franklin vs. brentwood

ibreakthelaw19

well i must say. it is quite strange not watching franklin play in state, or even, regions for that matter. But , these girls have shown a lot of class about it. And personally, in my mind, if they had been in any other district, they would have gone on. No question. Congrats girls on a great season, and you all must have had the hardest district around! Keep your heads high!!

They might have shown a lot of class about losing; however, they didnt the rest of the year. They have some dirty players that played far from classy. Im personaly very happy to see brentwood win and i hope they make it all the way to state!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They might have shown a lot of class about losing; however, they didnt the rest of the year. They have some dirty players that played far from classy. Im personaly very happy to see brentwood win and i hope they make it all the way to state!!

i think you need to find out waht the definition of dirty is....franklin has had class all season long. If you're referring to some run-ins with goal keepers when u say dirty then you are definitely mistaken.

i think you need to find out waht the definition of dirty is....franklin has had class all season long. If you're referring to some run-ins with goal keepers when u say dirty then you are definitely mistaken.

im not just talking about the goal keeper. there were comments made on the field that could have been left out. i watched them play a few games and talked to players and heard nothign but negative comments about a few of there players. I wasnt talkign about the whole team. I know a handful of girls off that team and they are classy players. Its just they have a few that bring the crowd down. But i guess you find those in almost every team.

I've heard quite a bit about Franklin this year. I've seen them play, and at times I have seen them play some very good soccer. I have not heard them described as classy by anyone, but I have heard a lot of negative discussion about one of their players and it did not center just around one hit/collision/foul/great play/or whatever else you may call it...most of the discussion was regarding language and cheap hits or taunting....that is the kind of negative activity that can turn unbiased fans against a team and result in a negative image...and consequently a great deal of the excitement that so many people seem to express about Franklin's year ending earlier than they possibly anticipated. Perhaps I'll see Frankin play good soccer next year...with class in doing so...that would be very positive and a change from what I witnessed this year.

Edited by flashgordon

I've heard quite a bit about Franklin this year. I've seen them play, and at times I have seen them play some very good soccer. I have not heard them described as classy by anyone, but I have heard a lot of negative discussion about one of their players and it did not center just around one hit/collision/foul/great play/or whatever else you may call it...most of the discussion was regarding language and cheap hits or taunting....that is the kind of negative activity that can turn unbiased fans against a team and result in a negative image...and consequently a great deal of the excitement that so many people seem to express about Franklin's year ending earlier than they possibly anticipated. Perhaps I'll see Frankin play good soccer next year...with class in doing so...that would be very positive and a change from what I witnessed this year.

Sounds valid....whos the "dirty" player you are referring to?

I believe we all know who is being discussed right now. Whether this conversation should continue I will leave up to you. Being a senior on the Franklin team I would like to consider most of our players very classy with a lot of sportsmanship. I'm not afraid to voice my opinion on this matter. The player who is being marked as a so called "dirty" player has had some questionable actions but I am on her side throughout everything. I was at every game, I saw every play, and I heard everything that was said. Was it right for her to say some of the things she said, no. Do a lot of players do it, yes. Now, I am not saying just because others do it she or anyone else for that matter has the right to talk trash. Let me tell you this much, when things are said and are passed around the words get changed up a bit. When I step onto that field with the rest of the team I expect complete focus and dedication to go out there and get the job done. I think over the past four years I have played for the Lady Rebels we have earned our respect on the field. I show respect to each team I play and ask for as much respect back. We're out there to play the game and it is an event to be enjoyed. In the heat of the moment things are said. I have found myself saying things as well whether i meant them or not. I think the talk of players on my team needs to stop as of now. You're aloud to say what you wish but the things that are said on CoachT are not going to change the way a player plays. You might make her think about it a little more but the probability that what she does change is slim to none. We had a great year with downfalls here and there but our team has earned the respect and I ask for it now by asking each of you to stop the gossip and let the past be in the past. Great season Franklin and I love you all to death. Also, good luck to the upcoming seniors. I pray for the best for our Williamson County teams going to state. I look forward to next year and coming back to enjoy some great and exciting games. Good luck Centennial and Brentwood the rest of the year and I will see you on the basketball court.

I believe we all know who is being discussed right now. Whether this conversation should continue I will leave up to you. Being a senior on the Franklin team I would like to consider most of our players very classy with a lot of sportsmanship. I'm not afraid to voice my opinion on this matter. The player who is being marked as a so called "dirty" player has had some questionable actions but I am on her side throughout everything. I was at every game, I saw every play, and I heard everything that was said. Was it right for her to say some of the things she said, no. Do a lot of players do it, yes. Now, I am not saying just because others do it she or anyone else for that matter has the right to talk trash. Let me tell you this much, when things are said and are passed around the words get changed up a bit. When I step onto that field with the rest of the team I expect complete focus and dedication to go out there and get the job done. I think over the past four years I have played for the Lady Rebels we have earned our respect on the field. I show respect to each team I play and ask for as much respect back. We're out there to play the game and it is an event to be enjoyed. In the heat of the moment things are said. I have found myself saying things as well whether i meant them or not. I think the talk of players on my team needs to stop as of now. You're aloud to say what you wish but the things that are said on CoachT are not going to change the way a player plays. You might make her think about it a little more but the probability that what she does change is slim to none. We had a great year with downfalls here and there but our team has earned the respect and I ask for it now by asking each of you to stop the gossip and let the past be in the past. Great season Franklin and I love you all to death. Also, good luck to the upcoming seniors. I pray for the best for our Williamson County teams going to state. I look forward to next year and coming back to enjoy some great and exciting games. Good luck Centennial and Brentwood the rest of the year and I will see you on the basketball court.

A nice response, you sound like a young lady with class and I respect that you stand behind your teammate, but I stand by everything I said and what I saw. There is a very clear line between being competitive and what has been done this year (This is not new. I've seen it on the football field, soccer field, basketball court, etc. Generally when some coach tolerates ill-behavior it is in hope to keep a good athlerte on the field and improve his record)....it would be a good thing for it to be controlled and that is generally up to a coach to control it. We'll have to see what happens next year, this is old news and Franklin's year is over for now.

A nice response, you sound like a young lady with class and I respect that you stand behind your teammate, but I stand by everything I said and what I saw. There is a very clear line between being competitive and what has been done this year (This is not new. I've seen it on the football field, soccer field, basketball court, etc. Generally when some coach tolerates ill-behavior it is in hope to keep a good athlerte on the field and improve his record)....it would be a good thing for it to be controlled and that is generally up to a coach to control it. We'll have to see what happens next year, this is old news and Franklin's year is over for now.

Okay, I have been sitting back over the last few days watching these posts regarding Franklin coming primarily from you and one other. You are painting the whole Franklin program and all the Franklin girls in a negative way due to the alledged actions of one Franklin girl. If we have such a young lady on our team that is doing these things you say, I very much regret it. There is no place in sports for such actions, although we see it everyday at all levels. Believe me when I say that I have seen players from other teams (even yours) who both play dirty and talk dirty.

As a Franklin parent, I have followed the Franklin program the last few years, and in particular, the last four years. The girls have a lot to live up to and have generally done so with class over these last four years. Two state championships out of the last four years isn't too bad. The last 2 years have been very frustrating. If you can't score consistently, you can't win big games consistently.

Nonetheless, this group of seniors added to the school's soccer legacy and will leave it with 10 state championships and 2 state runnerups. Now, we are off to play and watch college soccer.

Finally, if you have a beef with one of our players as you seem to, speak to her directly. Leave the Franklin program and the other Franklin players out of it. CoachT has rules in place with regard to negative posts, particularly those that are repetitive as are yours.

Okay, I have been sitting back over the last few days watching these posts regarding Franklin coming primarily from you and one other. You are painting the whole Franklin program and all the Franklin girls in a negative way due to the alledged actions of one Franklin girl. If we have such a young lady on our team that is doing these things you say, I very much regret it. There is no place in sports for such actions, although we see it everyday at all levels. Believe me when I say that I have seen players from other teams (even yours) who both play dirty and talk dirty.

As a Franklin parent, I have followed the Franklin program the last few years, and in particular, the last four years. The girls have a lot to live up to and have generally done so with class over these last four years. Two state championships out of the last four years isn't too bad. The last 2 years have been very frustrating. If you can't score consistently, you can't win big games consistently.

Nonetheless, this group of seniors added to the school's soccer legacy and will leave it with 10 state championships and 2 state runnerups. Now, we are off to play and watch college soccer.

Finally, if you have a beef with one of our players as you seem to, speak to her directly. Leave the Franklin program and the other Franklin players out of it. CoachT has rules in place with regard to negative posts, particularly those that are repetitive as are yours.

Your own player is the one who said "everyone knows who we're talking about" and winning two state championships does not have a thing to do with what we're discussing (congratualtions). Also it is not up to outsiders who are exposed to these actions to clean it up...its up to those inside...and it always starts at the top. If your own players recognize it is there....then my guess is the coach is well aware also. I hope it changes.

I talked to a coach tonight and even discussed this topic. He said that it is up to her to change the way she plays and talks. Unless you would like to go up to this player and talk to her face to face let's leave this conversation off the message boards. It is of no concern to many people on here and you talking back about her on here to where a lot of people can read it is just as bad as her talking trash on the field. Let's show respect to each individual player and back off from this topic and not discuss it again. Season is over for us which is bad enough. Let's not make it worse for anyone else by talking bad about individuals or teams. Show some respect please. Again I say, GO Williamson County Soccer!!! We are all praying and cheering for you!