Is Walker Valley the real deal this year

Guest thedragon

You have got to be kidding right - Bayliss ?? Experience ?? Coaching prowess ?? you're hurtin' me - I am laughing so hard. The only reason WV might do anything is because they don't play a hard enough schedule. I'll give it up for Ashton - she has been around awhile and has made a come back for herself when it was questionable that she would every play again; but all things considered the team as a whole is not strong. The Cretton girl might help out if she is playing this year and I heard their sweeper is pretty strong. Don't know - haven't seen them yet. But please don't give credit where credit isn't due when it comes to Bayliss.  Beating Rhea County was no big feat and Sequoyah - please - they scored 4 on them so WV couldn't be that good - they only won by 1 goal for the love of the game. You might want to stick to posting on a thread that you know something about Chadwick !

825736151[/snapback]

Obviously, Tom has done something to place a Burr under your saddle.

However he only had 6 returning players, and only one of them is a really sound player. He is starting 2 freshmen, and several girls who did not even play soccer last year. They have lost to McMinn and Soddy Daisy (and they are good teams) by large scores but they also won against Rhea, Seq., and Tellico. Win is a win and a loss is a loss, 3-2 record with several first time soccer players, and freshmen starting to, does not seem to bad. They will win 2 more and maybe 4 more.

Just like all other teams girls are working hard and getting better we started farther behind but this group will have to be dealt with in years to come, and may even surprise someone this year.

Whatever your issue is with the coach don't take it out on his players, and don't belittle other weaker teams because they don't have big bases of soccer to work with.

If you feel the need respond, as I'm an adult who is unaffected by your attacks.

Hope whom ever your pulling for does well anyway as I'm sure they are also a hardworking bunch of girls.

Edited by SETNsports

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You did not silence the lambs as you thought I simply have a life outside of coacht and I'm sorry if i was attending to it. I've played under several good coaches thank you and seeing as you dont know my soccer background I would suggest you please be quiet. If you feel the need to show your ignorance please ask a friend if you should and follow their advice. I have played under Bayliss and at no time was anyone on my team belittled or talked down to. We were pushed, we were bettered, we were worked, we were taught, but sir we were definitely not belittled. I've watched the best coaches become offensive to the refs so please don't target one coach when all have done it at some point. I dont remember a game where we didn't shake hands. That may be a players personal choice but I know in my 2 years of playing under him we never showed poor sportsmanship. Your supposed knowledge of the game obviously doesn't extent to your judge of character. On the character scale sir you are not high ranking, talking about someone when they aren't even here to defend themselves. Make fun of me. Fine. But dont make fun of someone who isn't even here. Someone who you dont personally know. If you truly have a problem with the man take it up with him not simply letting everyone else know what a horrible person you think he is. He is a great Christian and supportive coach and yes those are qualities I choose to defend. -Chadwick...yes I sign my name...unlike you because I support what I say and stand behind not hiding behind a username

You did not silence the lambs as you thought I simply have a life outside of coacht and I'm sorry if i was attending to it. I've played under several good coaches thank you and seeing as you dont know my soccer background I would suggest you please be quiet. If you feel the need to show your ignorance please ask a friend if you should and follow their advice. I have played under Bayliss and at no time was anyone on my team belittled or talked down to. We were pushed, we were bettered, we were worked, we were taught, but sir we were definitely not belittled. I've watched the best coaches become offensive to the refs so please don't target one coach when all  have done it at some point. I dont remember a game where we didn't shake hands. That may be a players personal choice but I know in my 2 years of playing under him we never showed poor sportsmanship. Your supposed knowledge of the game obviously doesn't extent to your judge of character. On the character scale sir you are not high ranking, talking about someone when they aren't even here to defend themselves. Make fun of me. Fine. But dont make fun of someone who isn't even here. Someone who you dont personally know. If you truly have a problem with the man take it up with him not simply letting everyone else know what a horrible person you think he is. He is a great Christian and supportive coach and yes those are qualities I choose to defend. -Chadwick...yes I sign my name...unlike you because I support what I say and stand behind not hiding behind a username

825747056[/snapback]

wow i sense a little tension in the room!! a little harsh feelings maybe.. but after playing against WV already this year i have to say their coach seemed very civil and they did shake our hands! :D

It is very easy to sit behind a computer screen and vent about this coach and that coach, or how one feels about different opinions. The anonimity of a screen name also gives the person the courage to say things they would not normally say face to face.

Sounds like one person doesn't like a coach, and others do. That's how athletics are. I don't think that seekinghisface will convince tuffnstuff otherwise. I think that tuffnstuff could have posted his/her opinions a little more tactfully, but I am sure that they feel very passionate about their opinion.

This whole website is about opinions. Agree to dissagree.

Sounds like maybe tufnstuff is from mcminn central or sweetwater(cant remember which school)..?b/c that would be the only game i remember us not shaking hands..but that was what was best..i mean tension was going that game and something could have been said that could have started something or been disrespectful so maybe that was for the best?but i am almost certain..actually..positive..that coach bayliss knows exactly what he is doing..4 years of collegiate soccer and a conference ring he earned to go with it..and playing all his life..im pretty sure he knows how to play and treat the game..and on the players subject coach bayliss has been making us tough since day one..you can ask anyone..he does not belittle anyone..bottom line..strict coaches is what makes players better..i guess we all have our opinions though..and throughout my time on the soccer field..i've played his teams and and played on his teams..and i am definately not ashamed of that either..why don't you just go ahead and get it over and tell us who you are if you don't care and will say it to his face..? i mean its obviously your choice but if you will say it to his face we might as well know who you are..but theres my opinion on the whole matter..you can take it leave it..

Sounds like maybe tufnstuff is from mcminn central or sweetwater(cant remember which school)..?b/c that would be the only game i remember us not shaking hands..but that was what was best..i mean tension was going that game and something could have been said that could have started something or been disrespectful so maybe that was for the best?but i am almost certain..actually..positive..that coach bayliss knows exactly what he is doing..4 years of collegiate soccer and a conference ring he earned to go with it..and playing all his life..im pretty sure he knows how to play and treat the game..and on the players subject coach bayliss has been making us tough since day one..you can ask anyone..he does not belittle anyone..bottom line..strict coaches is what makes players better..i guess we all have our opinions though..and throughout my time on the soccer field..i've played his teams and and played on his teams..and i am definately not ashamed of that either..why don't you just go ahead and get it over and tell us who you are if you don't care and will say it to his face..? i mean its obviously your choice but if you will say it to his face we might as well know who you are..but theres my opinion on the whole matter..you can take it leave it..

825750716[/snapback]

Call it what you want, but to me it is never appropriate for a coach to belittle a child (young person). There are other ways to make a player "tough". I have met many "coaches" in my day that think that just because they played that will make them a good coach. "Skill" does not necessarily equate to being a positive role model in the lives of young people - not every one can be a teacher. Just because I can brush my teeth doesn't make me a dentist. It isn't always about the game you know. Chances are 80 - 85% of the kids that they have "touched" in their coaching careers at the high school level will never make it on to play in college and that percentage drops considerably beyond the collegiate level - statistics say somewhere in the area of less than .03 % so - I am interested in what a coach does to promote the sport, teach respect for authority and giving 100% of yourself to what you are doing in your life - I have seen him throw water bottles, kick benches and throw tantrums to the refs - I have personally been witness to poor sportsmanship which shouldn't be tolerated at any level - it is afterall a game. If we allow this message to permeate our society then every time a kid doesn't get his way it makes it ok to swear, throw fits and the like.... it is no wonder that I have to do the job I do to try to redeem the hoodlums of society. Those kids then go out to the parking lots after games, pick fights, key people's cars and the like. All in the name of sports - please - I am not only referring to Bayliss - I have seen in it in for far too many years; in too many places, and for too many stupid reasons. Will his conference ring ever legitimize his actions and does that ring make him a better human being? I guess I will have to consider the source. Please - keep your excitement contained.

I've never heard him belittle us...he's told us we can do better...made us run more...never said anything demeaning though. I've never seen him throw or kick anything...but even if he has it still doesn't give you the right to badmouth him when he's not here to defend himself. If you have a problem with him let HIM know not us. Especially if he's not here. And if you are talking about a general problem dont apply it to a specific coach. Your idle gossip gets you nowhere. If you were truly concerned about this problem you will take it up with the coaches you see it in not tell the world of their problem. All this does is make you seem petty and ignorant. Thank you goodnite. -Chadwick

I refuse to step onto this merry-go-round again.  Guess you haven't been around the block long enough to understand this kind of stuff son - your opinion will change the older you get.  Oh, and by the way - just because you didn't see something - doesn't mean it didn't happen.

825750838[/snapback]

tuffnstuff you are a coward hiding behind a computer screen. just state who you are and then your opinion will belong to you and not just some chicken sitting at a screen

thats what im saying..why dont you just let us know who you are..and i was just stating the ring and stuff to let you know he has experience on the field..but tufnstuff..just because he might chew a kid out if thats what you have seen and thats what you are calling "belittling" then thats definately your opinion..but bottom line..he doesnt belittle his players..and i have seen plenty of coaches pick up things and throw them and plenty of that stuff..so don't even just pinpoint one coach..thats pretty much stupid..but it seems to me like you are the only person who thinks that..so maybe you need to think about it some more because everyone else on here has a total opposite opinion..but oh well..