Oneida

Image05

People make me so mad by saying Cosby wont be good this year by the way they played at summer camps.People that think that have lost their mind.they are playing as a team now and Timmy will dunk on this Melton kid,Trust me i know.Blakley SHOULD get the region MVP hands down,but that dont matter to them they are about winning.They have a very solid team with Blakely,Manning,Jenkins,Rone,they are as solid as any team around.Cant wait to come to good ole Oneida for the region tourney. ;)

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best player that oneida will have this year will be a zacch lambert and Benji Jacobs this year i saw him get dominated by sumbody during the summer that wasnt half has good as some of the players they will be facing and also they need to get freshmen caleb laxton to play he is a real good ball handler and shooter

Now I don't know much, but I know Benji is a good player. I think both he and Zach will most likely carry the team in scoring this year. I played with Benji for two years and I don't mind saying that I wasn't that great. Benji is 6'1 6'2 tops and has more ability in his little finger than I ever had and I started for the Indians last year. If Benji was getting dominated, which is unlikely to begin with, then he has a pretty good excuse. He's 6'2 with bad knees, what do you expect him to do in the post? Then he comes out and is usually the best player on the floor becasue he's the smartest player out there. If they can get someone to get him the ball then they'll be fine. Benji plays with more heart than anybody I've ever played with, the kid won't give up. You can say all you want, but Benji's a good ball player because he's worked his butt off to be the best.

People make me so mad by saying Cosby wont be good this year by the way they played at summer camps.People that think that have lost their mind.they are playing as a team now and Timmy will dunk on this Melton kid,Trust me i know.Blakley SHOULD get the region MVP hands down,but that dont matter to them they are about winning.They have a very solid team with Blakely,Manning,Jenkins,Rone,they are as solid as any team around.Cant wait to come to good ole Oneida for the region tourney. :thumb:

Timmy Blakely is a good player i will agree with you there, but dunk on Melton, "I Don't Think So." Watching Melton against Blakely and Shannon against Manning will be a treat.

The best player that oneida will have this year will be a zacch lambert and Benji Jacobs this year i saw him get dominated by sumbody during the summer that wasnt half has good as some of the players they will be facing and also they need to get freshmen caleb laxton to play he is a real good ball handler and shooter

I think that benji is the best player on oneida's team this year and if he is 100% i think he should be gettin the ball almost every offense play that the indians have. He is just a junior so after carrying the indians on his shoulders this year it should make him 2 times as good next year. I heard that Zach was playing but not starting for the indians but i think he'll work his way up there and he'll be starting in no time. And sry clint eastwood but i aint gonna playin anytime soon. :thumb:

Tonight Oneida played William Blount and they are a pretty good team i guess, but oneida lost big in this one. It was around a 30 to 40 point loss dont quite remember but William Blount is a bigger school also. I am still expecting oneida to win 10 to 12 game this year.

WB has 1600+ sutdents, Oneida has under 400. However, that is not an excuse, as the Oneida girls should have beat WB girls last night. The game went into overtime, the lady indians lost, but they out played WB lady govs all night. Size of the school does matter, but it's not an excuse.

Oneida obviously has a long way to go, but they will improve. It all depends on how the team views losses. Either as just another loss, or a chance to improve. It's up to them. Losses should hurt, and this one certainly did, but it's the opportunity to improve that should be taken from this game. Give WB credit, they are very good team.

I'm inerested in seein how this team bounces back from a tough loss. They play Rutledge tonight at Anderson County @ 5:30.

It was a tough loss for Oneida last night. Any time you lose by that many points it is going to be hard on you. However, WB was a very good team and they were also very strong inside and out. Not only did they outshoot Oneida but they out muscled them. That can kind of be expected from a school that big. Oneida was very rusty because several of their players had not played in some time, (Lambert 2 years, Crowley 2 years, Jacobs nearly a year). I feel Oneida will be ok once they can settle into their rotation, because it is still a little early to know who is going to be productive. Tonight we should find out a little more about this team. Good luck, play hard.

• 2 weeks later...

i think oneida is obviously down in talent this year. william blount is a good team. should a 1A team be able to stay within 40 of a 3A school, i think so. in fact, anderson county defeated william blount with one of the youngest teams in years. so, i think oneida doesnt have alot. they will be well coached w/ coach windle, but look for them not to be able to compete with oliver springs, wartburg, rockwood.

J_dubz, You are right. 1A schools can compete with 3A schools, if they are talented enough, and experienced enough. Two years ago, Oneida only lost by 10, and had chances to win vs. WB. Oneida is typically known for playing "up" and trying to find AA and AAA teams to play. Some games they, some games they lose. However, this year, I wouldn't say the talent is down, just not experienced. These group of young men will learn how to win, and how to play together, and what their coach wants as the season goes on.

I look for them to be .500 at the break, and look to make a solid run after Christmas. They will improve as a team everyday, if they view everyday as a chance to improve.