Injured players.

TennTarpon

Does anyone have a report on the progress of the goalie from FRA who was seriously injured (internal injuries) during the very first part of the season? What about the player from Brentwood (head trauma)? I hope I have the correct schools.

Also, I would like to know how many girls have had ACL, MCL, etc., tears this year and were these injuries the result of contact (i.e. another player landing on leg) or the result of non-contact (i.e. simply cutting). It seems as though there have been a more than usual amount of knee ligament injuries this year from what I have heard. Of course, this is nothing compared to the serious injuries sustained by the FRA and Brentwood players.

Does anyone have a report on the progress of the goalie from FRA who was seriously injured (internal injuries) during the very first part of the season?

825756731[/snapback]

Kate Woodard, FRA's starting keeper, was injured on August 13. She was released from the hospital on August 31, I think. She started attending a couple of classes a day last week. This week, she is trying to go to school half days. Overall, she is doing OK. She has lost a lot of weight and is trying to get back to a normal routine.

Mary Grace Yeager (Brentwood Player) was released from the hospital after about a 2 day stay, most of which was for observation. As a senior her soccer career is over, but there is a very good chance of no lasting effects. Yet there are never any guarantees with a head trauma. She has restrictions on her activities, such as no driving for 6 months. But, overall seems to be recovering nicely.