Lebanon @ Lavergne:

fballjunkie06

He won't answer them because it's true!  How about you?  Any details on your illustrious life?  Still living the elementary school dream, Mr. Walter J. Baird Devil.

825735802[/snapback]

Well I have a kid at WJB. 8th grade. We lost our 2 coaches, Spurlock and Travis Holland. Holland is now at Oakland. He'll be great there. He's an old CU player but younger than you. You guys need to stop all this bickering on here.

Really though why did you quit coaching the Freshmen at Oakland? Coach Manning said you did a good job. Just wondered why you got out????

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I have a kid at WJB.  8th grade.  We lost our 2 coaches, Spurlock and Travis Holland.  Holland is now at Oakland.  He'll be great there.  He's an old CU player but younger than you.  You guys need to stop all this bickering on here. 

Really though why did you quit coaching the Freshmen at Oakland?  Coach Manning said you did a good job.  Just wondered why you got out????

825735909[/snapback]

It might help if I was Chris Slaughter from KOKOMO, IN. He is probably loving the fact the guys are bashing him. He is an assistant volleyball coach at Siegel working with his wife - if you wanted to know where he was.

A bit of Oakland and FCS trivia - Coach Hawks at Oakland is a graduate of which high school. FCS. Strange factoid - like anyone really cares.

Edited by tnsddeveloper

It might help if I was Chris Slaughter from KOKOMO, IN.  He is probably loving the fact the guys are bashing him.  He is an assistant volleyball coach at Siegel working with his wife - if you wanted to know where he was.

A bit of Oakland and FCS trivia - Coach Hawks at Oakland is a graduate of which high school.  FCS.  Strange factoid - like anyone really cares.

825735912[/snapback]

Didn't he also teach at LHS long time back???

Didn't he also teach at LHS long time back???

825735929[/snapback]

That I'm not sure of. But if so, another case of Lebanon keeping the good ones. :thumb:

It is sad how the adminstration hogties the programs their. With the county booming like it is, the programs at LHS should be better ... much better. All the other schools are getting ultra competitive in their respective classifications (with exception of MJ football - they tend to follow the LHS school of hiring great coaches in that sport). Gotta get that school fixed - gang problems, fights, grades, public perception, running off coaches, and whatever else. I'm sure you can agree with that.

Edited by tnsddeveloper

That I'm not sure of.  But if so, another case of Lebanon keeping the good ones.  :thumb: 

It is sad how the adminstration hogties the programs their.  With the county booming like it is, the programs at LHS should be better ... much better.  All the other schools are getting ultra competitive in their respective classifications (with exception of MJ football - they tend to follow the LHS school of hiring great coaches in that sport).  Gotta get that school fixed - gang problems, fights, grades, public perception, running off coaches, and whatever else.  I'm sure you can agree with that.

825735941[/snapback]

They actually posted the highest scores this past year in the county. I don't know if that includes FCS or not. What kind of gang problems are you talking about?? They do however go through coaches.

They actually posted the highest scores this past year in the county.  I don't know if that includes FCS or not.  What kind of gang problems are you talking about??  They do however go through coaches.

825735950[/snapback]

I know that 2 years running their scores were the worst in the county. They did post high scores this year - it is about time. The gang problems I'm talking about was all the mess that was on the TV late last year. All the big stations in town were on campus a reporting that kids parents were pulling them out of school because of some sort of gang threats running through the school. And yes, they are a launching pad for coaches! And not in a good way.

Edited by tnsddeveloper

Coach Hawks, Head baseball coach at Oakland and owner of 2 state rings  indeed came from Lebanon High School before he became a legend at OHS. Word says that he wasn't hired back at that time.

825736163[/snapback]

There we go ... another brilliant Lebanon move! I don't think I can count the draft picks from OHS in the last 5 years on two hands. Hawks can coach! Nice move LHS, keeping showing us how it's done!