Real White House Football Fans

advocate23

.The freashman have a well balanced attack.Passing and rushing.They have solid "D".They havent lost a game in two years. :rolleyes:

Wouldn't the 'second year freshmen' now be sophomores? ;) Are these sophomores playing on the varsity team? (Well, now---there's your answer, let all the sophomores play).

JUST KIDDING...Porter will figure it out. Just sit back and LET him coach. :lol:

I know a friend that went all through WH schools and graduated with me from WHHS, and has kids that attend a school we play and win against EVERY year. She's my age and goes to every game cheering for players that are just her kids' FRIENDS. I don't think her kids have ever played. She just loves rooting for the school teams. I've seen her at the games when we play them, and she cheers, claps and yells for their team, just like she did when she went to school here at WHHS. I saw her one day and talked to her and she was hoarse. I asked her what happened to her voice, and she just laughed and said "somewhere deep inside, my BDP keeps coming out, it's just a different color". That's what I call spirit. Some people just never REALLY get it, and some people NEVER lose it.

Well it's not secret the team you're talking about---and I know exactly who you're talking about, WHHS1975. We have a few old WHHS alumni's over here. One was our vice-principal last year, but he moved to Heritage this year. There's still a little blue in their blood, but they do well to hide it, especially when we play WH. :P

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those of you that attend White House football games to sit on your hands and criticize the coaches are football fans.

Those who criticize the play of the team are football fans.

Those who refuse to make any noise whatsover, even on a 4th down defensive stop inside the ten yard line are football fans.

YOU ARE NOT HOWEVER, WHITE HOUSE FOOTBALL FANS ! ! ! ! ! !

I am a White House football fan.

--I stand the entire time to show support for players who also stand the whole game through.

--I cheer as loudly as I can at ALL times, regardless of the down situation.

--I arrive early and never leave early--in fact:

--I haven't left before the final horn since a 1980 game against Beech, regardless of the score.

--I actually know what the letters BDP stand for.

--I never criticize the players, coaches, play-calling, or player selection to anyone who wants to bend an ear.

I THINK IT'S HIGH TIME THAT THE TRUE WHITE HOUSE FANS MAKE THEMSELVES HEARD---AS FOR THE REST OF YOU---IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRODUCT ON THE FIELD AND A COACHING STAFF THAT HAS WON 170 GAMES IN THE PAST 18 YEARS---GO TO SOME OF THESE OTHER PROGRAMS WHERE THE FANS CAN GET EXCITED BECAUSE THEY'VE JUST FINISHED THE SEASON WITH 2 WINS ! ! ! !

Seems to me that we have to many coaches and not enough fans.Advocate some of us appreciate what you do but its just that.Its what YOU DO.Where do you get off telling the rest of us how to cheer and when to do it.You say you know what the letters BDP stand for but did you ever suit up and play.Were you there when it was created?Did you go through the program,summer work outs,2 a day practices.Were you ever fortunate enough to put on the BLUE jersey?If you are who I think you are the answer is NO.There is more to being a fan than putting bb's in a clorox bottle and shaking it as hard as you can.If you ask some of the kids,and I have they could care less what you are doing up there in your bunch.You do what you do and we'll do what we do.Thats what makes this country great.

Thank you,

A REAL BLUE DEVIL FAN AND ALUMNI

When I said the freshman have not lost a ball game in 2 years.They went unbeaten in jr.high.Yes Porter can and will make a bad decision next year.He has made one this year.Thats just my opinion.

Porter can't mess it up, he makes the product better

If this is the case Please explain the passing game.

WHAT PASSING GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest catfish-hunter

BLUE DEVIL PRIDE ITS MORE THAN A SLOGAN ITS AN ATTITUDE!!!!!!!!!

That's about right too :thumb:

When you play White House in football you'd better be ready to strap 'em up for at least 48 minutes because no matter the situation they are gonna keep coming after you.

We (Sycamore in '01) won at White House my senior year 13-12 in a game where White House played w/o their starting quarterback and their all-state tailback. That win was without question the biggest win in the history of Sycamore War Eagles Football because to win at a place like White House just doesn't happen very often. Coach Porter has a great program over their and the way that the community supports the program is simply unbelievable.

This year is a great case of that. It is a MIRACLE that tomorrow night in Nashville White House will have an opportunity to play for a Region Title.

White House Football: 1997 Class 3A State Champions

No passing game and they will key on the work horse.Ladd will get his but not sure if it will be enough.If the starting QB can manage to throw something other then INT's.If he can get some CMP's we might be OK.If he cant pass the ball we are in trouble.Maybe they should try the freshman and see what he can do.It couldnt hurt.I think this might be the QB's coming out game.Maybe he will pick them apart

Seems to me that we have to many coaches and not enough fans.Advocate some of us appreciate what you do but its just that.Its what YOU DO.Where do you get off telling the rest of us how to cheer and when to do it.You say you know what the letters BDP stand for but did you ever suit up and play.Were you there when it was created?Did you go through the program,summer work outs,2 a day practices.Were you ever fortunate enough to put on the BLUE jersey?If you are who I think you are the answer is NO.There is more to being a fan than putting bb's in a clorox bottle and shaking it as hard as you can.If you ask some of the kids,and I have they could care less what you are doing up there in your bunch.You do what you do and we'll do what we do.Thats what makes this country great.

Thank you,

A REAL BLUE DEVIL FAN AND ALUMNI

titans89- great post. While I am glad there are folks that show so much spirit and pride for their team, I am amazed at the lack of respect for others opinions on this site. It just amazes me. If you don't agree with the majority about BDP or who is playing or what kind of QB they have, then someone comes back on and clicks in their saracasm. Lets face it, we all have an opinion. That is what makes America great- :o

I know all too well about those 2 a days and hot summer workouts early in the morning and my family working around the "Dead Period" for a family vacation. That is dedication.

Now if I sit through a game away from all the noise just so I can hear the calls on the field and enjoy the game that is what I chose to do. It doesn't show that I don't have BDP-

When I said the freshman have not lost a ball game in 2 years.They went unbeaten in jr.high.Yes Porter can and will make a bad decision next year.He has made one this year.Thats just my opinion.

Porter can't mess it up, he makes the product better

If this is the case Please explain the passing game.

We knew what you meant 1989bluedevil- Did you also know that the Jr. High is undefeated so far this season. That will be last years group (freshman) and this years group that will work together and form an awesome team... Porter's Dream team is coming on up. Coaches at the Jr. High level do an awesome job with those kids- They are "ready" for High school after going through that program.

You always hear about the HIGH School Coaches, and how wonderful they are. But you never hear much about the guys that work so hard with those Jr. High kids. :o

titans89- great post. While I am glad there are folks that show so much spirit and pride for their team, I am amazed at the lack of respect for others opinions on this site. It just amazes me. If you don't agree with the majority about BDP or who is playing or what kind of QB they have, then someone comes back on and clicks in their saracasm. Lets face it, we all have an opinion. That is what makes America great- :o

I know all too well about those 2 a days and hot summer workouts early in the morning and my family working around the "Dead Period" for a family vacation. That is dedication.

Now if I sit through a game away from all the noise just so I can hear the calls on the field and enjoy the game that is what I chose to do. It doesn't show that I don't have BDP-

SAVE ME A SEAT VANDYMAN 21 ;)