Marion Co. @ Whitwell

drinks3

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What was the score of the Grace-Whitwell game?

825757307[/snapback]

47-14 Grace has a pretty good football team, they just made too many mistakes. I think they may have had 8 turnovers, one being for a TD. That would probably be hard to overcome by any team in 1a. I think they could very easily end up being a fourth seed team in region 3.

The annual domination started two weeks ago when the Jasper Little League teams made easy work of Whitwell. :thumb: Tonight, JMS will deal a crushing blow to WMS. :) And, Friday night, the onslaught continues as Marion County easily wins over Whutwul by 21 points. :lol:

Yea your a real big man making fun of whitwell. At least we dont call ourselves something we are not were whitwell yall are jasper not marion county. The last time i was down there was to watch a softball game and if im not mistaken the scoreboard said welcome to Jasper, home of the warriors, so quit raggin on whitwell. Does it stink playing home games with whs written on your stands?

EDIT: Don't need that type of language. A few people have been thrown off the boards permamently lately for posting like that.

Edited by Condra69

I didn't realize that I was making fun of Whitwell....just stating two facts and one prediction.

If you would notice the marquis as you turn towards the school from Betsy Pack Dr., it does, in fact, state who we are: MARION COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL.

As for things that happened last year. The criminals who did those things were caught and punished. Life goes on. To answer your question directly, it does not bother me one bit to sit in stands that are marked with representations of the Whitwell Tiger Pride. In fact, it should be an embarrassment to the whole town of Whitwell, because any visiting team that comes into our stadium and notices the vandalism that was done, instantly draws an impression (rightly or wrongly) of the fans from WHS. The actions of a few speak loudly for many.

Just so you'll know, here are my two facts and one prediction:

Two facts:

1. The three Jasper little league teams beat Whitwell by an avg. score of 20 - 0.

2. JMS beat WMS 34 -18

One prediction:

1. Marion County will beat Whitwell by 21 points.

I think Marion will not win by over 1 TD if they win at all.

MARION COUNTY 27

whitwell 6

Lets hope this game does not get out of control and everyone keeps their heads no matter who wins. Good luck to both teams but hoping for a MARION COUNTY HIGH SCHOOL victory.

Jasper 1st little victory was 6-0 in overtime hardly a dominant win. win yes but not a onslaught. good luck to both high schools. Whitwell by 10.

Jasper 1st little victory was 6-0 in overtime hardly a dominant win. win yes but not a onslaught. good luck to both high schools. Whitwell by 10.

First off let me state that both teams played their hearts out last night at Tiger Stadium. Neither team deserved to lose in that contest! Congratulations to the Marion County Warriors for the hard fought victory.

As in all close ball games it usually comes down to who makes the most crucial turnover and who is fortunate enough by their hustle to take advantage of it. Whitwell had a bad pitch on veer right caused by a Marion defender deep in its own territory and Marion takes it into the endzone on the next play for the win. A missed extra point left a lot of excitement for the fans and a few skipped heartbeats and tight @$$&$ for the coaches. Whitwell was determined to take advantage, they drove the ball on the last possession 80 yards to set up an exciting ending. After a couple of passes in the corner of the endzone, which one was broken up by a Marion defender and the last just barely dropped incomplete in the corner of the endzone it was 4th and goal at about the two yard line. I was on hands and knees and didn't exactly see the final play but I think it was inside veer to the left. Marion County stops Whitwell for about a one yard lost. LIKE I SAID, "SKIPPED HEARTBEATS AND TIGHT @$$&$ TIL THE END!!!!

I commend The effort given by both teams and to both coaching staffs for an exciting game. It is easy to commend individual effort for running backs, quarterbacks, and others who run with the ball. I want to commend the effort of the guys in the trenches though. All of Whitwell's offensive lineman, especially #52, #73, opened up some huge holes. #75, #73 on defense are outstanding. Congratulations guys for your efforts. Although it doesn't feel particulary good this morning you can hold your heads up high and be proud of yourself.

All of Marion County's offensive lineman played extremely hard especially #71, #69. The biggest congratulations goes to the whole Marion County DEFENSE for holding Whitwell off the scoreboard three consecutive series deep in its own territory after fumbles which gave Whitwell a very short field to score. GREAT JOB AND EFFORT TO THESE PROUD WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!

Again I would like to say Congratulations to Coach Condra and his staff for their effort and preparation. You folks will have a great season if the guys continue to work hard. Good luck in the future games!!!!!!!!!

Also, good luck to the Warriors and their coaching staff. Coach Pruitt and his staff do a tremendous job with very young players and a tough schedule. Keep working and good things are just around the corner.

Edited by Bill#49