some game film (Sevier Co., Jeff Co., Science Hill) if you need proof of how physical the Offensive Line was last year. Tony Elder ran for over 1500 yards against 8 and 9 man fronts all year. He is talented, but he had lots of help. Try to refrain from a moronic reply.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may be wrong but i know im not but Karns did DROP Powell and Farragut from their schedule this year.  Guess they just cant hang with the big boys!!!!!  Just like in every other sport.

825713017[/snapback]

First off, Powell and Farragut are the "big boys"? Don't you have to win a playoff game or two once in a while to be considered a "big boy"? Second, do some homework before you make ignorant comments. Non-Conference games last year were:

Farragut

Powell

West

This year they are Halls, Austin East, and Morristown East. If Karns was scheduling for easy wins, why would they schedule A/E? I would rather play any of the 3 we played last year instead of playing A/E. Holler back at me when Powell or Farragut actually wins something in football. Otherwise, give it a rest.

Crystal5, Powell has been to the playoffs all of my three years I have been there plus many years before I was in the program they were still going which is alot more than any Karns player can say. We have went to the second round of the playoffs 2 of my 3 years only to get beat by the state champs, Maryville. When was the last time karns made it to the second round of the playoffs?

Crystal5, Powell has been to the playoffs all of my three years I have been there plus many years before I was in the program they were still going which is alot more than any Karns player can say. We have went to the second round of the playoffs 2 of my 3 years only to get beat by the state champs, Maryville. When was the last time karns made it to the second round of the playoffs?

825713053[/snapback]

Prowler,

I simply stated that neither Powell or Farragut could be call an "elite" program. I never bragged about the success of the Karns program, therefore I do not feel the need to defend any of my comments. Nada02 referred to Powell and Farragut as "big boys" of the sport and I disagree. Maryville, Alcoa, Oak Ridge, D/B can call themselves "big boys" because they consistently win playoff games. Powell or Farragut are not consistent threats in their respective regions, as they qualify as 3 and 4 seeds when they do qualify.

Karns made it to their first playoff game in a century it seems like last year. All because of the running back they had. Don't talk about Powell never wining the first game or second game of their playoffs whenever Karns can't hardly even make to see a playoff game. They are done about mid season usually be cause they have already lost enough games so that everyone in their district could lose out and Karns still wouldn't go. I think you will be surprised how far Powell will go this year. You just wait and see and i'm sure Farragut will go far as well. So why don't you just keep you ignorant comments to yourself next time. Ha Ha!!!

thats my boy prowler we gotta stand up for our boys. Listen hunny powell would destroy ur beavers even worse this year then we did last year. And as for ur comment about powell being a three or four seed every year and nothing more. Powell has played central with the winner of that game being the two seed the past three years. Now it is true that powell has come up on the short end of that exchange all three years however third place in region 3 4a would be good for first in any other 4a region in the state. But ull see just how elite powell can be if we come to play every friday night this year.