Gallatin Vs Mcgavock

Gtowner

Green Wave Stadium has been called the Pit mostly during the 80's and 90's. The Wave Yard from the 90's to present via Skip Sparkman. And the Hilltop back in the 50's and 60's. Personally I could care less. But it has always been known as a tough place to play. Now Lifer may not think so but the other 99% will disagree. While not as hard as it use to be it still ranks very high on almost everybody's list.

I hope for a good crowd as well. Metro schools traditionally do not bring many, maybe with the other schools playing Thursday and there being something on the line in this game tradition will be broken.

On another note, I wasn't impressed by Antioch at all when we played them. And if their line can whip McGavock up front than maybe we have a shot. I will take our linebackers speed any day of the week. But the game will be won or lost due to Gallatin's offensive woes or lack there of. Turnovers will tell the story of this game. And Gallatin has been giving out those presents all year long.

I didn't say it wasn't tough...just not as tough as Gallatin people like to think...it is a FANTASTIC atmosphere though, no doubt about that. I've seen Antioch play 4 times this year and the Gallatin game was the worst I've seen them play up front...of course I didn't see the Hillwood game...that couldn't have been too good, but everyone has a bad night. I think the key is to do exactly what Antioch did against McGavock...run right at them. I thought they had a great game plan that night and their kids played their butts off. It was the best game I've seen this year. If Gallatin can run at them as successfully as AHS did and keep their offense off the field, GHS will win...I'm just not sure GHS can handle the speed. Whatever the outcome, I think it will be a great game to watch.

Edited by Lifer

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic