Week 3 Portland at White House

timbdp

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we don't get this passing game corrected, and continue to do absolutely no blocking for our TB, then this season could very well become the first losing season for White House in a couple decades.

Portland didn't do anything fancy, in fact, they seem to have only run about 3 or 4 different plays over and over, but they totally kicked our rear end with basic football. Congrats Portland.....you were the better team tonight.

White House offense?.....I'm speechless. Looking at our schedule, even going 5-5 may be outta the question. Next week against Macon County may be the only chance to salvage this season.

I know we lost 17 starters. Well...Portland lost a lot as well...Greenbrier lost something like 23, but they are both playing solid, consistent football.

Tonight , the heart was a little more there, but our offense is lacking.....something awful.

So much I could say, but oh well...I'll take the PC route and stop there....

If we don't get this passing game corrected, and continue to do absolutely no blocking for our TB, then this season could very well become the first losing season for White House in a couple decades.

Portland didn't do anything fancy, in fact, they seem to have only run about 3 or 4 different plays over and over, but they totally kicked our rear end with basic football. Congrats Portland.....you were the better team tonight.

White House offense?.....I'm speechless.  Looking at our schedule, even going 5-5 may be outta the question. Next week against Macon County may be the only chance to salvage this season.

I know we lost 17 starters. Well...Portland lost a lot as well...Greenbrier lost something like 23, but they are both playing solid, consistent football.

Tonight , the heart was a little more there, but our offense is lacking.....something awful.

So much I could say, but oh well...I'll take the PC route and stop there....

825745070[/snapback]

Bigwheel11 you said a mouthful! <_< I made the trip to White House to watch this BIG RIVAL- Defense played hard! Passing game is LACKING to say the least. :D

#10 is Ryan Mash he is the son of the head football coach at White House Middle School, who i think set some state records himself at qb back in his day

825744295[/snapback]

Thanks for the info WHDevils97! I made the trip to watch Porland and White House and was not impressed with the passing game and offense. My opinion is that the Coaches should feel humiliated with a score like that against Portland and not the players! I got to asking around and a gentleman told me that the coaches didn't think that #10 had a good enough arm. Well, what the heck do they think they have now? <_< Target practice might help a little. I also found out that this kid #10 is a Senior. What are the Coaches thinking? I always say that the stats speak for themselves. Coach or No Coach, I don't know if I wouldn't attempt to put #10 in for a another try. At least #10 could run the ball! AND He couldn't do much worse than what I saw last night or in previous weeks. So, he is the Middles School Coaches son. hummmmmm I wonder how Dad feels watching this kinda thing every Friday night? My heart goes out to WH this year. :D

We were beat by a better football team. Period. We are inexperienced and a little small in the lines..... that spells trouble. I saw great improvement....... no stupid penalities and we ran our offense to suit our personell.

I'll be there friday nite and I expect to see a WH team play hard....... if we were losing without the effort I'd be worried.....but the effort is there even if the desired result isn't.

Congrats to Portland. They did exactly what they needed to do to win.

Thanks for the info WHDevils97!  I made the trip to watch Porland and White House and was not impressed with the passing game and offense.  My opinion is that the Coaches should feel humiliated with a score like that against Portland and not the players!  I got to asking around and a gentleman told me that the coaches didn't think that #10 had a good enough arm.  Well, what the heck do they think they have now?  :D  Target practice might help a little.  I also found out that this kid  #10 is  a Senior.  What are the Coaches  thinking?  I always say that the stats speak for themselves.  Coach or No Coach, I don't know if I wouldn't attempt to put #10 in for a another try.  At least #10 could run the ball!  AND He couldn't do much worse than what I saw last night or in previous weeks.  So, he is the Middles School Coaches son.  hummmmmm  I wonder how Dad feels watching this kinda thing every Friday night? My heart goes out to WH this year.  :thumb:

825745333[/snapback]

Are You Serious? You are going to second guess one of the best coaches in the state for many, many years. And you are going to base this on what some "gentleman" told you while you were sitting in the stands on Friday night. I am sure the "humiliated" coach Porter pulled a name out of a hat and that was who he started at QB for one of the biggest rivalries in middle Tennessee. He and his staff have probably reviewed hundreds of hours of tapes this week. Not to mention he has a "little" expereince himself coaching against Portland. If you are going to rip a great coach at least get some facts yourself, and spend a few hundred hours watching tape and coach against a team 15-20 times then come back and tell me what you would do.

Good luck White House and remember 2000 (0-3) to start then on to the quarterfinals I think

Edited by PPantherfan

Well, I thought the Devils would dig deep and pull this together, but last night it didn't happen. Portland came to town to give us a whoopin' and I think most of the BDP Nation knows by now that we are in a pickle. As Dandy said, they ain't gonna get easier on any given Friday night from here on out.

Good try, Blue Devils...Congrats Panthers.

Thanks for the info WHDevils97!  I made the trip to watch Porland and White House and was not impressed with the passing game and offense.  My opinion is that the Coaches should feel humiliated with a score like that against Portland and not the players!  I got to asking around and a gentleman told me that the coaches didn't think that #10 had a good enough arm.  Well, what the heck do they think they have now?  :o  Target practice might help a little.  I also found out that this kid  #10 is  a Senior.  What are the Coaches  thinking?  I always say that the stats speak for themselves.  Coach or No Coach, I don't know if I wouldn't attempt to put #10 in for a another try.  At least #10 could run the ball!  AND He couldn't do much worse than what I saw last night or in previous weeks.  So, he is the Middles School Coaches son.  hummmmmm  I wonder how Dad feels watching this kinda thing every Friday night? My heart goes out to WH this year.  :thumb:

825745333[/snapback]

I think Coach Porter has proven his ability to plan this game through the years, so I'm sure he doesn't need an armchair coach to assist. I'm sure he's got his reason for not playing #10, even if it is hard for you to understand.

Its kind obvious by ALL 7 of your posts that you are trying to push for the coaches to play #10 by your posts. Even more obvious since he is the son a MS coach and your name is Coachin4U*10* why this may be. Come back under a name a little less conspicious. :thumb:

Edited by WHHS1975

Are You Serious?  You are going to second guess one of the best coaches in the state for many, many years.  And you are going to base this on what some "gentleman" told you while you were sitting in the stands on Friday night.  I am sure the "humiliated" coach Porter pulled a name out of a hat and that was who he started at QB for one of the biggest rivalries in middle Tennessee.  He and his staff have probably reviewed hundreds of hours of tapes this week.  Not to mention he has a "little" expereince himself coaching against Portland.  If you are going to rip a great coach at least get some facts yourself, and spend a few hundred hours watching tape and coach against a team 15-20 times then come back and tell me what you would do.

Good luck White House and remember 2000 (0-3) to start then on to the quarterfinals I think

825745571[/snapback]

Hard to question any of the coaches in Sumner and Robertson counties. As good a group you'll find in the state.

Congrats to your team. You guys will win in 4a just as we did.

I think Coach Porter has proven his ability to plan this game through the years, so I'm sure he doesn't need an armchair coach to assist.  I'm sure he's got his reason for not playing #10, even if it is hard for you to understand.   

Its kind obvious by ALL 7 of your posts that you are trying to push for the coaches to play #10 by your posts.  Even more obvious since he is the son a MS coach and your name is Coachin4U*10* why this may be.  Come back under a name a little less conspicious.  :thumb:

825745633[/snapback]

I am just assesing the situation. I coached for 20 years in East Tennessee. My number in High School was #10- If you would go back and read your post again I even ask who this kid was.

Don't know him and don't know his parents. I moved outside of Nashville 6 years ago. Just watching paper and I travel the area- And still love the game. I don't have a dog in this race. Just an opinion.

I 'm saying when something isn't working... why not try to back up and regroup. I had to do it for years. He can play another kid for all I care. Just get the ball out! :thumb: As for Coach Porter... well I am entitled to my opinion on this team and any other- Just as you - :o

The Devils began the 2000 season at 0-3 after an ugly, ugly loss to Antioch. The team finished 7-3 before winning two playoff games. They were driving for a go ahead score in the 4th quarter at Portland when a turnover derailed them. They lost the quarterfinal matchup to eventual champion Portland by a 19-10 count. Don't count this team out yet!!

What upsets me is the WH fans who sat on their hands last night while Portland had the ball on the WH three yard line already leading by two scores. Where is your spirit? AND DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THE FANS WHO COMPLAIN IN THE STANDS ABOUT BLOCKING, TACKLING, COACHING, ETC.------AND YOU DON'T LEAVE WITH SIX MINUTES LEFT, I DONT CARE HOW FAR AHEAD OR BEHIND YOUR TEAM MAY BE----SHAME ON YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Coach Porter has proven his ability to plan this game through the years, so I'm sure he doesn't need an armchair coach to assist.  I'm sure he's got his reason for not playing #10, even if it is hard for you to understand.   

Its kind obvious by ALL 7 of your posts that you are trying to push for the coaches to play #10 by your posts.  Even more obvious since he is the son a MS coach and your name is Coachin4U*10* why this may be.  Come back under a name a little less conspicious.  :lol:

825745633[/snapback]

You are assuming quite a bit WHHS1975, lets set the record straight. My name is Randal Mash and #10, Ryan is my son. I am the head coach at White House Middle School starting my 25th season. I don't need to brag on my son through various posts claiming what he can or can't do using a conspicious name. To friends who have asked the question, "Why isn't Ryan the starting QB this being his senior year?" The answer to that question is- He doesn't have a strong enough arm and by putting him at Wide Receiver this gives our team a better chance to win. As a Coach, I understand that you have to put your BEST 11 on the field. The decision to start another player at QB was made 4 days before the opening game. It was made late because the Coaches were trying to give Ryan another week to improve. For this I am greatful. He has taken on his new role as a committed senior should, although he is frustrated with not being able to move his feet fast enough to block the CB's-LOL LOL Coachin4U*10* you ask me how I feel? Sometimes it is hard being a Coach and a DAD. I'll leave it at :) that... B)