the playoff format for DII

the muffin man

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the tssaa website said that 8 teams from d2-a, d2-aa, and d2-aaa are going, yet that is somewhat understandable for d2-a with 10 teams, but what of d2-aa with only 6 that will be intersting to see how that works out, then d2-aaa has only 8 teams and all the teams would go to the playoffs

Could you post a link?

My understanding is that a team has to win at least 50% of its scheduled games to qualify in any of the three classes. In AAA, I think, if a team wins three games against DII-AAA opponents, even if those aren't "region" games, that team will qualify.

In AAA, as it appears now, barring a couple of upsets, Father Ryan (3-4) will miss out. Briarcrest (4-4) needs to upset BA or MUS to qualify. Baylor (4-3) needs a win against Father Ryan, Coffee County, or MBA to qualify. BA (4-3) is not in yet but will be by beating Briarcrest, Father Ryan, or CBHS. MUS, CBHS, MBA, and McCallie have clinched berths.

That's my interpretation; I could be incorrect.

Edited by rollredroll

Could you post a link?
yea sure here is the post-season information for all schools in d1 and d2

playoff info

Go to the part were it tells of the brakets, and it gives you an 8 team braket

My understanding is that a team has to win at least 50% of its scheduled games to qualify in any of the three classes. In AAA, I tkink, if a team wins three games against DII-AAA opponents, even if those aren't "region" games, that team will qualify.

In AAA, as it appears now, barring a couple of upsets, Father Ryan (3-4) will miss out. Briarcrest (4-4) needs to upset BA or MUS to qualify. Baylor (4-3) needs a win against Father Ryan, Coffee County, or MBA to qualify. BA (4-3) is not in yet but will be by beating Briarcrest, Father Ryan, or CBHS. MUS, CBHS, MBA, and McCallie have clinched berths.

That's my interpretation; I could be incorrect.

That is what i thought also, this is what makes me confused

yea sure here is the post-season information for all schools in d1 and d2

playoff info

Go to the part were it tells of the brakets, and it gives you an 8 team braket

That is what i thought also, this is what makes me confused

Thanks.

My guess is that those are just generic brackets for now and will be modified according to the regulations set forth in the handbook.

Thanks.

My guess is that those are just generic brackets for now and will be modified according to the regulations set forth in the handbook.

I miss the old days when a team had to earn their way to the playoffs. If all you have to do is .500 during your regular season, I don't call that earning your way.

If they take 8 of the 9 teams, well that's a sad format for a state.

I miss the old days when a team had to earn their way to the playoffs. If all you have to do is .500 during your regular season, I don't call that earning your way.

If they take 8 of the 9 teams, well that's a sad format for a state.

Me, too.

So, how many 2-8 and 3-7 teams in Division I do you think will "earn their way" into the playoffs this year? It happens every year. Talk about sad.

Ok Here is how Div-2 Works straight from TSSAA site.

http://tssaa.org/Handbook/football.pdf (See page3)

All Div-2 will start with a 4 team bracket Then they will add any team that was won at least 50% of thier schedled games.

In Div2 AAA you get in if you win 3 Div2-AAA games or 50% of the Scheduled games...so here you could acutally be 3-7 and still get in if your wins come in Div2-AAA

Div2-AAA

McCallie AAA 3-0 /5-2

MUS AAA 3-1 / 7-1

CBHS AAA 3-1 /7- 1

MBA AAA 2-1 / 6-2

Are in so far

Div2-AA

ECS AA 3-0 / 6-1

Knoxville Webb AA 3-0 / 6-1

In so far

Div2-A

Davidson Academy A 5-0 / 5-2

FACS A 5-1 / 6-1

Bishop Byrne A 5-1 / 6-1

Are in

The Only Team to be Eliminated So far is "David Brainerd" All the rest of Div2 teams have a shot ....but some are longer than others.

How do you think Davidson Academy will finish the year? Since they do have their 3 harderst region games left (Rosemark, Bishop Byrne, and FACS). To be honest, I think they might lose 1. Maybe 2. These next 3 weeks are crucial for DII-A. This will determine who plays who for the playoffs, and possibly for state.

I think they Beat Rosemark by 10 squeak out a win with Bishop and lose a close one to FACS. #2 seed in Division.

Me, too.

So, how many 2-8 and 3-7 teams in Division I do you think will "earn their way" into the playoffs this year? It happens every year. Talk about sad.

Once again. They will take the top 4 teams and then if others win at least half their games, they can come along as well. I would rather it be set in the beginning that they will take the top 4. EARN your way to one of the top 4 spots. PERIOD!!!

In Div IIA this year there are 9 teams which could advance to the playoffs. There could be possibly 7 teams advance. A region that takes 7 out of 9 teams???? That's crazy.

Once again. They will take the top 4 teams and then if others win at least half their games, they can come along as well. I would rather it be set in the beginning that they will take the top 4. EARN your way to one of the top 4 spots. PERIOD!!!

In Div IIA this year there are 9 teams which could advance to the playoffs. There could be possibly 7 teams advance. A region that takes 7 out of 9 teams???? That's crazy.

This is what the public schools wanted, because they couldn't beat the private schools.

Write your congressman. :P