Maryville 15-16 State Champs

Congratz to a fine group of young men who won the 15-16 yr old Little Leage/Senior division State Championship. Saw a small piece in the paper sunday. They will represent the State of Tennessee in Ga next weekend. This is a group of fine young baseball players and most are not even members of thier local high school teams.

One only wonders about that! Good luck next weekend guys.

Edited by FBEmeritus

Yes congrats to the team. Penley plays for MHS now. Lambert, Campbell and some others have never tried out, and one other will not use his name has been cut 2 years in a row. Do not know if he tried out last week. I left off Canell, he made the school team as a sophomore. point here is why on earth do they not try out for the school teams.

It is a sad situation, but the core reason is lack of coaching from what I have been told. There are also some quality baseball players who also quit the team in Maryville for this and various other reasons. Sad because Blount County could be very good in baseball like in other sports.

The "Try-Out" was three days long but seemed to be used to cut players from the previous year. In the middle of the second day the same kids were told "Your on the team so you don't have to show the next day." This is a reason some might not try out because they feel like the coaches "Faviorates" are in so whats the point! Sad!

I think the record the next few years will reflect what this method brings to baer.