9-aaa

Dark Man

Ditto on this - Anybody heard anything about Beech's girls? B)

Beech has about 15 good basketball players, probably no pre-season super stars.

I'd say they could be a scary team to play. It will be interesting what the results will be from one of the state's veteran H.S. coaches, Dennis Walker. I believe they will drive some teams crazy.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been 8 months since I walked out of Murphy Center as happy as I've ever been before. What a SEASON it was. Incredible and Overwhelming. I felt like something special was going to happen and it did.

Obivously Clark was the backbone to last years team and she will definetely be missed. Take 24 points away from anybody's total points and it will hurt. And lets not foget Holly Hudson. Her senior leadership was a big asset. Both these young ladies will be missed and we wish them the best in their college careers.

Now for the upcoming 05-06 season what can we expect.

With McFarlin, Pigue, Gibson, and Van Atta returning as starters it will be interesting to see who is the 5th starter. Will Fry go with Muniz or Bowman. I don't have a clue yet but you can bet BOTH will play a lot. The Super Sophomores I like to refer to will definetely give them depth. Hall and Burroughs are going to get playing time and Becca Sharpe is as steady a point guard as you'll ever find. She seems to have ice water in her veins and nothing seems to rattle her.

The team will as usual rely on the high-low game with McFarlin playing the 5 and Van Atta the 4. Muniz would be a perfect 3 (she's a gunner) and Pigue at the 2 and Gibson at the point. With Bowman in she'd take the point with Gibson moving to the 2 and Pigue the 3. So it will be interesting to see which direction Fry goes with.

This team will be tough to beat. They are playing a strong schedule and a undefeated season will be hard to accomplish but are very capable of winning 24-27 regular season games.

I'm looking forward to another exciting season. The Leroy Wright Tourament starts Nov. 21 and I'll be there cheering the girls on.

Its been 8 months since I walked out of Murphy Center as happy as I've ever been before. What a SEASON it was. Incredible and Overwhelming. I felt like something special was going to happen and it did.

Obivously Clark was the backbone to last years team and she will definetely be missed. Take 24 points away from anybody's total points and it will hurt. And lets not foget Holly Hudson. Her senior leadership was a big asset. Both these young ladies will be missed and we wish them the best in their college careers.

Now for the upcoming 05-06 season what can we expect.

With McFarlin, Pigue, Gibson, and Van Atta returning as starters it will be interesting to see who is the 5th starter. Will Fry go with Muniz or Bowman. I don't have a clue yet but you can bet BOTH will play a lot. The Super Sophomores I like to refer to will definetely give them depth. Hall and Burroughs are going to get playing time and Becca Sharpe is as steady a point guard as you'll ever find. She seems to have ice water in her veins and nothing seems to rattle her.

The team will as usual rely on the high-low game with McFarlin playing the 5 and Van Atta the 4. Muniz would be a perfect 3 (she's a gunner) and Pigue at the 2 and Gibson at the point. With Bowman in she'd take the point with Gibson moving to the 2 and Pigue the 3. So it will be interesting to see which direction Fry goes with.

This team will be tough to beat. They are playing a strong schedule and a undefeated season will be hard to accomplish but are very capable of winning 24-27 regular season games.

I'm looking forward to another exciting season. The Leroy Wright Tourament starts Nov. 21 and I'll be there cheering the girls on.

That's FRYER. I believe we will see Bowman start with Casey at the 3 - a great part of the Bear O is the Bear pressure D - Bowman is quick,quick,quick!

The District better get ready for Taylor Hall bombing away from the 3 point line!

What, not going to the Centennial game?

Edited by MJ AND BEYOND

as alway's one of the toughest district's in the state(if not the toughest) in my opinion the top four will be in no particular order, mj, wc, smyrna, h'ville. am looking forward to some great games

I like your group, but I'll put them in the order you suggest

MJ

WC

Smyrna

H'Ville

Hendersonville looks like they have some height!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be at most of the games this year cheering for my GreenWave but it looks a little shaky. It might be a long year if someone doesn't step up and shoot the ball. It looks like everyone is waiting for Kendrick to shoot. We have some promising potential but........I'm afraid Coach Kendrick has her work cut out this year.

Good Luck Wave.