Cumberland Gap Vs. West Greene

Shotdoc

Well this is it for the regular season. West Greene comes rollin into town to take on the Panthers in CG's regular season home finale. It's also Senior Night at the Gap. This could be a distraction for the Panthers. But these guys have shown over and over that they have been able to keep their focus in these kind of games. By that I mean, games they should win. CG is 8-1, region champs, and have homefield all the way through the playoffs. West Greene is 0-9 no playoffs. So this game has no meaning....right? WRONG!!!!Last year, West Greene was 0-9 and CG was 3-6 going into this game. West Greene beat the Panthers 15-14. So you can bet that the Panthers will not look over the Buffs this year and I think they will beat them and ride into the playoffs on a 9 game winning streak. Take care of business this week guys and go get'em. :D

CG-56

WG-6

Panther Pride!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if you have read the thread about points scored/given up.

I ran the numbers on West Greene, and they have given up 438 points this season. If the Panthers put up 62, they will have given up 500 points, or 50 points per game on average.

I know that's a place in history that the Buffs don't want to achieve.

I also know that playing at half speed against a team playing their hearts out will get someone hurt, so the Panthers need to come out full bore for the sake of safety.

If Mark Hassler (#7) comes in at QB in the 2nd half, look for him to continue putting numbers on the scoreboard. This kid is a pure athlete. I have been told that this is his first year in a football uniform. It's impossible to watch him and believe that statement.

Edited by The Sports Guy

i know that the buffs are having a hard time this year with mostly freshman..just think in years to come they should be awesome.with that said not wanting to put them down but seeing how most their o and d are freshmen...

cg-59

wg-0

good luck to both teams..west greene stay focused and keep hitting the weight room and practicing and you all will have it in years to come..would love to see it...

Oops!

You all might already know about it, but I promised to tell everyone about the Pep Rally & Bonfire.

It will be Thursday night 10/27/05 from 6:00 until 8:30 at CGHS

I hope to be there, but I will have to bring 3 of my 5 Grandchildren, ages 3, 2, and 8 months. The girls would love it, but the baby would be hard to deal with if it's too cold.

Oops!

You all might already know about it, but I promised to tell everyone about the Pep Rally & Bonfire.

It will be Thursday night 10/27/05 from 6:00 until 8:30 at CGHS

I hope to be there, but I will have to bring 3 of my 5 Grandchildren, ages 3, 2, and 8 months. The girls would love it, but the baby would be hard to deal with if it's too cold.

Yes thank you. I heard about it. It will be for the whole community and they are urged to attend. They tell me that there will also be a street dance immediately following the event out in the parking lot!! Sounds like fun. It's good to see so much enthusiasm in the community!!!

Panther Pride!!!

All I can say is good luck to both teams and hopefully, there will be no major injuries in this last regular season game. I know that it will mean a lot to the seniors, since this will be their last regular season H. S. football game, and it will leave memories for the rest of their lives. It would just be bad to remember this game as the one that caused a major injury to any of them.

As for West Greene, it reminds me of the Panthers last year. If I recall correctly, it wasn't the best year for them because of so many graduating Seniors the previous year, and causing this to be a rebuilding year. What a difference a year makes. I am sure things will be better for WG next year and for the next couple years to come. Good luck to both teams and the graduating Seniors.

Sports Guy, I think I know who you are. If I am correct and you understand this, you should know who I am too. I also know the difference in a looper and a crossflow. :thumb: Put on your thinking cap.

All I can say is good luck to both teams and hopefully, there will be no major injuries in this last regular season game. I know that it will mean a lot to the seniors, since this will be their last regular season H. S. football game, and it will leave memories for the rest of their lives. It would just be bad to remember this game as the one that caused a major injury to any of them.

As for West Greene, it reminds me of the Panthers last year. If I recall correctly, it wasn't the best year for them because of so many graduating Seniors the previous year, and causing this to be a rebuilding year. What a difference a year makes. I am sure things will be better for WG next year and for the next couple years to come. Good luck to both teams and the graduating Seniors.

Sports Guy, I think I know who you are. If I am correct and you understand this, you should know who I am too. I also know the difference in a looper and a crossflow. :thumb: Put on your thinking cap.

Do you have 2 sons and a daughter, and your sons no longer play football?

That's me. Oldest son was a member of the CG founding team. I have been busy trying to put that fire out that is on the water. :o if you recall what you said to me about 6-7 years ago when I was at Billy's. Good to hear from you.

You too pal! Good luck with that fire!

Loopers and Crossflows? What in the world are these guys smoking? LOL

B)B)

Edited by The Sports Guy