Cumberland Gap Vs. West Greene

Shotdoc

Forget about what happens in a few weeks, I am looking forward to tonights game. I can't wait to see the Panthers back on the field. It seems like forever since they played!!!! I also hear they got a few offensive surprises to throw at ya this week. :D It oughta be a great night at the Gap, and a big night for the Seniors at CGHS. Panthers win big! :thumb:

CG-56

WG-6

Panther Pride!!!!!!!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final 60-13.

There's not a lot more to say about this game!

I was really disappointed that West Greene scored on a kickoff return against the Panthers first string special teams. # 12, Micah Mocier is quick, but not that quick. It was poor coverage all the way. First the Panthers overran the play, and nobody stayed deep in the middle. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong! You can't get away with that against anybody, and the Buffs made them pay.

On a positive note; I liked the team play from Zeth Clemons when he ran untouched from the 15 for an apparent TD, but made a cut, and ran 20 more yards to the sidelines, then stepped out at the 1.

He did that so his high school team mate for 4 years, including 1 year at Powell Valley, Chad Hall could get the score.

Chad was an incredible lineman his sophomore season, and appeared destined for first team All-State honors before he graduated. He sat out much of last season with a torn meniscus in one knee, and went down in game 2 this season with the same type injury in his other knee. I thought we wouldn't see him on the field again.

Congratulations #76! I don't know how many TD's you have in your career, but you certainly earned the one on Senior Night!

Later in the game, Justin Peters also gave up a TD by stepping out at the 1, but Brad Beason had to carry it in before a delay was called. Sometimes you just can't get those defensive linemen lined up properly in the offensive backfield! :lol:

I owe everybody who listened to our broadcast an apology from last night. In our post-game wrap up we were given bad information, and reported it as fact.

Pigeon Forge scored late, and defeated Claiborne 21-19.

Gibbs lost, so the Tigers finished 3rd, and the Bulldogs 4th in Region 1AAA.

Sorry about the mix-up! Thanks to Seymour for bailing us out when we said that both Pigeon Forge and Claiborne were in the play-offs.

Edited by The Sports Guy

I owe everybody who listened to our broadcast an apology from last night. In our post-game wrap up we were given bad information, and reported it as fact.

Pigeon Forge scored late, and defeated Claiborne 21-19

No problem. You had me going though. I was listening to the broadcast, and immediately posted the final scores here on the board. Next thing I know, Knoxville's TV Sportscasts had the 21-19 scores showing at the bottom of the screen. TSSAA's site was showing the 19-14 score, so I was really confused. A little while later, someone said my score (which was posted on CoachT's Scoreboard) was wrong. He said he was at the game and PF scored again in the last 20 seconds to take the lead. I didn't know what was going on. Anyway, it is all straightened out now. Thank goodness.

Not much of a game. But a good warm-up for the playoffs I guess. I was a little disappointed in the crowd attendance though. Maybe it was the cold, maybe it was the competition. But next week we need EVERYBODY out to support these Panthers in their first ever home playoff game.

The crowd wasn't the largest I ever ever seen, but they were loud and vocal. I like that! When the pressbox first started rocking, I thought it was an earthquake.

I challenge everyone one in North Claiborne County to do even better next Friday!

Folks South of the Powell River are excused to go cheer on the Bulldogs.

:thumb: