Huntingdon VS McKenzie

mustangman_123

I think old Wes Charge said it best a couple of weeks ago--take football out of Huntingdon, and there is nothing left.

Dude, that's not cool! I've been to Mckenzie... there is nothing there to begin with even with football.

The Rebels have had a tendency to play to their opposition so far this season which means this could be a good one with a serious # of total points scored in the game.

Dude, by that logic, Mckenzie should be playin' the Colts.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your kidding right. Look how the players and fans from McKenzie were when they beat huntingdon in 01. It was like they had won the world. So don’t act like its just on one side :)

McKenzie celebrated that night because they won the region. Huntingdon was just another game. By the way, you don't see pictures of that McKenzie celebration tagged on the bottom of our posts.

McKenzie celebrated that night because they won the region. Huntingdon was just another game. By the way, you don't see pictures of that McKenzie celebration tagged on the bottom of our posts.

Call it what you want but it is "Mustang Pride" win or lose and as mustang69 pointed out the picture you are talking about was before the game.

Edited by stangfan

Excellent post Sauce, It is sad to think the statement is probably true in Huntingdon. I am glad it isn't that way in Mc Kenzie......winning is good but showing class (not running the score up so you will look good in the Jackson Sun) as a representative of your school and community is highly respected in most places in the USA.

Duckman, your posts are well thought out and very accurate. By the way I didn't know you had twin grandsons. As you put it so well........Look out for that tree!!!!

Hopefully both teams will give their best efforts and the fans will compliment both Mustangs and Rebels on a well played football game. An injury free game is needed by both teams as their bulk of their region games start next week.

Sauce & Duckman...........keep on keeping on

I am curious, how do you distinguish between running up the score and a team getting outmatched?

stangfan, surely you are joking with your post. But maybe you don't understand the difference and I do not have the time nor patience to explain such a simple process to you. But a quick lesson........substitute.

Oh, I understand completely. My point is that Mckenzie beats a weak Greenfield team 39-7 and it is good sportsmanship but if Huntingdon beats someone by more than a point we are running up the score. If you are a Mckenzie fan, I am sure there have only been a few Huntingdon games you have ever seen. How do you think Huntingdon has maintaned a successful program over the last several years? Do you honestly think that is done with upcoming players always sitting on the bench?

The other point with my question is a 17 point lead with 6 minutes to go, is that when the game is over? You might want to ask Westview about that one before you answer.

So back to my original question. How do you distinguish between the two? How do you know when enough points are scored?

Edited by stangfan

Hmmmm...Methinks it is a good question!

I think you have to be at the game & know when the subs start piling in. I have seen some games where the "star" player stays in late to pile up some stats for the college scouts & I thought that was running up the score. I have seen some coaches that start subbing when they get 3 scores up & keep subbing until the scoring stops.

If you are beating a team by 3 scores & you have your starters in, IMHO, that is running it up.

CHS recently beat a team by 35, but the last period was the freshman team. What else can you do? I don't think you can ask an athlete to NOT compete or NOT give their best effort.

YMMV...