Powell plays at Knox Halls

fairplay2121

Im always going to back and pull for my Devils, but the past years have been bad if Coach J is here as head coach i don't see halls missing playoffs any out of the last four years but Sheppy was just coaching how he did in the 90's and he couldnt do that anymore but i wish the man all of luck because he did turn the program around. There are not many coaches period who can say they made playoffs as many of times as he did. But the Julian time has come and you have seen what he is doing, next year may be a down year because all of the talent that he is losing but don't give up on the man because he is 5 - 1 on the year and no one gave him a snowballs chance in heck to turn it around this quick but good luck to the Halls boys friday ill be there and hope to see you there!

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But the Julian time has come and you have seen what he is doing, next year may be a down year because all of the talent that he is losing but don't give up on the man because he is 5 - 1 on the year and no one gave him a snowballs chance in heck to turn it around this quick but good luck to the Halls boys friday ill be there and hope to see you there!

Exactly, Next year could be a real tough one considering the entire defense graduates. The seniors have led this team and will be sorely missed. I still think Julian will overcome the weakness next year and be solid going forward. To turn a program around and get people excited again will take longer than just one short year.

I agree men. I think next year maybe the hardest in Julian's entire career. However, I do have some hope that we may have some more kids come out for football and I can't wait to see how Julian does with an entire offseason to work with the players. (within the rules of course) There will be no interviews, no distractions, just weights, running and learning.

Fairplay that wasn't a typo in the News Sentinel today? I mean Knoxville Halls being #7 in class 4A. this week. How can that be true. If only we could achieve top ten status in the News Sentinel poll that is what really matters isn't it? But alas a unranked Farragut in 5A gets our spot in theirs. Well one day they will love us and we will be worthy. But untill then I guess we just have to stay bottom of the totem pole. Did we even get honorable mention? Oh well.

Fairplay that wasn't a typo in the News Sentinel today? I mean Knoxville Halls being #7 in class 4A. this week. How can that be true. If only we could achieve top ten status in the News Sentinel poll that is what really matters isn't it? But alas a unranked Farragut in 5A gets our spot in theirs. Well one day they will love us and we will be worthy. But untill then I guess we just have to stay bottom of the totem pole. Did we even get honorable mention? Oh well.

ZCAR, I am convinced that the News Sentinel Poll is designed to scatter votes within the subscription area as to sell newspapers everywhere. I no longer consider it a viable poll as I am sure you do not by you last post. It is humerous though.

I don't know if Halls is the 7th best 4A team in the state or not. But I predict right now that the 4th place team in our region beats the #1 4A team in Chattanooga whether it be Us or Powell.

We will have a great idea where Halls stands in the next 6 or 10 weeks.

Right now I am just excited that the state is having to consider Halls when they talk about 4A football, aren't you?

Right now I am just excited that the state is having to consider Halls when they talk about 4A football, aren't you?

All joking aside there is no doubt I'm excited. Hey and not just me everyone is talking about them RED DEVILS. Just having a little fun with you and the Sentinel. Understanding completely that most teams in the News Sentinel poll are were they should be. I just hate to be excluded from the party.

All joking aside there is no doubt I'm excited. Hey and not just me everyone is talking about them RED DEVILS. Just having a little fun with you and the Sentinel. Understanding completely that most teams in the News Sentinel poll are were they should be. I just hate to be excluded from the party.

Halls beat Sevier County 24-14 and 7 of that came late. Yet Sevier county is ranked higher...enough said about that KNS poll.

bcj40 and fairplay,

Work must come before play, and right now my shift changes dictate me working different hours. Couldnt agree more, the times change and fortunatly so do coaches. Now, granted the offense OUR Debils are running is like last year, The players have bought into KJ way of thinking and I think it is for the best.

Good luck to Coach Sheperd and may he heve success in his new job. But now is KJ time, so let's give him his due and back him 100%. Go you Red Debils Go.

predection: Halls 31 - Powell 14

nuff said,

bbs

If KJ is not coach of year in KIL, stop your subscription !

You have got to be kidding? May I be the first to burst your bubble. Granted Coach Shephard was a good man, but he just wasn't in touch with how the game is being played today. You are correct in stating the coaching staff is basically the same. But do you have a handle on how many kids now who have come out to play for a Shephard less Halls? Justin Reese is just one example. Do you really think Lockwood is going to jeopardize his future in Baseball to play football for a average team based on the last five years? Do you really believe Lucas would have passed for over 500 yards and 7 TDS on a Shephard led team this point in the season. Ask yourself why so many kids have left the Halls program the last four & five years and have flourished at Central,Powell,Fulton and yes even Maryville. Every one has a opinion on why things go bad but rebelman is saying what many have thought for a lot longer than you think. Boring football translates into I want to play somewhere else. Unfortunately, a lot of kids have. Now it's up to the coaching staff to provide a new outlook for fans,players and community pride.

precieate that ZCar. sheperd was good in his prime but I played for him and i play for G Quarles I know the diference in playing for a good coach and a bad one. So im not as ignorant as i may look.

bcj40 and fairplay,

Work must come before play, and right now my shift changes dictate me working different hours. Couldnt agree more, the times change and fortunatly so do coaches. Now, granted the offense OUR Debils are running is like last year, The players have bought into KJ way of thinking and I think it is for the best.

Good luck to Coach Sheperd and may he heve success in his new job. But now is KJ time, so let's give him his due and back him 100%. Go you Red Debils Go.

predection: Halls 31 - Powell 14

nuff said,

bbs

If KJ is not coach of year in KIL, stop your subscription !

NO offense to coach Julian. he may be first in kil but no one compares to GQ. Sorry but not every one can be as good as maryville!! :D

Edited by rebelman16

NO offense to coach Julian. he may be first in kil but no one compares to GQ. Sorry but not every one can be as good as maryville!! :thumb:

There is no comparison, because Coach Julian didn't step into a gold mine. Alot of coaches could coach at Maryville, and I don't mean to take anything away from GQ, but to step into a situation like Halls and win 7 or 8 games with this schedule is remarkable.

You should stand behind your coach and he obviously has won you over, but ANYBODY can be as good as Maryville. It may take time and effort and maybe even some rules changes on transfers but potentially anybody could become that good in time.