Polk vs. Loudon

cargotrailer

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, and I have seen Polk play. Polk is better, but good luck. I don't have a dog in the fight, but just offering my honest opinions.

825757168[/snapback]

What does Polk have (strengths etc)? Loudon's defense is tough and of course the offense rides hawkins shoulders. Recievers are quick also but the quarterback is not the most accurate passer ever.

What does Polk have (strengths etc)?  Loudon's defense is tough and of course the offense rides hawkins shoulders.  Recievers are quick also but the quarterback is not the most accurate passer ever.

825757204[/snapback]

Polk has a large line, I believe average 6'2'' 270. They only play one way. Fullback and Tailback are 6' ,205-210 and fast for their size. They have an experienced senoir QB that can run. They use a platoon system so the QB is the only player that plays both ways. The normal pattern when faced by a good team has been that the game is close at half, but then Polks size and conditioning, along with the fact that they platoon, begins to wear the opponent down.

You will have to throw to beat Polk. They run a 4-4 defense and are very tough. their line is strong but agile. On offense, they play smash mouth football. They give you several formations, but basically run same plays. they have two backs at or over 200 lbs and they run very hard, decent speed as well. if you focus too much on run, they will try to catch you napping and hit a big pass. mostly, they are happy getting 5 yards a pop and unlike some teams are disciplined enough to do it. Backs are capable of breaking long one as evidenced friday night against Grundy. They have 9 seniors starting on defense and entire backfield on offense are seniors. Very few players play both ways. good luck.

loudon wins by 14. theres no way polk county is as good as alcoa. alcoa beat the skins by 28, but 1 touchdown was basically given to them. im sorry but i seen polk play and i dont think their that good. i mean they barely got by midway in the jamboree. this is loudons fastest team in years. good luck polk, your gonna need it.

loudon wins by 14. theres no way polk county is as good as alcoa. alcoa beat the skins by 28, but 1 touchdown was basically given to them. im sorry but i seen polk play and i dont think their that good. i mean they barely got by midway in the jamboree. this is loudons fastest team in years. good luck polk, your gonna need it.

825757358[/snapback]

Loudon was down 21-0 to Alcoa EARLY in the 2nd qtr. Why did you give them a TD? Do you mean you agreed to spot them 7 before the game? No you fumbled on the first offensive plays and they scored two plays later. That counts. And if you want to compare scores, Loudon was 7-0 with Sweetwater in the 4th qtr. Walker Valley had 21 on Sweetwater in the 4th. Loudon scored 19 on Sweetwater, that puts them right up there with Tellico (16 against sweetwater), sequoyah (15 against sweetwater) and Walker Valley. Those are some high powered offenses. I'm not going to call this one, I will be pulling for Polk. But if you want to judge Polk by a jamboree game, you may want to explain the scores listed above.

You make a very good point Cargo. Maryville held Alcoa to 21 does that Mean Loudnos defense is close to being as good as Maryville? Not trying to bring Maryville into this because this is a Loudon v Polk thread. But past games can not determine another game. For example last year between Loudon and Fulton that was close some even consider that Loudon had the ball over the goal line but wasn't given the score and Fulton went on to win state but Loudon went 2-8. You can't go on past games nor paper stats just basically the game situation meaning homecoming, a rival, senior night, and etc... And this game is Homecoming for Polk so they want to win this one for the town but then again noone appreciates being a homecoming team so both teams will be bringing everything and I believe this one will be close and with Loudon losing last week they will want to rebound which is to their advantage but then again Polk doesn't play everyone both ways only very few do that so that is to their advantage. Loudon can throw and they can run but if for some reason evreything gets put on Hawkins this game could get ugly but im assuming Loudon will come out with a balanced offense which may catch Polk off guard and then get a few big runs. Polks running backs are big and with some speed and if their line even compares to Alcoas they should get atleast 4-5 yards on every carrying some may be less some may be more. This game will be a good one to watch.