Brentwood vs. Coffee County outlook

beevotx

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with Jake Nunley. He was a top notch High School football player.

I just get tired of the CCHS people talking about how great a team they are and how he was a Football God. Its the same thing every year. They are gonna run the table and then they play an average team and get barrelled. Just been quiet this year.

Wow, I am shocked no one from Coffee County is on here predicting a double digit victory.

Is it because they no longer have the Football God on their team?

Or is it because they finally realized that they have had two below average teams that made the playoffs because they played in an even more below average Region and got demolished in the playoffs, and now understand that they don't have their "Great All-American Running Back" that they may even be even worse.

825719724[/snapback]

I believe ur the one that cant get over nunley. Noone on here said anything bout him and you have to bring him up. Let go of him and find sumone else to pick on..

I think Brentwood will beat Coffee County because they looked solid this preseason. I think the score will be 42 -14 Brentwood, but I could be wrong . good luck to both teams

First of all, I want your home number because I've got some NFL and college games that we might want to, how do you say, work out a "business arrangement?" :ph34r:

Virtually right on the nose, Brentwood winning easily 41-10. Would have been 42, but Bruin holder left the game with a back cramp and his replacement holder bobbled the snap.

Notes:

-Beautiful field, spongy grass which I thought would work in Brentwood's favor in that Coffee County was supposed to have a lot of speed.

-Hot as a sauna, both teams in good condition, although some Bruins had calf cramps.

-McCurdy was spectacular; his improvement over last season is dramatic, I think in large part to the addition to the coaching staff of Bill Whittemore as QB coach. He hit second and third receivers all night, and had it been not for some drops and a deflected interception-would have been perfect or close to it. When he ran, he clearly was a man among boys. He shook off every tackle and scored standing up.

What was very encouraging was that when the Raiders blitzed (which was the book on him last season), he calmly dumped the pass off for a big gain. Last year things were quite different. Only sack of the game came when the center fired the ball over his head. Alex Holling is the real deal at tailback.

-Bruin D was up to the task of the Wing-T. They got most of their yards on traps up the middle, but got virtually nothing on the corners. A typical Crawford bunch of headhunters.

-Bruin reserves played almost the entire second half against Raider first teamers. With the game in hand, Crawford stuck to the ground with a pair of sophomore running backs in an effort to shorten the game. No need to run the score up. Particularly gratifying that the JV defense held their starters from scoring twice in the red zone.

-Questionable play calling from the Manchester side, as well as turnovers, gave Bruins the ball in great field position most of the night. The question of what the Raiders will do post-Jake Nunley is still open for debate.

-Nice hospitality as Ron Crawford returns to this field for the first time since '94, when as a head coach for Coffee he faced Brentwood.