Campbell Co. vs Lenoir City

CougarTrav02

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey there peeblee,

i wouldn't look forward to reading my posts this year if i were you cougar faithful!!!!!! the loss of the d-cord. to oneida was a blow to that program that will set it back 30 years. don't count on the staff thats there now nor the athletes that are still there be counted on a 5 win season. some of there opponents that took them lightly last year are awake this year and will return ccchs to its glory days of 0 - 10 or 1- 9 seasons. not trying to be negative just giving bulletin board material because you can count on my dogs to be better this year. however good luck ccchs because your going to need to rely on the offense to pull you through this year and as smart as anyone is as long as my memory serves me right. you better pray stiner stays healthy because ccchs didn't win a game when he went down last year (thats if my memory serves me correct probably wrong on that one though). so in all reality the defenses just need to slow johnson and stuff stiner cause he's the catalist behind the scenes (jmo)

well not that we have seen whats what...wat does everyone think of the players now?

825720615[/snapback]

Although the score would indicate otherwise, overall the Cougars did not play poorly tonight. The backbreaker came in the second quarter as the Panthers scored 2 TDs within a minute. With the score 0-0, on a 3rd down, Cusick threw a beautiful fade for the 1st TD. On the ensuing KO, the Cougars fumbled, LC recovered and 2 plays later they were up 12-0.

Stiner threw a beautiful 39 yd TD to Josh Howard to tightened things up at 12-6 with little time left in the 1st half. Jessie Johnson almost broke the KO back, bringing it to the 50 before Chris Johnson tackled him on the sideline, forcing him into the fence. A personal foul penalty moved the ball to the Cougar 30 or so and Chris Johnson was ejected. Hightower (I think) took the ball into the endzone as time expired in the half giving the Panthers a 20-6 halftime lead.

In the second half, with Chris Johnson ejected and All Big East DT Jessie Bowman sidelined for the Cougars, the teams could not mount much offense. Jessie Johnson or Hightower sealed the deal with a put return for a TD with minutes left in the contest. In the second half, the Panther D was ferocious putting constant pressure on Stiner.

Definitely not the kind of start the Cougars wanted. Hightower, Cusick and J. Johnson are potent offensive weapons for the Panthers. Cougars need to regroup fast if they hope to rekindle the magic of last year . . . :ph34r:

I can't really agree with not playing badly, I feel we played bad! The offensive line just simply broke down on numerous occasions! Brance played well he had alotta balls dropped and did not have any time to throw! Viking, what's your take on Johnson's hit? Did you think the ejection was right? Also, what do you think we need to work on the most? For me it's either the recieving corps, or the defensive secondary and tackling!

I can't really agree with not playing badly, I feel we played bad! The offensive line just simply broke down on numerous occasions! Brance played well he had alotta balls dropped and did not have any time to throw! Viking, what's your take on Johnson's hit? Did you think the ejection was right? Also, what do you think we need to work on the most? For me it's either the recieving corps, or the defensive secondary and tackling!

825720699[/snapback]

I think both teams looked awkward..... the only thing LC brought was some lucky breaks and some kid named Hightower that had to take his helmet off everytime he touched the ball. I look for Hightower to remove himself from a few big games this year because other teams are hitting him to hard. I may be wrong but I think the kid should run track , it is less physical. as for toal domination....who did they dominate? in the ranks of top notch football where does CC rank? think about it folks...LC at the end of the season 5-5 at best.