• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13AA....

Dyersburg -AAA state runnerup last year

Westview - state tourney 2 of past 3 years

Obion Central - state tourney last year

Gibson Co - Kaitlin Dudly and David Russell, scary thought

Crockett Co- state tourney in 0304 w/freshman group that has grown up to be juniors

Milan-district 12 champs last year moves in

Dyer Co-up and coming

14AA....

USJ-single A state runnerup last year

Jax NS- perennial west TN AAA power returns to AA

Haywood Co- @#$%^&&^%$ :)

Covington-no slouch with former UT-Martin coach roaming the sidelines

Ripley-???

Fayette Ware- I hope P Diddy isn't coaching them!

This region should be a war! And I look for one or two teams to be playing in the state finals! :D

Top players:

Strayhorn-G Dyersburg

Holloway-Post Dyersburg

Bellamy- Post Westview

Crittendon - PG Westview

Witherspoon- G Westview

Dudley-G/F Gibson Co (Union Univ)

McElrath-Post Gibson Co

Roney-Post Obion Co

Reedy-G Obion Co

A Walker-Post Crockett Co

S Cook- G Crockett Co

Sophomore Post from Milan...really good!

Covington has a big girl that is good!

Singleton -Post Haywood Co-still having nightmares! :)

These are the top players from region 7AA!

Who else, I think I left a couple off my mistake...

The real top 5 teams in order

1.Dyersburg - Return Strahorn and Holloway

2.Haywood - Super athletic and return nearly everyone

3.Westview - Cause of change in spell casting powers

4.Jackson NS - by default no one else that impressive

5.Obion Co. - losses to graduation and a few losses during the summer

Top 10 players in order

1. Bellamy( Westview ) -Post - Can't be stopped around the basket

2. Singleton ( Haywood ) - Post -Could be the best player, but up to her.

3. Dudley( Gibson Co. ) - Shooting Guard - Mrs. Offense

4. Strayhorn( Dyersburg ) - Pt. Guard -Runs the show and has a great mid-range shot

5. A. Walker( Crockett Co. ) - Power forward -Strong and Athletic. Alot of potential

6. Milan soph. - Post -dang forgot her name to. I am sure we will all know buy the end of the season.

7. Holloway ( Dyersburg ) -Center- Great size, but still weak at times.

8. Roney( Obion Co. ) - Post- Physical and hard worker

9. Witherspoon( Westview ) - Guard- Heart of a lion and Deadly outside

10. Kent( Covington ) - Post- Size and strength and wants the ball

It will definitly be a battle and there are gonna be atleast 2 teams out looking in. Good luck to all teams and coaches. :thumb:

There is no chance that Haywood is better than everyone but Dyersburg! Yes, they are athletic, and yes, they are Haywood! Most of the spell casting powers has been past on to the "Warlord of Westview". Sean has been around McMillan for the last 5 years, and, like several other young coaches, has learned alot from him. Add to that his own personal knowledge of the game, and Westview will be fine on the sidelines. (HeavyD will be close by too)

If team camararderie (spelling?) comes around, everyone better look out. Not sure Phil Jackson could make all these ladies get along.....time will tell! The top 4 teams are all in 13AA, 14AA is bringing up the rear!

There will be 2 excellent teams not make it to the region! I would definately want that #1 seed and a bye to the region, because the other 3 matchups will all be good games, especially in a must win (collar tightens up) game!

Good luck to all, and lets bring home some gold and silver balls this year. I am still miffed over the Chester Co saga last year. They couldn't beat Westview anywhere, and they won it all. Congrats to them, but I don't like it! :thumb:

Your player rankings aren't very good either....

Dudley is the best in the region...

followed by Holloway, she lead Dyersburg last year at tourney time...

I do like Singleton, but she needs to work on her shot, but she is a stud!....

When Bellamy decides to get her head into basketball, she is the best player in the district, she grew up alot 3 years ago in the state tourney, she hasn't become the leader since that time that she should have. This coaching change may benefit her greatly. Time will also tell if she turns into the STUD. Right now Westview has no floor leader, if they find one, and they didn't last year, then they could win it all.

The one thing that seperated Chester Co last year at the state tourney was when they needed a basket, they had someone (B Thomas) step up and make it happen.....Westview needs someone like that, and when that happens....... gold things will follow! :thumb:

Since my rankings player ranking and top 5 are not very. Why don't you give me your top? Because I know what you have listed can't be yours. You have Dudley 6th!!! I do admitt that Dudley is a great player, but until she commits to playing 32 minutes of defense she will be the best in the region.

Now DodgeCharger :D Why can't Haywood be second in the region? 1. Returning majority of starters and Singleton. 2.Athleteic 3.I think Westview and Obion Co. are going through a transition period with lose of Seniors and coaching change. Of course Haywood may not be pushed any this season until post season while everyone in 13AA will be at a constant battle all season.

:D

So I want to see your rankings :D

Since my rankings player ranking and top 5 are not very.  Why don't you give me your top?  Because I know what you have listed can't be yours.  You have Dudley 6th!!!  I do admitt that Dudley is a great player, but until she commits to playing 32 minutes of defense she will be the best in the region.

Now DodgeCharger  :D    Why can't Haywood be second in the region?  1. Returning majority of starters and Singleton.  2.Athleteic  3.I think Westview and Obion Co. are going through a transition period with lose of Seniors and coaching change.  Of course Haywood may not be pushed any this season until post season while everyone in 13AA will be at a constant battle all season.

:D 

So I want to see your rankings    :D

825741897[/snapback]

1. Dudley...she is the best offensively in the region! Defense is lacking

2. Holloway...she is the most dominant, and will keep Dyersburg in every game, Dyersburg is the best team right now in the region.

3. Singleton...from Haywood, she is a pure thoroughbread! She is all they have, however, she can't shoot outside of 12-15 feet.

4. Bellamy...Westview, after taking the summer off, maybe she will be inspired like she needs to be!

These are my top 4 in this region! The others were just listed in no particular order.

You are crazy if you think Jax NS and Obion are better than Gibson Co!

G5 you are probably right about Obion Co. trailing them I just felt that With Gibson Co. loosing their point guard, can't remember her name, they also lost a lot of the heart and soul of the team is why I had Obion ahead of them.

WesCharge your ranking may be right. I could see Dudley 1st and I agree she can score I just her token defense at times is bad. The and Bellamy problably will be forth especially since she could be a dominant force on the floor if they would work on getting her a shot/the ball and use her in the post . Yea I would be upset too if the only way I was getting the ball was off an offensive rebound from everyone else firing up a bunch of 3's or because of the pressure I put on the ball and stole it myself. Yep it is gonna be an entertaining season that is for sure.

And as far as Jax NS (forgot about that guard graduating) :lol: and Obion being ahead of GC I can sum up in 1 word "finish" B) . If they can "finish", make a shot hit an open layup, they ccould be the second best team behind Dyersburg. But until they show that they can do that on a constant basis they are gonna struggle again this year.

Crazy ehhehehe yea baby :lol::thumb:

As far as ranking I think we agree Dyersburg is first. I think after that 2 - 6 is maybe wide open this year.

G5 you are probably right about Obion Co. trailing them I just felt that With Gibson Co. loosing their point guard, can't remember her name, they also lost a lot of the heart and soul of the team is why I had Obion ahead of them.

WesCharge your ranking may be right. I could see Dudley 1st and I agree she can score I just her token defense at times is bad.  The and Bellamy problably will be forth especially since she could be a dominant force on the floor if they would work on getting her a shot/the ball and use her in the post .  Yea I would be upset too if the only way I was getting the ball was off an offensive rebound from everyone else firing up a bunch of 3's or because of the pressure I put on the ball and stole it myself.    Yep it is gonna be an entertaining season that is for sure.

And as far as Jax NS (forgot about that guard graduating)  :D  and Obion being ahead of GC I can sum up in 1 word  "finish"  B)  .  If they can "finish", make a shot hit an open layup,  they ccould be the second best team behind Dyersburg.  But until they show that they can do that on a constant basis they are gonna struggle again this year. 

Crazy  ehhehehe  yea baby  :thumb:  :P

As far as ranking I think we agree Dyersburg is first.  I think after that 2 - 6 is maybe wide open this year.

825743203[/snapback]

2-6 wide open??? If you say so!!! :lol:

There is no chance that Haywood is better than everyone but Dyersburg!  Yes, they are athletic, and yes, they are Haywood!  Most of the spell casting powers has been past on to the "Warlord of Westview".  Sean has been around McMillan for the last 5 years, and, like several other young coaches, has learned alot from him.  Add to that his own personal knowledge of the game, and Westview will be fine on the sidelines.  (HeavyD will be close by too) 

If team camararderie (spelling?) comes around, everyone better look out.  Not sure Phil Jackson could make all these ladies get along.....time will tell!  The top 4 teams are all in 13AA, 14AA is bringing up the rear! 

There will be 2 excellent teams not make it to the region!  I would definately want that #1 seed and a bye to the region, because the other 3 matchups will all be good games, especially in a must win (collar tightens up) game!

Good luck to all, and lets bring home some gold and silver balls this year.  I am still miffed over the Chester Co saga last year.  They couldn't beat Westview anywhere, and they won it all.  Congrats to them, but I don't like it! :rolleyes:

825736076[/snapback]

I've been a watcher of Chester County for quite a long time, and I have seen teams beat them in Nov, Dec, Jan, ...but usually it's hard to beat them late. Fortunately, tourneys are played in Feb. and Mar. instead of Nov. and Dec. :D

Y'all's district is going to be EXTREMELY tough. It should be a dog fight every night! West TN basketball, as a whole, is getting much more competitive.

Edited by birdie