Carter County Predictions Week 3

#1 Hampton Bulldog Fan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if there are no off field issues with uhs, then why is zimmerman gone? it seems like for the past 2 years he has been the talker on the team and losing him will deflate them, thus leading to losses to teams like ummmmmm hurley.

825739969[/snapback]

I believe i have already stated that there isnt anymore off the field issues and we have resolved them. NOw let me ask you a question warrior, How has the departure of zimmerman deflated unaka?And the hurley game is another story, nobody came to play as we were flat all night.

The Rangers will rally around what they have and work hard to win their games each week. With the "off field" troubles behind them, maybe they can focus on hard work and determination. No offense but every team has their share of distractions, hopefully UHS has taken care of the problems. Temple has lost their first two games as well, so this might be a good game for both.

lol, kim, dont even try to compare south to hurley. hurley is one of the worst A teams in va while south could be the best team in their AAAA region. hv was in the game until they fumbled it about 5 straight times. dont make me question my decision regarding ur intelligence. i want to think ur a level headed guy but with statements like that, its hard to believe that.

as for zimmerman, like it or not, something like that can affect the rest of ur season. the players may not admit it, but it is in their heads that their field general is gone. he wrote a whole lot of checks that unaka cant cash and they will pay for that.

Edited by hvwarrior58

Don't know too much about the Zimmerman kid, other than the fact that he is a kid, so the best of luck to him in whatever the situation. As for Carpenter, I know this kid personally, and he is a very good athlete, not to mention a very good kid. If Carpenter is the new QB, good luck to him. He will make good decisions for uhs. Let's give Unaka a break, they're only kids playing football and trying their best to earn respect every week. Remember, Unaka's kids don't make their schedule.

lol, kim, dont even try to compare south to hurley. hurley is one of the worst A teams in va while south could be the best team in their AAAA region. hv was in the game until they fumbled it about 5 straight times. dont make me question my decision regarding ur intelligence. i want to think ur a level headed guy but with statements like that, its hard to believe that.

as for zimmerman, like it or not, something like that can affect the rest of ur season. the players may not admit it, but it is in their heads that their field general is gone. he wrote a whole lot of checks that unaka cant cash and they will pay for that.

825741131[/snapback]

Hello again, Warrior!

I also thought that Happy Valley could compete with South, so you're wise in re-evaluating your appraisal of my intelligence. And in fact, my reply to your put-down of the Rangers was uncalled for; conversely, your remark about the Rangers and Hurley was totally accurate and justified. I apologize. After all, we're talking about teenagers here, right?

And it's interesting that the Warriors had about "five" straight fumbles. Unaka traveled to Hurley with "five" of their best starters injured and unable to play, to include their entire starting backfield and best lineman. But hey, why discount five starters ....or even five fumbles for that matter? It's all part of the game.

Unaka has struggled to put a competitive team on the field for literally decades now, and for numerous reasons, to many to discuss here. But the individual players are, like you, Warrior, brave, hard-working, deserving of a better fate than to be served up for internet fodder.

But what's most distressing this time of year isn't the low-blows from true Winners like you, Warrior; it's reading the remarks of mid-aged posters, who seemingly slobber at the mouth in anticipation of seeing a young lad being brought to gridiron justice.

and "hamptonbigdogs," You are so right about Carpenter. He is one of the many very good kids at Unaka.