Johnson County-anderson County

Dukie

Indeed. And Goodpasture 2003. Nobody saw either of those teams coming.

And don't be so negative all the time, Jack.

Don't believe Goodpasture won state in 2003...think that was Page's last year as state champs. But Goodpasture did make it to the finals.

I must say I'm always amazed at how the AC fans (Ghost & Mav), are always stating that they are doing things with freshman and sophomores and 12 girls playing at all times. It gets a bit confusing to hear this type of rhetoric on a year to year basis. Maybe that plays into some of the comments posted in regards to AC volleyball. You might get a different set of responses if the tone of the replies didn't seem somewhat skewed to how they do amazing things with underclassmen and rotating in the whole team. If you follow volleyball you realize this doesn't make much sense nor does it work out in the end. I think AC has had an amazing run and they make the most of the talent their girls have year in and year out. They are to be commended. Let's see how state plays out for everyone and good luck to all!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gee guys/gals, whatever...so much animosity

i have to agree getting there is the battle, not how you got there. the sectionals came out as i had hoped... AC and Knox Catholic representing region 1 & 2... plus it shows how tough the district schedule really was in preparing both for their run to the "big dance". the two best teams did come out of district 4

as for JackSparrow, please dont compare him to me...

Indeed. And Goodpasture 2003. Nobody saw either of those teams coming.

And don't be so negative all the time, Jack.

Sorry TGLJ. I don't mean to be negative, it's just that I am a realist. I just know that there is a glass, I don't care whether it's half empty or half full -- that's something others must decide for themselves.

Old school- I was trying to say that Goodpasture was a suprise to get to finals. They were the only team at that point to ever take a game off Page at any point in the off-season (game 2 of the finals, I believe). Simply for taking a game off of Page at that point in time was an accomplishment all to itself!

Jack- Fair enough. I'm a realist too, but it seems like you're constantly picking at AC all the time. I'm just asking for you to smooth out the edges and your commentary will be better received.

Announcements