Smyrna @ Blackman

tnman

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not logic. As a matter of fact, ITS STUPID reasoning. Blackman gains nothing from their players not practicing. The fact is Blackman will not win a game this season unless everyone plays like a team and has heart. There was a lack of heart at the Centennial game from Blackman, and Centennial took advantage of that and got the W.

Smyrna stopped Cogar last week but will they be able to stop mimms?

825745618[/snapback]

From a WAY outside observer! It seems to me that both the team and the coaches at Blackman need to realize that a team is more than ONE player. I don't care who they are or who they THINK they are. For a team to win they have to have teamwork.. And that means leaving the attitude and individualism on the sideline. When you cross the chalk it should be team business ONLY!!! Take it for what it's worth. Go Blazers!!

I really think that this game will develop into the biggest rivalry in the county before all is said and done.

And I disagree with you folk...Blackman has some good players besides Mimms. I am impressed that Mimms had to sit out the LC game and for the 1st half of the Centennial game. I know that had to be hard for the coaches to do that. The kid is way too young to get such a big head. But I mean it would be impossible not to the way everyone on here says that all they have is Mimms. And from what I heard, he was allowed to get away with everything the last 2 yrs. So kudos to Wells for actually TRYING to force some discipline on the  team. Good luck to BHS. I hope they get a win, but I don't think it will come this week.

825746400[/snapback]

Exit 70 is going to open up a major can on the sparks?flames?blaze! Go Dawgs!

From a WAY outside observer!  It seems to me that both the team and the coaches at Blackman need to realize that a team is more than ONE player.  I don't care who they are or who they THINK they are.  For a team to win they have to have teamwork.. And that means leaving the attitude and individualism on the sideline.  When you cross the chalk it should be team business ONLY!!!  Take it for what it's worth.  Go Blazers!!

825747839[/snapback]

I totally agree with u..and Smyrna has all the weapons on offense now for Defense they started off weak but are now startin to play as a team..I think it was a great move moving Rod Wilks to Safety...which he had a int there last week..

Riverdale-1st

WC-2nd

Smyrna-3rd

La Vergne-4th

That win that smyrna put on La Vergne looks real good..Smyrna's strenth of schedule I think is one of the toughest in the mid-state...with having To play WC and Brentwood in early weeks...I only see Smyrna losing 1 more and that is to R'Dale....I think it will be closer than we al think...

Edited by CrunkestCrowd*08*

Wells does NOT make his players practice....

And as for the biggest rivalry????JOKE!

825748290[/snapback]

Well you can't drag your players by the throat and make them come to practice. But you CAN discipline them if they don't. Sounds like Wells is trying to do that by benching them from playing even at the expense of losing a game. He is trying to establish his authority to me. And it also sounds like things were left in a shambles for him to try to straighten up when he came. I am not a big fan of Wellls.....at least when he was at Smyrna, I wasn't....but it sounds like he is doing his best to right this ship and show who is in charge. I definitely admire him for that. If Mimms leaves over that......well then that simply tells you that mimms is playing for himself and not the team.

Ther used to be lots of Blackman posters on here. Where did they go?

Prediction

Smyrna 35

Blackman 10

Smyrna has played a very tough schedule their 4 opponents records are 13 and 2

the only loses any of them have are to Smyrna.

Blackman will not be able to run the ball against Smyrna consistently enough to win. With backs like Mims and Wallace they will occasionally make some plays but if they are not in 3rd and short then they will struggle.

Smyrna in contrast has shown they can run or throw effectively and if you give Sonny time he will pick you apart and if you try to come after him they will run the draw right by you.

This may be a rare game where you see 11 men in the box on defense. Until Blackman shows they can throw I believe this is what they will see every game.

If Smyrna is having to make adjustments to stop Blackmans passing then we are in great shape.

Smyrnas offense is a different offense with Sonny healthy ( he only played 1 and a half qtrs against brentwood and could barely move against wc)

In summary Smyrna will win becasue they are more balanced over all.

Ther used to be lots of Blackman posters on here. Where did they go?

Prediction

Smyrna 35

Blackman 10

Smyrna has played a very tough schedule their 4 opponents records are 13 and 2

the only loses any of them have are to Smyrna.

Blackman will not be able to run the ball against Smyrna consistently enough to win. With backs like Mims and Wallace they will occasionally make some plays but if they are not in 3rd and short then they will struggle.

Smyrna in contrast has shown they can run or throw effectively and if you give Sonny time he will pick you apart and if you try to come after him they will run the draw right by you.

This may be a rare game where you see 11 men in the box on defense. Until Blackman shows they can throw I believe this is what they will see every game.

If Smyrna is having to make adjustments to stop Blackmans passing then we are in great shape.

Smyrnas offense is a different offense with Sonny healthy ( he only played 1 and a half qtrs against brentwood and could barely move against wc)

In summary Smyrna will win becasue they are more balanced over all.

825751032[/snapback]

I agree with 82, it is going to be a DAWG VICTORY!