Ripley @ Crocket

RipleyTiger54

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

defense was great! We gang tackled and our d-line did a great job. Also, the secondary covered well. The kids played the best I've seen this year. No one will give them credit, but this game really was won in the trenches. O-line and D-line was the key to the win. The region just got crazy with the Obion win over Covington.

I think this will be the first time these two teams have ever played each other, other than preseason . It should be one of the best game to watch. Ripley wins ,but it won't be a walk in the park it will be a battle four quarters.

Actually, this was the thrid meeting of these two teams. They met twice already in 1991 and 1992. If anyone is familiar with Crockett County football they won't be surprised that the Cavaliers lost both of those games by a combined score of 13-63.

A lot has changed in Alamo since the "dark days" of Cavalier football however and the boys proved it tonight. The Cavaliers win homecoming for the ninth consecutive season. 21-0. Wow! Even I was not expecting the Cavaliers to post a score like this. Being removed from going to the games (I'm a super senior at UT Knoxville), I was very excited to get the message from my Mom that the Cavaliers pulled out a huge win that goes a long way to securing a playoff berth. With Manassas next week and Dyer Co. the week after I look for the Cavaliers to try to rest and heal up a lot of players before finishing the season with Covington and Haywood. It should be exciting down the stretch, especially with the Obion upset tonight!

GO CAVS! and go vols too!