Crossing the line!

coachsmith81

Then go in circles with us. :D

Swing your partner dosey-do?

Or how about Billy Preston with "Will it go round in circles"?

Circle beats a square in Hollywood.

Perhaps the "circle of life"?

Circle the wagons?

How about the group "Cyrkle" ? I know you remember "Red, Rubber Ball".

And of course who could forget the classic "jerk".

Can I get in the club now?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swing your partner dosey-do?

Or how about Billy Preston with "Will it go round in circles"?

Circle beats a square in Hollywood.

Perhaps the "circle of life"?

Circle the wagons?

How about the group "Cyrkle" ? I know you remember "Red, Rubber Ball".

And of course who could forget the classic "jerk".

Can I get in the club now?

I prefer "will the circle be unbroken"...and I think you may be the classic jerk.

Sounds like all the guys on this thread know a lot about QB's! Football in general.

I am a firm believer in staying out of things and programs you dont' know about. But, I would just like to pass this senerio by you all...

I have a question for you- guys. Sounds like we have a few coaches on here also, so I think I can get some honest feedback.

I will not mentions names or coaches. Just a case here and you all fill in the blanks- Feedback- whatever.

If you had a QB that had played the position since he was 10 years old. Played and did really well- He can throw a hard ball but it don't spiral and do all that fancy stuff.

Went to Jr. High waited his turn 7th grade and started his 8th grade year... at the end of that year got all county and "MVP Offensive Back".

Then, played as a freshman, QB for his team, and at the end of that year got "Offensive MVP". His Qb coach has wonderful things to say about him. Good kid.

Waited his turn his Sophmore year and was put in when the team was winning. You know the deal?

Then, Jr. Year started on defense, cause they already have a senior to play the QB position- That is o.k. cause his dream is still be the best and get better for his senior year.

This kid, still assuming he would play QB his Senior year. Has QB on the jacket, coaches have told him he is a QB. He not only throws a decent ball but he can run. He practices his passing every weekend, afternoons and during the summer. He joins track and plays a few other sports to become even faster at his running. Never missed a practice, never missed his workouts is a good moral leader to his team- his team mates look up to him. He is never late- gives the coaches everything effort he has.

No drugs no drinking- just a good kid.

Nope, this isn't my kid or any relation. Just a senerio... or simular case-I know about.

Then, his senior year, he starts in all the scrimmages. Looks good. Newspaper talks impressively about him. He makes completions, not a sprial ball but it gets there. He runs the ball well. Bad thing is ... he has a lousy line and no blocking. Takes the sacks gets up and moves on- They are deemed to improve-right? So, take that into consideration. This kid has no indication that he is not going to be the QB his senior year.

Now, right before, lets say a week before the first game- He is called in and the coaches tell him he is not the starting QB his senior year. He is put some where else. Coaches decision-o.k. fine-

His senior team mates are crushed. He is crushed. He is replaced with a kid that throws a spiral. Good arm... (coaches clique" ) This replacement kid didn't play QB his Jr. High years. Played his freshman year, but didn't finish. Puts on a great show on the side lines as he is warming up. Has all the twists and turns and showmanship to put on a great show. Look at me.

Mean while, the kid that was tossed has to throw and warm up with him before the games. He was told he isn't the QB. He even is trying to help this kid with a few problems. He keeps a smile on his face and plays the position he has been given. How humiliating is that? Good thing I ain't playing for this deal...

Now lets see... Oh, and the kid that replaced him can't preform in the game. He is a great practice QB but not in the game.

Has at least 1 -2 interceptions per game... fumbles the ball at least once a game- and hasn't thrown 1 touch down by mid season- Balls are way over the recievers heads. The stats are so terrible that they arent listed with area stats. It is so bad the other teams being played are questioning what is going on. Sometimes it's the receivers fault and most of the time the QB's fault. Run the ball to the end zone and then the QB passes and it lands in the hand of the other team "in the end zone". All that running for nothing. Crowds are yelling out... "Just don't pass the ball."

He don't like to take a sack-will throw an interception instead.

Can't run the ball. Tries but can't- Don't have the speed.

To show off, He even tries to add a "few blocks" after he hands the ball off to help out for the sake of the team?... and stumbles on his own 2 feet and the running back has to literally run over him to move the ball.

Team mates are shaking their heads.

So, the team is left with just a passing game. They are winning with running.

The coaches are reduced to 4 or 5 passes per game, with say only 2 completions.

This has gone on over half the season. Coaches are critizied-

Whole town is talking- some positive... some not so positive. Coaches are defending their position as they take the heat. Think back to a small town where football is just life.

So, to prove their point coaches leave the kid in? At this point they are angry cause they have been questioned on the decision. They sit back and wait for an opportunity to play a team not very good to bring their QB up to par and show what he can do. The team is terrible and only won lets say, 1 game out of 8. This is just so they can always say.. look at the passes he can throw. But then reality check. Team plays the usual kinda team the next week they have to batton down the hatches for. Back to the same old thing. Running game only and passing limited.

O.k. I can't think of anything else but say... go at it and give your opinions. What do you think? Replace QB with the other kid? Replace the coaches? Replace the community? How far should coaches be allowed to go to win? In this case they aren't winning... they are just running and getting it done each week.

Is it justified as a coach to do this to a senior. Hey, I know this has happend. I have heard about it. In some cases, the kid did better being moved. And the kid that replaced them were more outstanding. What do you think folks.

:D

To whom it may concern,

I want to begin by saying that I am sorry if I crossed the line and stepped on any toes with my comments regarding Antioch High School. I was only making an observation from what I have watched the last two years. I should not be worried about what is going on at the school I graduated from and love with all my heart. C/O 2000!! Play-off teams in 97' and 99'. But focus more on the job that I have at Ezell-Harding and making those guys the best they can be and working toward a possible region 5-2A title and play-off berth. I would like to say good luck to the Bears and stay storng through the hard times and stay together. Once an bear always a bear! I will be an Antioch kid till I leave this world.

Coach Smith

Great post and apology. Your post made me think about football, being in the game....etc. That is why I have posted a senerio and asked for feedback from a coaches stand point and whoever else wanted to contribute.

:thumb:

I would play the kid that was the team player. Good attitude beats talent anyday. The kid is a winner,period. I think players should be rewarded for all the things they do, or don't ask kids to do them. I would not even let him play if he doesn't make the workouts and has not shown alot of committment. Bigchief, No furniture for you.

Edited by runtheball

This thread, crossing the line is a perfect fit for the Antioch posters, you did not have paved roads until 1960,and rode wagons to school. Then you borrow a computer, and get someone to type for you something semi - intelligent [furniture ], [cheerleader], and many other insane statements, such as [make me ]. Yeah you sure are crossing the line------- to stupid.

I would play the kid that was the team player. Good attitude beats talent anyday. The kid is a winner,period. I think players should be rewarded for all the things they do, or don't ask kids to do them. I would not even let him play if he doesn't make the workouts and has not shown alot of committment. Bigchief, No furniture for you.

Ditto that one for me coach.

This thread, crossing the line is a perfect fit for the Antioch posters, you did not have paved roads until 1960,and rode wagons to school. Then you borrow a computer, and get someone to type for you something semi - intelligent [furniture ], [cheerleader], and many other insane statements, such as [make me ]. Yeah you sure are crossing the line------- to stupid.

Hey...I'm not an Antioch guy but on behalf of all the Antioch guys...bite them...go read something else.

Eh tu, brute? Takes one to know one. If you don't get the joke, then you probably are the joke! :o:P

That's et tu, Brute...not eh tu...

Since we got stuck on our raise I can't afford any anyway. I still love 'ya. Enjoy wrestling season. :P