MBA & Coach Rutledge

Rebels93

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a chance to hear Coach Rutledge on Saturday morning on Spartanburg 1400am.  Our Play by Play announcer has a radio show and Coach Rutledge was on there this past Saturday morning.  I don't know the guy, but listening to his interview this man seems to define Class!  I can see why MBA has had so much success over the years. 

Look forward to making the trip up to Nashville on Thursday.

Check out Byrnes Rebel Football @ www.rebelstdclub.com

825716571[/snapback]

Thanks, Rebels93.

The MBA community was holding its breath after the '01 season, when its last coach, Ricky Bowers, left the school after compiling a 81-17 record over the previous eight years, including three state titles and two USA Today rankings in 1999 and 2000. Coach Rutledge has filled his shoes quite admirably, with two state titles and one USA Today ranking in three years, but more importantly, he's been a great influence on the boys. There are some great coaches in the state (Rankin at Riverdale, Quarles at Maryville, Flatt at Brentwood Academy, etc.), but we're happy to have him.

He and his players have a tough task ahead of them this weekend. As concerned as I am about the game, I'm looking forward to seeing another top-notch out-of-state team roll into Nashville.

Edited by rollredroll

Sadly, I won't be able to make the game, and I'm very nervous about what may happen to the Big Red, but as a UGA student, I'd love to hear some opinions of the Byrnes DB and future Bulldawg Prince Miller from anyone who can attend.  I hope MBA has improved since their Riverdale debacle as well.

825716830[/snapback]

Redtwin-

To answer your question on Prince Miller. He is one of the best athletes to ever play at Byrnes. He is very fast, strong and plays the corner very good. I look for him to get playing time at Gerogia as a Freshman. I just hate that USC & Clemson let him get out of state. I would like to hear other peoples opinions of him after Saturday night. Of course I am a little bias!

Looking forward to making the trip up on Thursday.

Thanks, Rebels93. 

The MBA community was holding its breath after the '01 season, when its last coach, Ricky Bowers, left the school after compiling a 81-17 record over the previous eight years, including three state titles and two USA Today rankings in 1999 and 2000.  Coach Rutledge has filled his shoes quite admirably, with two state titles and one USA Today ranking in three years, but more importantly, he's been a great influence on the boys.  There are some great coaches in the state (Rankin at Riverdale, Quarles at Maryville, Flatt at <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=1' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>, etc.), but we're happy to have him.

He and his players have a tough task ahead of them this weekend.  As concerned as I am about the game, I'm looking forward to seeing another top-notch out-of-state team roll into Nashville.

825717224[/snapback]

Rutledge is a very good coach. I think he prepares his team as well as anybody in the state.

Good article. Last night one of the local TV stations interviewed Engle Martin (spell check) and a few of the Byrnes players. Fairly interesting. Leaving out tomorrow for the 5 or so hour drive.

Good luck to both teams and look forward to meeting a few of you at the reception on Friday night and also @ the BBQ on Saturday.