Cumberland Gap vs. North Greene

Shotdoc

The boys from CG are going into this region game coming off a 60-6 shellacking of Thomas Walker,VA. There was never a doubt on Friday of who would win. The only question was if everybody would get in the game! But now it's back to a more serious week. North Greene is 4-3, new to the region, and are a pretty good team from what I hear. They have put up some big rushing #'s this season and it will be a tough task for the Panther D to slow them down. They have a big challenge in front of them this week. Can they step up to the challenge and keep this momentum up? I expect them to keep their focus and be ready on Friday. Not sure about the North Greene D, but I expect the Panther Offense to keep on keepin on and do their thing. They get better every week and I don't expect anything less this week. :thumb: CG will win this one but it won't be easy.

CG-42

NG-14

Panther Pride!!!!!!!

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not even going to question your prediction shotdoc! You were a lot closer on the Happy Valley outcome than I was.

This is another big Region 1AA game, and the Panthers just need to stay focused. I'm glad that they are home for 2 of the last 3 games.

You can listen to the game on WLMU 91.3 FM, or if you're stuck at home and out of range, we will also be on the internet at http://radio.lmunet.edu.

I'm not positive yet, but I might be going to Gatlinburg next week for a remote broadcast too. The home games are definite broadcasts.

Tell anybody that might be away at college, or in the military that the internet broadcast is worldwide.

I'm not even going to question your prediction shotdoc! You were a lot closer on the Happy Valley outcome than I was.

This is another big Region 1AA game, and the Panthers just need to stay focused. I'm glad that they are home for 2 of the last 3 games.

You can listen to the game on WLMU 91.3 FM, or if you're stuck at home and out of range, we will also be on the internet at http://radio.lmunet.edu.

I'm not positive yet, but I might be going to Gatlinburg next week for a remote broadcast too. The home games are definite broadcasts.

Tell anybody that might be away at college, or in the military that the internet broadcast is worldwide.

Will the CG vs GP game be on the radio or internet? I'd like to listen to it since I probably won't be able to make it to Gatlinburg.

hey guys new to forum but i am a nghs player we plan on putting up a fight but we arnt gonna run our mouthes because we are the underdogs plus last time we ran our mouths it didnt make us look to smart but it does make us look stupid so i hope we have a good game against yall and good luck to you all

ng-21

cg-14

hey guys new to forum but i am a nghs player we plan on putting up a fight but we arnt gonna run our mouthes because we are the underdogs plus last time we ran our mouths it didnt make us look to smart but it does make us look stupid so i hope we have a good game against yall and good luck to you all

ng-21

cg-14

No running of the mouths on our side either!!! Our team plays hard and is a class act, just as yours seems to be. I hope that this is a good game by both teams. However, I hope the Gap wins it in the end!! Best of luck to you guys on every game but 1 this season!!! :P nghs_65, can you tell us a little about your team. You are new to CGHS' region and we fans would like some background info on you so we can know what kind of game to look for on Friday. Anyway, best of luck to ya and have a safe trip down.

CG-42

NG-14

Panther Pride!!!!!

I've been following the Greene County teams for about a year now in the Greenville Sun Online. They do a really good job of reporting on North Greene, South Greene, West Greene, Greeneville, and East Greene (sorry Chuckey-Doak fans, I couldn't resist the temptation).

They also cover the Tusculum College Pioneers. Freshman Corey Russell of Cumberland Gap is now the starting QB, after a wrist injury to Senior Cody Baugh from Greeneville High.

The link is http://www.greene.xtn.net/index.php?templa...ory=Sports+News.

The North Greene Huskies started out 4-0, but have lost 3 in a row, and stand 1-2 in Region 1AA. They fell to Happy Valley last week 35-0, and really need a couple of wins to stay in the post season picture.

David Lynch had 64 yards on 18 carries against H-V. That was more than half of the 121 total yards posted by the Huskies.

I don't think the Huskies will win this next one at Cumberland Gap, but I also want to wish them well in the rest of their games.

Edited by The Sports Guy

Will the CG vs GP game be on the radio or internet? I'd like to listen to it since I probably won't be able to make it to Gatlinburg.

We're scheduled to do the Middlesboro vs Breathitt Co. game next week, but we will only go over there if they provide us a phone line. Our cellular service was less than desirable on the first Middlesboro game that we covered.

I will let everyone here know for sure, as soon as the final decision is made.

If I go to Gatlinburg, I will probably be alone. The camera crew will follow Adam Haley to a different game.

TBA

ng-21

cg-14

Welcome aboard nghs_65. We don't believe in trash talk either.

Do you have anybody signed, or any good prospects that need to be talked up?

I have read a little about David Lynch. Who are your other star players? If YOU are one of them, don't be modest, just factual.

:P

i am not a starter i am just a sophamore i plan being a starter in the future we are the smallest region1AA team but we come fighting we arnt the best but we can play ball watch our back field roll and do a good job all our players on our team are good we just have alot of injuries

oh yea... good luck to you guys for the rest of the season :rolleyes:

NG:21

CG:14