WEEK 1 White House at Page

timbdp

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone know how dl looks this year

825729035[/snapback]

It wasn't easy to judge DL tonight in a steady rain for most of the game. They are fast, lots of penalties they need to work on (two offsides back to back tonight within the first five minutes I believe) but just as any team they use their big playmakers ALOT. I heard "ELROD" over and over again tonight. (or maybe that was just an echo from last year.) :(

They beat Station Camp 12-0 according to the scoreboard.  Two weeks and two shutouts against Station Camp and Sycamore (who beat Marshall Co. tonight).

825729040[/snapback]

Creekwood won 12-8. SC leading 8-6, CW scored TD with about 1 min. 20 seconds left in game. Game wasn't over until almost midnight, due to lightening delays.

Guest catfish-hunter
Creekwood won 12-8.  SC leading 8-6, CW scored TD with about 1 min. 20 seconds left in game.  Game wasn't over until almost midnight, due to lightening delays.

825729056[/snapback]

Thanks for clearing that up!!!

Paper says it was cramps.

How about Macmurray with 33 carries and 225 yds and 4 td's. Looks like the "hoggies" took care of business!!!!!!!

That Page "D" really stepped up

Looks like Jeff Lockridge of the Tennessean still doesn't know much about 3a football from one year to the next.

AND.....here's to the Big Ones who picked WH 75% to win!!

The outcome shouldn't be a surprise. Page has a veteran offense that returns many 3 yr starters, While WH has Ladd back, his supporting cast is inexperienced and they have several out with injuries. Like I said earlier, we played WH at the right time of the season....I would not want to play them by week 8 because they have such a history of improving and getting better as the season moves on. Good luck to WH on their season and hopefully their players who went out were just cramping.

Catfish....what did I tell you about the passing....remember when you said we wouldn't throw the ball 20-25 times all season.....well we are are 21 after 2 games.

No...not yet, but I don't really know......he is definitely a candidate for Mr. Football 3a. I know that Palmer doesn't go much for individual stuff on his team and that kind of stuff won't be promoted.....but he deserves to be considered and I put him in the same class as Herndon from last year, although Herndon was a player both ways and on all special teams. He is blessed with a very good o-line but he has great natural vision and sees the field. This year I see that he is much stronger and is more punishing.

Ihave to hand to to caoch Palmer for his radio interview with 104.5 friday. He basically said that Josh should play at the next level and for a college team to pass him up because he is white is rediculous. I really believe that is what happened to Herndon last year and I hope it doesn't happen to Mac. I know for a fact college coaches have told Palmer that Josh will not go D-I as a RB because he is white.