Bearden vs. Karns

thagodfatha

The Beavers bring a 2-1 mark into this week 3 match-up with the Bulldogs. Both of the Karns victories came at the hands of teams with a .500 or less winning percentage. (A-E currently 2-2, Morristown East is 1-2) Sevier County handed them a 35-20 loss. Can the Beavers continue the momentum from their win over A-E? We will see. I'm sure the overtime loss last year to Bearden is not fondly remembered by Karns.

Bearden played their best half of football against Farragut, scoring 17 points and playing excellent defense last Friday night. Did Farragut turn it up a notch in the second half, or did the Bulldogs simply run out of gas? Bearden needs a win in a big way.

It's gut check time for the Bulldogs...this one is a must-win game. I'm gonna step out and say Bearden over Karns by a final score of 14-13. Any other predictions?????

Edited by ReadytoRumble

ReadytoRumble,

We are much better picking baseball games than football and I passed on making a prediction the first time I read your post mainly because of the way you started the thread.

When you pointed out that the Karns victories came at the hands of teams with a .500 or less winning percentage. To me that indicated you thought the Karns victories was less than worthy. It would be like me bringing up that Bearden's only victory was against a team that hasn't won a game. A victory is a victory and all are worthy. "W's" and "L's" this early in the season has a lot to do with each teams early scheduling.

I was pulling for the Bulldogs when I heard of their early lead against their rival; something about a team holding up four fingers in a preseason photo that wasn't real good sportsmanship in these eyes.

I sat in the bad weather last fall and saw the Beavers lose a game at Bearden I thought they should have won, but it went in Bearden's win column. I expect a good game this fall and since I have a player in the mix I will have to go with the Beavers Friday night.

Karns is yet to play a game where turnovers haven't hurt them and if they can accomplish that Friday they could make things easier. The Beavers are small, but scrappy and will fight for every inch. They have good team attidude so don't look for them to fold if they fall behind. They are few in number, but are in great shape.

I'll pick Karns 20 - Bearden 10

HiwasseeVol,

You're right...I should probably stick to baseball.

I remember the Karns - Bearden game last year...pouring rain, and Bearden's field was in horrible condition before the game started. Was not a fun night, but the Bulldogs did get a W.

A win is a win....and yes, the Jets of Cumberland County have taken their lumps this year.

The bottom line? It should be a hard-fought game. I'll stick to my 14-13 prediction. I do think Matt Reagan's leg will be a factor, whether it is an extra point or a field goal.

ReadytoRumble,

Looks I’ll have to change my prediction after reading today’s News Sentinel. They have Karns as the favorite in tonight’s contest. I don’t believe the Beavers have been favored to win a football game in 25 years. When you take that with today’s rain affecting the Beavers enormous passing attack, it could put Karns in uncharted territory. :D

Good luck to both teams tonight.

How 'bout those Bulldogs!  Both teams fought hard.  Congrats guys on the W!!!!

HiwasseeVol...I might not be as bad at picking football as we thought...lol.  Lucky guess on my part at best.

Still a lot of football left in the '05 season....anything is possible.

825753509[/snapback]

ReadytoRumble,

You "hit the nail on the head"...Congrats on that pick and the Bearden win. It was really a very close game all the way.

A good night for a high school game; huge crowd, both outstanding bands and a nip-and-tuck football game.

Good luck the rest of the way.