DB girls soccer

maroon and grey

True dat, true dat. I was the first person at that game and yes the official had a greenville soccer tshirt on and came over and talked to me about the match. I thought he was a coach, but alas he later put on his official jersey and called the worst game I have seen. (Yes, there was really 10 min of stoppage time and yes the same official stopped play to catch his breath in the last 2 min - right in front of me!) This may be girls' season, but it shows a pattern of poor officiating in Greenville. As far as just DB fans, ask any other team that has to play there!

Maroon and Grey - see whay I mean. There have been several complaints of "poor officiating" at the recent Science Hill/DB games. Maroon and Grey - there certainly is a pattern and if you don't want to be lumped in with the group that blames every loss on the officials, injuries, weather, bird poop in my eye, whatever - then talk to your people. They are making a joke of themselves in front of the >1000 viewers on this thread.

Edited by soccer67

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True dat, true dat. I was the first person at that game and yes the official had a greenville soccer tshirt on and came over and talked to me about the match. I thought he was a coach, but alas he later put on his official jersey and called the worst game I have seen. (Yes, there was really 10 min of stoppage time and yes the same official stopped play to catch his breath in the last 2 min - right in front of me!) This may be girls' season, but it shows a pattern of poor officiating in Greenville. As far as just DB fans, ask any other team that has to play there!

One game does not make a pattern. Every team has had bad refs... it unfortunately is part of the game. Let the DB girls play their game without excuses. You aren't doing them any favors. This only gets Greeneville more pumped up to play you.

Finally, intelligent and constructive dialogue. You are right and I shouldn't generalize and I apoligize. I look forward to a good and competitive game and hopefully it's the girls playing who have the final say on who wins or loses. Good luck to both teams and whoever wins - Science Hill - look out.

You like to talk about DB overlooking greenville, but then you go and say SLAW HILL better be ready B). Are they now given a free pass??B) Looks like you need to watch what you say instead of what i say. B)

Edited by GO_DB

You like to talk about DB overlooking greenville, but then you go and say SLAW HILL better be ready B). Are they now given a free pass??B) Looks like you need to watch what you say instead of what i say. B)

You're right. I should not assume Science Hill will beat Morristown West. Anybody can beat anybody on any given day. You got me there.

At least the 'always-complaining, excuse-making' DB fans show some evidence to the accusations of bad reffing. Good luck tonight ladies. Roll Tribe!!!

Edited by maroon and grey

At least there is evidence to the accusations of bad reffing. Good luck tonight ladies. Roll Tribe!!!

Evidence? What evidence. Again excuses. The ref dosn't just "add" stoppage time at his discretion. Were you keeping the official time? And as far as "giving" the PK - the kid got creamed in the box by 2 DB players. As far as the ref being out of breath - every person on that field was sucking wind at the end of that game - ref, players and fans. It was an example of a team playing with all its intensity to win to the very end. Bad reffing? Seems like you are a victim of "bad reffing" in the majority of your games - not just greenville's. Maybe you need to look at your manner of playing. Case in point - your present result of " bad reffing" resulting in the most recent red card against SH. Red cards are given for inappropriate play/behavior or just dumb play.

Go Lady Devils.

Edited by soccer67

Not only is the Tribe's leading scorer, also District 1 Offensive Player of the Year, playing injured, but the District 1 Defensive Player of the Year got hurt too. The Indians will win a hard-fought match with Greeneville, then beast "the Hill" :thumb:

I would also like to present the Science Hill parents with the "Redneck Fan" award when 50 year old men stand up and lead the handful of students and parents in cheers.

Seems Dobbyns Bennett has some contenders for the "Redneck Fan" award. My vote goes to the DB fan who got up out of his chair to start a fight with some Greeneville fans towards the end of the game.

Fact and moral is - there are jerks at every game - don't assume your people are saints.

Also - you had one starter out and we had one starter out - we were even tonight. No excuses please.

Edited by soccer67