Greenbrier vs. PJP2

Yankees Are #1

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking forward to seeing the new lineup of the Bobcats team. Since JP2 is just down the road, I know the Bobcats fans will turn out in force, but the Bobcat fans also will need to realize when you lose virtually a team of Seniors, things have to work themselves out and the new lineup find it's own gel. The last several seasons built momentum to last years state playoff---this season may filter the "true" fans from the fair-weather ones.

But I'm going to go with the CATS too---17-14.

Greenbrier[/url]Cat2,Aug 19 2005 - 08:08 AM]Looking forward to seeing the new lineup of the Bobcats team.  Since JP2 is just down the road, I know the Bobcats fans will turn out in force,  but the Bobcat fans also will need to realize when you lose virtually a team of Seniors, things have to work themselves out and the new lineup find it's own gel.  The last several seasons built momentum to last years state playoff---this season may filter the "true" fans from the fair-weather ones. 

825719874[/snapback]

Well said. Just as in the past few years, the Cats have loaded up the early, non-region schedule with some stiff competition. And just as in past years, it'll make them tougher down the road when the games that count come along. It's going to take a few weeks for the system to blend together and for the younger guys to start to feel comfortable. Just stay focused..............

Edited by NoDoubt

Greenbrier[/url]Cat2' date='Aug 19 2005 - 08:08 AM']Looking forward to seeing the new lineup of the Bobcats team.  Since JP2 is just down the road, I know the Bobcats fans will turn out in force,  but the Bobcat fans also will need to realize when you lose virtually a team of Seniors, things have to work themselves out and the new lineup find it's own gel.  The last several seasons built momentum to last years state playoff---this season may filter the "true" fans from the fair-weather ones. 

825719874[/snapback]

Good post and I agree as well. New year, new players, new team. This team will find it's own identity and will need even more support than last years team. I hope to see a packed house tonight.

I have heard nothing but good things about PJ2. This should be a good football game.

Good luck Bobcats! "Don't Flinch"

Well I thought there would already be posts about the game, but I want to say how proud I am of the Greenbrier Bobcats in their game last night against JP2!

On a HOT, HOT, HOT steamy night, our visitor stands were packed and overflowed to the hillside at the endzone. After the first kickoff with Golden Tate returning the kick for a touchdown, the Cats buckled down, and recovered, answered with a blocked FG, and then a TD (also with a blocked FG) of their own. Late in the game the Bobcats went ahead with another TD and went for two but fumbled for no gain. In the last five minutes of the game, JP2 scored twice. Both FG's for JP2 were low but good.

Dehydration was a BIG factor for both teams, with many bouts of cramps for several players, which I suppose happened at games all over the state last night.

Hats off to both teams for a well-played game. To the Bobcats, the JP2 Knights have a very good team, and you did Greenbrier proud. Keep up the good work!

WOW...what a game! Thanks JP2 for the hospitality, (even from the people that had to park all the way down at Moss Wright Park :lol:

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

Well I thought there would already be posts about the game, but I want to say how proud I am of the Greenbrier Bobcats in their game last night against JP2!

On a HOT, HOT, HOT steamy night, our visitor stands were packed and overflowed to the hillside at the endzone.  After the first kickoff with Golden Tate returning the kick for a touchdown, the Cats buckled down, and recovered, answered with a blocked FG, and then a TD (also with a blocked FG) of their own.  Late in the game the Bobcats went ahead with another TD and went for two but fumbled for no gain.  In the last five minutes of the game, JP2 scored twice.  Both FG's for JP2 were low but good. 

Dehydration was a BIG factor for both teams, with many bouts of cramps for several players, which I suppose happened at games all over the state last night. 

Hats off to our both teams for a well-played game.  To the Bobcats, the JP2 Knights have a very good team, and you did Greenbrier proud.  Keep up the good work!   

WOW...what a game!  Thanks JP2 for the hospitality, (even from the people that had to park all the way down at Moss Wright Park  :lol:

825721000[/snapback]

That game could have went either way. JP2 fans are most surprised at how our QB hit so many people in stride, unfortunately, too many drops last night. But if Bobbie C can throw that well, JP2 is going to have a big year! Get those receivers some stickum!

Greenbrier has a solid power running game, if they had any passing game at all they'd be very tough... Their line did a great job.

Sloppy like a first game in High School, but defintely hard fought... No one should have a "L" in that game, congrats to both teams!